Morrissey to play Lokerse Feesten (Aug. 4, 2011)

Lokerse Feesten 2011

Morrissey will be performing at the Lokerse Feesten on August 4 2011. Tickets already online at www.lokersefeesten.be.

Jaren hebben we er stiekem van gedroomd. Maanden hebben we er aan gewerkt. Weken hebben we op een antwoord gewacht. Nachten hebben we er wakker van gelegen.

Maar soms komen dromen uit en wint de aanhouder want - Hij komt: MORRISSEY zal op donderdag 4 augustus voor het eerst (als solo-artiest) op een Belgisch festivalpodium staan, in een exclusieve show voor België, Frankrijk en Luxemburg! Well you don't need to look so pleased.

De voorverkoop voor 4 augustus (met naast Morrissey o.m. ook 2MANYDJS LIVE en GOGOL BORDELLO) start meteen, via www.lokersefeesten.be.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone interested, the article states that this is an exclusive show for Belgium, Luxembourg and France. So I suppose that could mean that there will be no extension of the tour further south in EU.

:) Yes Yes!!! :):cool:
Woooow this is really fantastic news, thank you thank you Morrissey, a dream come true.
Yes yes yes, Lokerse Feesten and many fans dreamed for years for this :):thumb:
Great news! I come to describe ends.
Thank you, Moz, thank you Lokerse Feesten ;)

For anyone interested, the article states that this is an exclusive show for Belgium, Luxembourg and France. So I suppose that could mean that there will be no extension of the tour further south in EU.

I see the hatery against the Dutch goes on in here, why not Dutch and Germans who
live at the west side near the Dutch/Luxenbourg and France border

I think in your joy you forgot us, but this festivasl is the closest one for the Dutch Morrissey die hards regulars:lbf:,
well maybe the one living in the 3 northern provinces, Copenhagen is closer

anyway never heard about the Lokerse Feesten, Morrissey better chosen Pukkelpop
[if it still exist]

anyway enjoy the festival you lucky Belgiums:thumb:

Last edited:
Lokerse Feesten did have already lots of big names on their festival....and some even did record their performance on DVD there Iggy Pop & The Stooges etc....it's a nice festival not too far from Ghent !! and Pukkelpop is still a big festival !! every year better and better !!

Possibly - but don't forget how Hop Farm was billed as an exlusive UK festival appearance - then Glastonbury turned up, or how the first batch of UK dates were billed as the only dates in the UK - then another batch appeared 'by popular demand'.

don't hesitate to go there, i've been to this festival three times already. it's tiny and you'll get many chances to come close to the barriers as people prefer to have a drink at the bars beforehand. by the way, if you need a drink there, don't move to a bar, people will come to you with crates of drinks above their heads (!)
car park is pretty far from the site, but there's a bus service linking the car park and the site.
a jolly good time there with manic street preachers two years ago, and with the pet shop boys before that. but this year, moz is unmissable!

I see the hatery against the Dutch goes on in here, why not Dutch and Germans who
live at the west side near the Dutch/Luxenbourg and France border

I think in your joy you forgot us, but this festivasl is the closest one for the Dutch Morrissey die hards regulars:lbf:,
well maybe the one living in the 3 northern provinces, Copenhagen is closer

anyway never heard about the Lokerse Feesten, Morrissey better chosen Pukkelpop
[if it still exist]

anyway enjoy the festival you lucky Belgiums:thumb:

I dont get this comment. All I was saying in my initial comment was -since the text was in Dutch - that anyone in France should know that if they want to attent a Morrissey concert, he or she should probably pick this one as there will be none in France. Thats all.

I dont get this comment. All I was saying in my initial comment was -since the text was in Dutch - that anyone in France should know that if they want to attent a Morrissey concert, he or she should probably pick this one as there will be none in France. Thats all.

my apologies for the 3rd time, as I wrote in the other dates newsitem, cause
when I read this I hadn't seen Eindhoven was listed

sorry:tears:

Last edited:
More information about Lokerse Feesten (in English):

http://www.lokersefeesten.be/en/program/the-nights/04-08/morrissey

See ya all there Smithsies:)

"For Steven Patrick Morrissey is the only friend we don't hate for having become successful."

I have my doubts that people really think the same way who attended one of his half arsed concerts in the past or were insulted by his superfans through sad dialectic tricks only to see them rewarded by him for doing so. To think "it is them, but he is different" is one thing, but to then realize that they are one package another.

Morrissey is yet one of the three acts that night. Are there more acts to come? Anyone any idea ?

No, they are only 3 bands that night.
If you're looking for tickets, do not wait too long because the tickets are selling out fast ;)

Normally, there will be other bands too right? Thought so...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom