Morrissey's Autobiography - What Will He Reveal?

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
So with his autobiog done and dusted or thereabouts and waiting to be published, as Moz has described, what mysterious revelations are you hoping will be revealed? What questions do you hope he'll finally put to bed and clarify once and for all? Or do you think the big questions will even get answered?

Personally I'm hoping he can elaborate on the relationships he's had with people, he did reveal in 2006 I think that he's no longer a vigin (though I don't believe that for one minute! I believe that happened ages before) So what happened? Will he reveal who it was or when it happened? I'm not asking for seedy gutteral detail, it's just that it's his autobiography now and he's in his 50's so some revelations are bound to come to light, I'll also be interested to know about the studio environment and if there's been any major fallings out with his current band line-up if he's ever lost it during recording, also I wonder if he'll reveal about any encounters with fans, if they've offered themselves to him and if he's ever been tempted...

Anyway what revelations are you hoping he will proclaim in the book?

So with his autobiog done and dusted or thereabouts and waiting to be published, as Moz has described, what mysterious revelations are you hoping will be revealed? What questions do you hope he'll finally put to bed and clarify once and for all? Or do you think the big questions will even get answered?

Personally I'm hoping he can elaborate on the relationships he's had with people, he did reveal in 2006 I think that he's no longer a vigin (though I don't believe that for one minute! I believe that happened ages before) So what happened? Will he reveal who it was or when it happened? I'm not asking for seedy gutteral detail, it's just that it's his autobiography now and he's in his 50's so some revelations are bound to come to light, I'll also be interested to know about the studio environment and if there's been any major fallings out with his current band line-up if he's ever lost it during recording, also I wonder if he'll reveal about any encounters with fans, if they've offered themselves to him and if he's ever been tempted...

Anyway what revelations are you hoping he will proclaim in the book?

He waited until he was 47 to let everyone know he wasn't a virgin anymore? :lbf: I'm sure I remember a Smiths interview where he said he lost it very early, 13 or 14, but he's contradicted himself on the topic many times. I want to know the full Jake story in detail, why he really left the David Bowie tour, the Smiths split from his side and whether he or Linder were lovers at any point...also interested to know what was behind the "secret child" rumours that cropped up during the court case and then were never heard of again.

Oh, and of course... whether he's ever had a bit of rough'n'tumble with any band members past or present....like Johnny for example :thumb:

He waited until he was 47 to let everyone know he wasn't a virgin anymore? :lbf: I'm sure I remember a Smiths interview where he said he lost it very early, 13 or 14, but he's contradicted himself on the topic many times. I want to know the full Jake story in detail, why he really left the David Bowie tour, the Smiths split from his side and whether he or Linder were lovers at any point...also interested to know what was behind the "secret child" rumours that cropped up during the court case and then were never heard of again.

Secret child? Wahhhh!? Yeah I reckon Moz had had his wicked way with more people than he cottons on, I mean he's a red blood male, the thing is as well if it were with a man or woman, it wouldn't really matter would it? But yeah, I'd like to know more about the Jake situation, I reckon something happened probably not full sex, but something! But yeah, he's going to have to elaborate more on his sexual encounters! 13 or 14? That's mad!, what interview was that in? Also wondering if any unseen pictures will be on show in the central spine.

Secret child? Wahhhh!? Yeah I reckon Moz had had his wicked way with more people than he cottons on, I mean he's a red blood male, the thing is as well if it were with a man or woman, it wouldn't really matter would it? But yeah, I'd like to know more about the Jake situation, I reckon something happened probably not full sex, but something! But yeah, he's going to have to elaborate more on his sexual encounters! 13 or 14? That's mad!, what interview was that in? Also wondering if any unseen pictures will be on show in the central spine.

Have you seen Jake's photos of him? I'm pretty sure they had a relationship for at least 2 years..

Yeah, 13/14 is mad, not sure if hewas 100% serious though. Here's the interview:
http://foreverill.com/interviews/1987/mrsmith.htm

and snippet:

When did you lose your virginity?

I've never been asked this. Actually it was in my early teens, 12 or 13. But it was an isolated incident, an accident. After that it was downhill. I've got no pleasant memories from it whatsoever.

As well as some unconvincing bullshitting/bravado concerning Johnny Marr:

You must be extremely worried now that Johnny Marr has decided to leave the group? Marred for life?

To a certain extent I'm upset and it's quite harrowing, but it's really just something I have to live with. I'm certainly not going to lie down and die, not by any means. Sorry. Most of what I ever felt about The Smiths came from within me anyway, and it can't really be touched by, shall we say, any comings and goings. It was brewing for a long time, and although many people didn't realise it, I certainly did. It was less of a blow really... not terribly surprising...

