Morrissey warning on eBay 'signatures' - true-to-you.net

Ebay - true-to-you.net
2 October 2011

EBAY

Morrissey would like to warn people that the Morrissey 'signatures' presently for sale on ebay.UK are 100% fake. Please beware.

Last edited:
The Vauhall and I lp, signed by Morrissey on 94" has a strange looking "y". And the Heaven Knows, from France, "from my huge collection", looks some what questionable. There was another signed item from this seller last week. I have Forgiven Jesus, with Moriiaey in frock. It was a 7 " with a real funky looking "y". Did ya see that one? If they were real autographs and real friends, these records would NOT be for sale.

Does this mean that if, in the future, one buys a Morrissey signed item on ebay and it turns out to be fake, that one can accuse Moz of not informing them of the fakery and seek monetary compensation from him because of the precedent he has set stating current items are fake?

I think he was just being friendly, seeker.

Morrissey has a site to return all fake items called, trash.com. Send your fakes in and you git a crack on the head for buying it.

I don't know why people are buy autographs anyway. I could understand if it was something you personally got from Morrissey himself. Then it'd be a memento, a way to remember. But, in the end, it's just ink on paper.

Imagine Morrissey finally ending up on eBay somehow and typing 'MORRISSEY' into the search field. "I can't recall signing that," he thinks, followed by a quick announcement to miss Riley. I find it so brilliant in a way. Hm.

Morrissey has been opening his mouth a lot recently. Could it be that he's a little jealous of all the attention that Johnny Marr and the Smiths box set is getting?

Its a shame he did'nt warn fans about viva hate autographs when vinny signed as morrissey and morrissey signed as vinny alegedly of course!!!!!!!
It was a giggle I heard.

Good observation Wobble! But maybe someone notified Morrissey first, about these dubious items of falsehood ? And then the message of warning from Morrissey? I dunno.:squiffy: Certianly no one likes their work to be pimped by mercenary types and plagerizing crosses the line!:mad: There's some really good sellers on Ebay, with good stuff, but then...:eek:

I had a cool promo CD signed by Moz in crayon, but I sold it on e-bay 'cos I needed some money. It wasn't even much $.

Anyone buying anything signed by Moz unless it's face to face or at least from a limited number at a concert is sad and pathetic :)

The strange thing is that in the forum on this very site that Morrissey affectionatly calls "solow", they have a thread devoted to helping fans spot fakes. Kind of what Morrissey is doing now. So does that mean this site might have some redeamable qualities?

The strange thing is that in the forum on this very site that Morrissey affectionatly calls "solow", they have a thread devoted to helping fans spot fakes. Kind of what Morrissey is doing now. So does that mean this site might have some redeamable qualities?
Nothing beats the original. And this place is the original, the first and last of the famous. No wonder Morrissey roams the forums to this very day.... So best watch it!

Its a shame he did'nt warn fans about viva hate autographs when vinny signed as morrissey and morrissey signed as vinny alegedly of course!!!!!!!
It was a giggle I heard.
Naughty boys! They best not have sold them! Hmmm... something lIke , evil people prosper over you and me always....Strangeways here we come.

i love you morrissey. little snapshots into moz's life are what makes him a truly unique entertainer. makes a change from the souless shit you have to endure on the music channels. come play cheltenham soon my friend, the beer shall be on me :)

Talk about having too much time on your hands. Gee Grandpa, Thanks for protecting three fans from getting ripped off. Meanwhile, Grandpa won't hesitate to cancel his Texas shows (probably Vegas too). Seriously, how bored is he? Shouldn't he be reading a book or something?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom