@ Morrissey: Release a new album please

A

Anonymous

I don't care about your world view via your shit website.

I don't care about the crap that your nephew posts on your website.

I don't care about your love for Anne For Britain.

If you have something to say, Morrissey, put it on your f***ing records!

He could put out a little pandemic ep with a couple of songs he already has. Blue dreamers eyes by the time I couldn’t understand etc would be a nice low effort add to Spotify

Bored with the last one already?

no. I was thinking it would be a good way to get people to check out the Spotify page and while there maybe recheck out the new album now that some times gone by. Plus I just want the songs there so I can add them to my morrissey playlists

Bored with the last one already?
For me the fact that there were no singles off Dog has really hampered its profile and perhaps longevity over time. I like 9 songs off the album and 2 less so but I don't find myself playing the album much recently and I maybe wrong here but I don't think it's held in as high regard as when it was first released.

Nah, but Clipping released a new one today ..... maybe u like ?

:cool:

I don't care about your world view via your shit website.

I don't care about the crap that your nephew posts on your website.

I don't care about your love for Anne For Britain.

If you have something to say, Morrissey, put it on your f***ing records!

For me the fact that there were no singles off Dog has really hampered its profile and perhaps longevity over time. I like 9 songs off the album and 2 less so but I don't find myself playing the album much recently and I maybe wrong here but I don't think it's held in as high regard as when it was first released.
No supporting tour

I am afraid I never held it in high regard. I've only listened to it twice and the second time was to make sure that it was as bad as I thought the first time. The songs are fine (on the whole) it's the production and mastering that spoil it for me.

I am afraid I never held it in high regard. I've only listened to it twice and the second time was to make sure that it was as bad as I thought the first time. The songs are fine (on the whole) it's the production and mastering that spoil it for me.

I loved it. The lyrics were especially great throughout the album. I listen to lots of different music modern as well as older and didn’t mind it a bit. Same way I didn’t mind when Atari teenage riot added the polish cause the songs were just so great. I don’t think I’ve seen morrissey put out such a weighty album lyrically in a while. World peace was really good but it was a lot of extroversion while dog feels obviously very personal

Too much electro influence for my liking, missing some classic Moz & Boz collaborations with the trademark sound, the album I feel moved too far away from that and feels almost experimental as a result.

Too much electro influence for my liking, missing some classic Moz & Boz collaborations with the trademark sound, the album I feel moved too far away from that and feels almost experimental as a result.

Jesus Christ doh:

if Morrissey listened
to his fans he’d still be on stage wearing spectacles and waving gladioli above his head and wearing a hearing aid and women’s blouse tops.

he’s got to keep it exciting for himself. if his fans will enjoy it.. i’m sure that concern comes to him second or possibly third, if ever.

Jesus Christ doh:

if Morrissey listened
to his fans he’d still be on stage wearing spectacles and waving gladioli above his head and wearing a hearing aid and women’s blouse tops.

he’s got to keep it exciting for himself. if his fans will enjoy it.. i’m sure that concern comes to him second or possibly third, if ever.

I did say for my liking, I'm no fan of electro so it's a fair assessment, I prefer guitar music and Morrissey has been synonymous with that sound for decades so again a legitimate wish / hope when a new album surfaces. Not longing for any Smiths image return at all and have NEVER mentioned that.
Bit dramatic with the Jesus Christ blast by the way.

Jesus Christ doh:

if Morrissey listened

Well it should concern him because I don't reckon he want's to go through the whole process of writing, recording and releasing and it appeals to nobody...you've absolutely got that wrong because low sales means no contract in the long run.

No supporting tour

That was hardly his fault. I am sure there were plans for more touring, never to materialize. Anyway, I was fortunate enough to see him this year and hear a couple of the new songs live. And that was the last concert of the year for me. So for me, the album brings back memories of happier times and it was a loyal companion to help me through the first lockdown. So I am happy with it. But as others pointed out, the lack of promotion, singles and airplay were a real bummer which are giving the album a lower profile and that is a pity. I wish he had released this album in 2017 instead of LIHS.

That was hardly his fault. I am sure there were plans for more touring, never to materialize. Anyway, I was fortunate enough to see him this year and hear a couple of the new songs live. And that was the last concert of the year for me. So for me, the album brings back memories of happier times and it was a loyal companion to help me through the first lockdown. So I am happy with it. But as others pointed out, the lack of promotion, singles and airplay were a real bummer which are giving the album a lower profile and that is a pity. I wish he had released this album in 2017 instead of LIHS.

agree with that last bit. Lihs is a fine album but I always reach for it for specific songs and not the album as a whole which is unusual for me and a morrissey album. Would have loved to have heard some of the songs from dog on a chain live. Once I saw was one I wanted to hear live

Well it should concern him because I don't reckon he want's to go through the whole process of writing, recording and releasing and it appeals to nobody...you've absolutely got that wrong because low sales means no contract in the long run.

Nah, of course he thinks about sales but he does things on his own terms, he’s going to make the record he wants to make, it was his decision to go in the direction he did with the last album. And he should be proud of it.

Back
Top Bottom