But he's half of the creative team of the band!

I know, and it's distressing, but it's not The Smiths' funeral by any means.

Have you seen Jake's photos of him? I'm pretty sure they had a relationship for at least 2 years..

Yeah, 13/14 is mad, not sure if hewas 100% serious though. Here's the interview:
http://foreverill.com/interviews/1987/mrsmith.htm

and snippet:

As well as some unconvincing bullshitting/bravado concerning Johnny Marr:

Thanks for that Amy, it was a good read! I liked this little snippet...

"But you're constantly living in the past.

Well, it's cheaper, it was much cheaper in those days! I think I do to a certain degree, but no, it's really only a matter of taste. I just find that things buried in the past are so more interesting than anything around today. I hate things like McDonalds — I prefer the world of tea rooms and mysterious little chip shops to the world of fast food. Unfortunately it's difficult to find many interesting old tea rooms in London, but I have found the odd place where I can sit without feeling intimidated."

I know it's typical Moz, but I miss that British-ness about him, the chipy shops and tea rooms he'd visit. Aww

He's going to reveal absolutely nothing. And he's especially not going to reveal anything about his sexuality. But, it will be nicely-written.

He's going to reveal absolutely nothing. And he's especially not going to reveal anything about his sexuality. But, it will be nicely-written.

I'm not sure there is much to reveal in terms of labels, he's already said he is attracted to men and women.

You should really just make it up for yourself. If would fit your own "interests" that way and probably be just as accurate and relevant.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Amy, it was a good read! I liked this little snippet...

"But you're constantly living in the past.

Well, it's cheaper, it was much cheaper in those days! I think I do to a certain degree, but no, it's really only a matter of taste. I just find that things buried in the past are so more interesting than anything around today. I hate things like McDonalds — I prefer the world of tea rooms and mysterious little chip shops to the world of fast food. Unfortunately it's difficult to find many interesting old tea rooms in London, but I have found the odd place where I can sit without feeling intimidated."

I know it's typical Moz, but I miss that British-ness about him, the chipy shops and tea rooms he'd visit. Aww

Yeah, it's quite sweet. Do you think he still likes London these days? Or has he given up on the old UK for good?

Yeah, it's quite sweet. Do you think he still likes London these days? Or has he given up on the old UK for good?

The beef he has with the UK now is just the lazy, jealous journos and media, I do think though because he's a born and bred northerner that British attitude will never leave him, to be honest though I thought he was living in Ireland at the moment, whilst he's not away touring, but yeah. It'd be great for him to get on a British label and record the album in England.

I think I still have this romantic idea though that Moz still lives in England and goes for walks around grey, wet London alone, buying some fresh bread and then retiring to his home in Chelsea and writing some ace lyrics for a new album with a Parker fountain pen, drinking sugarless tea with the Leather Boys on telly in the background.

Ahhh.

Last edited:
I wonder how well it will actually be written. He may be the greatest lyricist of all time, but some of his statements on TTY feel a little clunky.
He tried to be a music journalist until he was 23 but didn't succeed, which may have been due to his writing skills

I think I still have this romantic idea though that Moz still lives in England and goes for walks around grey, wet London alone, buying some fresh bread and then retiring to his home in Chelsea and writing some ace lyrics for a new album with a Parker fountain pen, drinking sugarless tea with the Leather Boys on telly in the background.

Ahhh.

That sounds delightful. Did your heart break a little bit when he moved to LA? :p

I wonder how well it will actually be written. He may be the greatest lyricist of all time, but some of his statements on TTY feel a little clunky.
He tried to be a music journalist until he was 23 but didn't succeed, which may have been due to his writing skills

Well, there was that bit that was published a year or so back about him and Linder and James Maker gallivanting miserably about the Moors that was allegedly from his autobiography. I remember that reading like an eloquent piece of literature.

And I think he didn't succeed in being a journalist because he was an asshole in a witty way as opposed to in the typically dull way of most music journalists.

That sounds delightful. Did your heart break a little bit when he moved to LA? :p

Well L.A is the place where eveyone goes to re-invent themselves isn't it? I can see why he left England after the endless negative media stories and court case and loss of a record label, why LA though? Even he hated it and thought it was false, maybe to be closer to his Hispantic fanbase? I thought though he'd have moved to a place where he could focus his creative drive and produce some great music away from the hassle, L.A hardly seems the place though, maybe he wanted to top up his tan and visit a 7 11, who the hell knows?

I doubt he didn't succeed as a music journalist because of his sloppy writing, look at Paul Morely for heavens sake!

Back
Top Bottom