Morrissey shops Manchester

ZanderMort

Hi all
Currently in Manchester on an educational work visit. Just wondering if there are any morrissey/smiths orientated shops that sell tshirts or other memorabilia?

Thanks

Salford Lads Club sells some stuff and likely open at weekend but worth checking in advance.

Hi all
Currently in Manchester on an educational work visit. Just wondering if there are any morrissey/smiths orientated shops that sell tshirts or other memorabilia?

Thanks
Affleck's had some of the Smiths related merch that Salford Lads Club usually sells last time I was there. There was a glass showcase next to the office door.

Reel Around The Fountain records at Stretford Mall if you're looking for records.

Last edited:
Reel Around The Fountain records at Stretford Mall if your looking for records.

I never expected you to drop such a grammatical error :lbf:
(You’re)

but, human error aside, I wouldn’t waste ones time catching the bus from town to Stretford Mall. There’s nothing that you can’t get on fleabay/Discogs, and cheaper on the former and the latter.

I never expected you to drop such a grammatical error :lbf:
(You’re)

but, human error aside, I wouldn’t waste ones time catching the bus from town to Stretford Mall. There’s nothing that you can’t get on fleabay/Discogs, and cheaper on the former and the latter.
Hehe, you got me there.

You're right about the online shopping as well but some people still like going to the shops and Nigel is a nice bloke so I thought I'd mention it anyway. :p

As others have said Afflecks is the best place, it's worth a visit just to see the fantastic images on the outside of the building created from tiles.

Attachments

• 9FD45631-D0B5-468D-9FC2-F1C6F789F0FA.jpeg
    9FD45631-D0B5-468D-9FC2-F1C6F789F0FA.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 77103E63-B8D2-496C-A7FC-945A917C79B7.jpeg
    77103E63-B8D2-496C-A7FC-945A917C79B7.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 84362865-0482-4427-A341-A4E1D127B694_4_5005_c.jpeg
    84362865-0482-4427-A341-A4E1D127B694_4_5005_c.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As others have said Afflecks is the best place, it's worth a visit just to see the fantastic images on the outside of the building created from tiles.
And Stretford Mall also has a mural featuring Morrissey now.

20200919_134547_copy_1849x1387.jpg

Janice is right though, if you're not into vinyl shopping, there's no good reason to go there.

(If you ever happen to visit in summer there's a great walking route nearby along Bridgewater Way.)

I live about a mile from Stretty Mall. Reel Around the Fountain is a nice enough look around, and from there you can walk up to Kings Road and see the house he grew up in.

There's the Iron Bridge over the tram line on Kings Road that is covered in Morrissey/Smiths graffiti and it might be worth your time. There's proclamations of love dated over the last few years from people who have visited all over the world.

And if you're dead lucky you might find me out and about. Kings Road to the Quadrant is my jogging route.

Back
Top Bottom