Morrissey's Alain Whyte & Eric Blair talk Morrissey/ Red Lightning 2005

Haha! Nothin' is gonna switch up ya way of thinkin' Skinny.
This guy Al was just presentin' a testament to Moz's character.
Use it as ye wish.

To be fair, they were still working together when the interview took place. I mean, it wouldn't have been prudent of Alain to say anything derogatory.

Towards the end of interview, Alain states that there would be a big tour for the new album (Ringleader). I wonder if he knew at the time he wasn't going to be asked to go on tour anymore with Morrissey.

Towards the end of interview, Alain states that there would be a big tour for the new album (Ringleader). I wonder if he knew at the time he wasn't going to be asked to go on tour anymore with Morrissey.

He said in another interview at the time that he would love to go but didn't know if he'd be asked. Incidentally, Red Lightning played a showcase gig at South by Southwest in 2006 on or around the same date as Morrissey's date there.

Lovely interview. Thank you. Alain's always been a great guy. I really miss him and his compositions.

Alain looks really well. It's heartening that he's said this; disheartening that Johnny didn't feel he could do the same when asked. But Johnny always has one eye on pandering to the mainstream, it feels.

Is this really comparable? Alain was speaking in 2005, when Morrissey was riding the wave of a huge comeback and hadn’t said anything that could be construed as “racist” for years.

Johnny was interviewed recently at a time when Morrissey’s reputation is at an absolute nadir. Anybody saying “He isn’t a racist!” would look ridiculous due to his hideous statements, support for the Far Right, etc, etc. Nobody in their right mind would defend that.

Lovely interview. Thank you. Alain's always been a great guy. I really miss him and his compositions.

Very true. It was great to hear him speak to those solo records and a reminder of how integral a role he played in their creation. Although, his swipes at my favorite solo album Maladjusted left quite a mark. :( Still love him anyway :thumb:

Very true. It was great to hear him speak to those solo records and a reminder of how integral a role he played in their creation. Although, his swipes at my favorite solo album Maladjusted left quite a mark. :( Still love him anyway :thumb:
Agree. I’m also a big Maladjusted fan.

Tags
alain whyte interview
Back
Top Bottom