Morrissey to appear on the "Late Show with David Letterman" January 8th 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey to appear on the "Late Show with David Letterman" January 8th

Yay. Fantastic news. I can't wait to hear him play You Have Killed Me.

Again.

So, what song should he sing?

Of the new ones I like "Action"... but he has so many better songs. Lately he seems to have given up on the new songs anyway and is playing older ones ...and aside from fans, doubt many viewers would know that Speedway, for example, is years old. Should he go with a Smiths song? so I'm interested in folks ideas on which song he should choose if he's really trying to get interest from people who aren't already familiar with his music and buy I tickets to his shows.

who else is appearing on the show? i cant view the letterman page. much appreciated,thanks.

Re: Article: Morrissey to appear on the "Late Show with David Letterman" January 8th

who else is appearing on the show? i cant view the letterman page. much appreciated, thanks.

Have you tried different browsers (Firefox / Chrome)?

Apart from Morrissey, it doesn't mention other guests on 8th.

Last edited:

It would be great to see Morrissey do someone different for a change - maybe just him and Gustavo on piano doing a stripped back version of Suedehead or maybe Dearest Love. Create a "TV moment" and get people talking/interested in him again.

Instead it'll be same old, same old - it looks like he's content to just churn it out like sausages these days. What a waste of a once great talent...

JK with his dark chocolate.

I am SO THANKFUL I joined this forum today. I just locked in tickets to see him perform on Letterman!

It would be great to see Morrissey do someone different for a change - maybe just him and Gustavo on piano doing a stripped back version of Suedehead or maybe Dearest Love. Create a "TV moment" and get people talking/interested in him again.

Instead it'll be same old, same old - it looks like he's content to just churn it out like sausages these days. What a waste of a once great talent...

I agree... but something perhaps more realistic like a thrashing performance of Maladjusted or an angelic version of Everyday Is Like Sunday would be better for me. He's certainly not going to play anything that isn't in his current set. I got tickets and I'm sure I'll be treated to either People Are The Same Everywhere, Paris or You Have Killed Me... yawn.

Thanks for a great post, your last paragraph made my belly muscles ache and I had to change my pants due to your use of the 'churning out sausages' to describe him playing old songs like a broken record. I declare that from today his oldies shall be known as "SAUSAGES" (It's a great word is sausages).
Thankyou once again.

I really hope Letterman gets to interview him. Dave would get a real kick out of Morrissey's pompous aloofness and make fun of him to no end. Dave's getting ornery in his old age (or maybe just drunk... Makes for funny television either way).

Letterman does not drink.

watch out for a sign for the blue rose society

you can find the signs on the morrisseysworld blog. I am fairly sure moz will give one of them on the letterman show!

I got tickets and I'm sure I'll be treated to either People Are The Same Everywhere, Paris or You Have Killed Me... yawn.

Yawn? Then why did you get tickets...Tom? Perhaps he should sing You Have Killed Me just to sink your boredom to an even deeper level. Jeez.

Maladjusted would really be incredible!!! It doesn't really matter, though, I'm just happy to see him!

watch out for a sign for the blue rose society

you can find the signs on the morrisseysworld blog. I am fairly sure moz will give one of them on the letterman show!

Go away, creepers. :mad:

Yawn? Then why did you get tickets...Tom? Perhaps he should sing You Have Killed Me just to sink your boredom to an even deeper level. Jeez.

Because I work nearby and I'm a huge Letterman fan as well as being a Moz fan. And yes... "yawn" is appropriate. I know it's hard for a sycophantic sheep like yourself to comprehend, so I will not bother to attempt to explain why singing tired, played-to-death, non-classics on television would be construed as boring. Not to mention the fact that it's not very helpful to your average Letterman viewer. What percentage of viewers upon hearing You Have Killed Me are going to leap to their iTunes to download this guy Morrissey? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Tom......What do you think he should play ?

Some of his golden oldie sausages ! How about his first solo hit sausagehead ?

Because I work nearby and I'm a huge Letterman fan as well as being a Moz fan. And yes... "yawn" is appropriate. I know it's hard for a sycophantic sheep like yourself to comprehend, so I will not bother to attempt to explain why singing tired, played-to-death, non-classics on television would be construed as boring. Not to mention the fact that it's not very helpful to your average Letterman viewer. What percentage of viewers upon hearing You Have Killed Me are going to leap to .their iTunes to download this guy !!Morrissey? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Oh, please...this sycophantic sheep knows more than you think. Considering the percentage of viewers find almost anything in the top 20 acceptable for download, it's shocking you seem to think Maladjusted would send them clambering to itunes! Yes, you and I know that's one hell of a song, but to your average Letterman viewer, I think that song would throw them for a loop. I'd love to hear him sing it, but its best to keep the songs simple - which isn't a word you can easily associate with Morrissey. Look, it ain't like it used to be. When something sounded clever and profound, the next day we'd run out to the nearest record store. Today, its all "gangham style", or whatever you call trash like that...So, yeah, You Have Killed Me is acceptable. By the way, bah-ah-ah-ah!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom