Morrissey would like to thank: Julia riley?

U

unrulygirl

Got the new greatest hits compilation for x-mas (have all the songs 10 times over so didn't think of buying it) But it's actually pretty cool just for the little booklet inside and the pictures, very lovely. Well if you read the part where Morrissey Is thanking people you see the usual.. boz,gary, alain, (MR.cobrin was somehow forgotten!) And Kirsty mcoll Of course who would be expected, But Julia riley? I understand she is a very devoted fan but are her and Morrissey personal friends as well? Just wondering, Either way i bet she feels good being acknowledged that way, thought that was pretty nice of him.

Ever hear of the term "payola"? Someone pays MOZ man for a "mention". Plus, she probably has to do his laundry or shop for his cds or something.
Moz man never thanked his fans who have stood by him and bought him houses, cars, etc indirectly by buying his product. The more I hear about the guy, the more insulted I get.

paulo> Got the new greatest hits compilation for x-mas (have all the songs 10
> times over so didn't think of buying it) But it's actually pretty cool
> just for the little booklet inside and the pictures, very lovely. Well if
> you read the part where Morrissey Is thanking people you see the usual..
> boz,gary, alain, (MR.cobrin was somehow forgotten!) And Kirsty mcoll Of
> course who would be expected, But Julia riley? I understand she is a very
> devoted fan but are her and Morrissey personal friends as well? Just
> wondering, Either way i bet she feels good being acknowledged that way,
> thought that was pretty nice of him.

> But Julia riley? I understand she is a very
> devoted fan but are her and Morrissey personal friends as well? Just
> wondering, Either way i bet she feels good being acknowledged that way, thought that was pretty nice of him.

I'm sure Morrissey has his reasons for doing that, but I somehow doubt that he is completely in the know about who does what and what's really going on in the fan camp. Of course Julia Riley has gone to great lengths to see him, however, wouldn't we all do the same if we were a rich single woman with nothing better to do??? How about thanking someone like David T. who contributes a great deal of his time and money to him on a daily basis without millions in the bank, or the girls from Morrisseytour.com or infact EVERY fan who struggled or went out of their way to see him and be close to him....... I know a million stories that would serve as a good example.

I'm personally still paying off debts I made to see him as often as I could on the last tour. I do expect credits myself on the next record. NOT.

next thing you know...

We'll be seeing him on a tuxedo and heavy make-up saying to the cameras : "I'd like to thank the members of the Academy blahblahblah..." (see Klee Girls post on the main site).
I agree that Morrissey should give his fans more support, attention and acknowledgement; the lenghts people will go to see, praise (and, indirectly, finance) him are unheard-of and moving-- all the more so because there's more affection and true love involved, as opposed to MTV-inspired teenage hysteria.
The fan stories are really moving. Morrissey, wake up my friend.

> I'm sure Morrissey has his reasons for doing that, but I somehow doubt
> that he is completely in the know about who does what and what's really
> going on in the fan camp. Of course Julia Riley has gone to great lengths
> to see him, however, wouldn't we all do the same if we were a rich single
> woman with nothing better to do??? How about thanking someone like David
> T. who contributes a great deal of his time and money to him on a daily
> basis without millions in the bank, or the girls from Morrisseytour.com or
> infact EVERY fan who struggled or went out of their way to see him and be
> close to him....... I know a million stories that would serve as a good
> example.

> I'm personally still paying off debts I made to see him as often as I
> could on the last tour. I do expect credits myself on the next record.
> NOT.

> I'm personally still paying off debts I made to see him as often as I
> could on the last tour. I do expect credits myself on the next record.
> NOT.

So true Mimi.. The money and the emotional time spent and given is incalculable.. The fact is though, I am disappointed to report that maybe Morrissey has lost touch with reality... and especially with us, the fans, who put him 'there' in the first place..

..in England we can safely sayy he is taking the p1ss by his isolation and lack of communication.. I mean, look at Boz and Lloyd Cole, you can talk to them freely.. they're not so precious about their time.

Moz is taking stupid tablets once again.

Prozac to be precise. The bloating, the losing touch with reality, the bad clothes, the bad hair, the lack of music being produced, the laziness, the disrespect(YES< I SAID DISRESPECT) to his fans. Where is he? What's going on? Take a minute: all of Morrissey's current fans "disappeared". What is the likelyhood that he could attract a new audience to buy his records? Or, better yet, to fill a 5,00 seat club(never mind a 20,000 seat arena of days of old)?
I want a rebate or refund of all the money I spent putting him where he is now. I'm not kidding here.

> So true Mimi.. The money and the emotional time spent and given is
> incalculable.. The fact is though, I am disappointed to report that maybe
> Morrissey has lost touch with reality... and especially with us, the fans,
> who put him 'there' in the first place..

> ..in England we can safely sayy he is taking the p1ss by his isolation and
> lack of communication.. I mean, look at Boz and Lloyd Cole, you can talk
> to them freely.. they're not so precious about their time.

Re: Moz is taking stupid tablets once again.

> Prozac to be precise. The bloating, the losing touch with reality, the bad
> clothes, the bad hair, the lack of music being produced, the laziness, the
> disrespect(YES I want a rebate or refund of all the money I spent putting
> him where he is now. I'm not kidding here.

I agree, in part. Morrissey simply went away and lost the touch with those who made him what he is now: a pop star. He just open his mouth when the subject money is involved in. Maybe this is harsh to say, maybe we're wrong (I hope so), but he should consider our points of view, and get near us. Speak up, Morrissey!

Re: Moz is taking stupid tablets once again.

Listen, smut-puppy. I'm a come over and nock da socky-socks off ya for telling my man Morrissey's secretz. Moz is da man. He's got the cashy-cash and you DONT. So stop your cryeing and sell your old Smits records and your morrissey 7" import singles. You're not wrong, but schut your moufy-mouf.
Moz in da hizzy-house!

> I agree, in part. Morrissey simply went away and lost the touch with those
> who made him what he is now: a pop star. He just open his mouth when the
> subject money is involved in. Maybe this is harsh to say, maybe we're
> wrong (I hope so), but he should consider our points of view, and get near
> us. Speak up, Morrissey!

Back
Top Bottom