Morrissey sights in Paris

I am going to Paris soon and I was thinking if there where any Morrissey sights there?

Of course I will visit the Oscar Wilde grave, but beside this...

morrissey in paris OW.jpg

Here are locations for the Smiths' 1984 photo shoot which produced a couple of well known pictures, including the one on some versions of the Hatful of Hollow sleeve. They must be later ones because, as you can see, Mike has a Hatful of Hollow t-shirt on.

Start at Place Casadesus
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2f04d1382498f8a0!8m2!3d48.8885962!4d2.3374055

2d3676bf821bad9f0ff6253d26ea8975.jpg

Then go through the gate on other side and up onto Allée des Brouillards. About halfway along, you'll find the lamppost Morrissey is next to on the HOH sleeve. I believe Morrissey has said this is is favourite photo of the Smiths. Even though everyone except him is in a leather jacket.

smiths5_web.jpg

The continue to Place Dalida. There's some steps coming off the square, where this one was taken.

37daf7c61496eb2bf43fb6941d26552b.jpg

Then go back onto Place Dalida and start walking down the Rue de l'Abreuvoir. Get to the end of the first building and turn back to face Place Dalida. Look for the manhole cover shown in the photo.

de18af1d209f2179a84dc47a8625c5d4.jpg

Last edited:
Someone in another thread claimed that Moz liked french culture yet he has never ever mentioned the country and the culture in interview. He has visited France but apparently he didn't like the place enough to mention it and the song Paris is not about the city but about Hilton.

People are so thick sometimes.

Someone in another thread claimed that Moz liked french culture yet he has never ever mentioned the country and the culture in interview. He has visited France but apparently he didn't like the place enough to mention it and the song Paris is not about the city but about Hilton.

People are so thick sometimes.

Yeah, the Hilton hotel.
Only stone and steel accept my love.

Yeah, the Hilton hotel.
Only stone and steel accept my love.
He is once again poetic and not to the point but is of course singing about Paris Hilton and the end words gives that away if anyone was still in doubt. Moz always has a double meaning in his lyrics and mix and match topics and people and places.

2015-11-02_10-46.png

Cemeteries are probably my favourite places to visit, especially on All Saints' Day. I was always fascinated by the somberness of the occasion when only the smell of candles and chrysanthemums fills the cool November air. The atmosphere is mystical and there is no comparison one can experience by visiting the graves of the loved ones long gone on this special night.

Tags
paris
Back
Top Bottom