Morrissey spotted in NYC today?

pewtavert

Alabaster Crashes Down
My wife swears that she saw Morrissey walking along 48th Street in Manhattan today with his "posse". Can anybody confirm this sighting?:squiffy:

She said that he was walking on Madison Ave and turned down 48th heading towards Park Ave.

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey spotted in NYC today???????

My wife swears that she saw Morrissey walking along 48th Street in Manhattan today with his "posse". Can anybody confirm this sighting?:squiffy:

She said that he was walking on Madison Ave and turned down 48th heading towards Park Ave.

Whaaaaaaaat. I work on 48th a couple of blocks off Park. I'll keep an eye out, haha.

I hope he's still there in about 2 hours (hops into car...)

There are so many hipsters with flat caps in NYC. Could have been anyone.

If it is him, why can't he walk down the street without an entourage? He's not going to be chased down like the Beatles.

If it is him, why can't he walk down the street without an entourage? He's not going to be chased down like the Beatles.

Or he could just be walking with friends or traveling with associates. People do that sometimes. Or (most likely) maybe it's not him.

(Also, flat caps are a hipster thing? People call 55-year-old men hipsters? And they hang out in midtown? What?)

Or he could just be walking with friends or traveling with associates. People do that sometimes. Or (most likely) maybe it's not him.

(Also, flat caps are a hipster thing? People call 55-year-old men hipsters? And they hang out in midtown? What?)

His vintage jeans are hip. He certainly doesn't dress like an average 55 year old.

Maybe he's going to the US Open. If that's the case, he can stop by my house first. I live 10 minutes away. :D

tennis is one of the best sports (played for years and years). i dont know how you can live so close to the u.s open and not be trying to get a glimpse.

I still can't believe he participated in that 50th birthday thing.

Whaaaaaaaat. I work on 48th a couple of blocks off Park. I'll keep an eye out, haha.

He's looking for you Chickpea...:D

That's what's wrong with America. Maybe Moz is spotted and the locals dash for their cars. What are you going to do if you see him? Chloroform his square jaw and bundle him into the boot, sorry I mean trunk. I walked past Moz twice on the streets of Dublin back in the 90's and nodded at him. He smiled and returned the nod. I didn't need to post it on the internet or blubber at his feet. I am a long term serious fan of the man but you have to have some self respect. I doubt if he appreciates being mauled on the street.

That's what's wrong with America. Maybe Moz is spotted and the locals dash for their cars. What are you going to do if you see him? Chloroform his square jaw and bundle him into the boot, sorry I mean trunk. I walked past Moz twice on the streets of Dublin back in the 90's and nodded at him. He smiled and returned the nod. I didn't need to post it on the internet or blubber at his feet. I am a long term serious fan of the man but you have to have some self respect. I doubt if he appreciates being mauled on the street.
Right. Because only Americans exhibit this type of fan culture. :rolleyes:

I'd walk up to him and say, "Hey. You see signs now? Yeah that's what I thought." then punch him in the arm and run away.

That's what's wrong with America. Maybe Moz is spotted and the locals dash for their cars.

Sorry, but with the exception of tourists outside TV show tapings, I have NEVER ever in my entire life seen a celebrity mobbed (or even politely approached!) in New York City. You're painting with way too broad a brush.

In case it wasn't totally obvious (I guess it wasn't), I was joking about keeping an eye out for him. I am also quite certain Fred was joking about driving to New York from Philadelphia. :rolleyes:

I'd walk up to him and say, "Hey. You see signs now? Yeah that's what I thought." then punch him in the arm and run away.

I have actively avoided every situation in which there was even a remote chance I might see Morrissey off-stage, including in-store signings. I have no desire to approach and/or speak to him. I completely understand those who do, but I prefer the distance.

I would love an autograph tattoo but outside of a store signing I would be too afraid to ask.

Apart from LA, he wouldn't get mobbed in America. Believe it or not, he's not that famous here. He could easily walk down the street in NYC or Boston and very few people, if any, would bother him. A lot of younger people who love the smiths think he still looks like that so they would think he was just a good looking older guy.

Back
Top Bottom