Morrissey sings James Bond?

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
I'm surprised Morrissey has never sang a Bond theme, it seems the right thing to do, what with Skyfall doing so well and the whole history and british kitschness with the Bond franchise, I thought Moz would be a huge fan of Bond, it'd be amazing to hear him croon over a brilliant John Barry style score with the rugged Daniel Craig beating up some baddies, thoughts?

Would it work with this new, gritty era of Bond films?

I've always had him down as more of a Basildon Bond man, myself.

I'm surprised Morrissey has never sang a Bond theme, it seems the right thing to do, what with Skyfall doing so well and the whole history and british kitschness with the Bond franchise, I thought Moz would be a huge fan of Bond, it'd be amazing to hear him croon over a brilliant John Barry style score with the rugged Daniel Craig beating up some baddies, thoughts?

Would it work with this new, gritty era of Bond films?

Bond probably eats foie gras.

That would be cool.
Side note: I seem to recall him coming on stage to the James Bond theme music at his 2 Boston shows back in 2000... am I imagining that? Anyone else recall?

That would be cool.
Side note: I seem to recall him coming on stage to the James Bond theme music at his 2 Boston shows back in 2000... am I imagining that? Anyone else recall?

I can imagine that to be honest, I'll bet he loves to bang out a bit of Bassey and Nancy Sinatra from the old Connery era

He has used the theme for 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' as intro music for a few tours. Which, considering how much he hates the Queen, is slightly ironic.

That would be cool.

Definitely. Oye Esteban tour I think. Chile 2000 is a super bootleg and has him coming on to Her Majesty's Secret Service by John Barry (as Anonymous pointed out). It makes for a very cool entrance piece.

Surely, to record a James Bond theme he would have lay off the booze and do what most other artists manage to do, that is, write a song and go into a studio and record it.

Surely, to record a James Bond theme he would have lay off the booze and do what most other artists manage to do, that is, write a song and go into a studio and record it.

Oh, you're naughty.

You mean you couldn't hear "People Are the Same Everywhere" opening the next Bond film?

It's a bit of a stodgy old rock song. It would seem a bit out of place kicking off 'The Man with the Golden Thunderpussy', or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom