Morrissey on "SesioneS con Alejandro Franco" (Mar. 23, 2018) - reminder / reports

UPDATE June 27, 2019:

Posted by JoeSellMozza (original post):

UPDATE April 27, 2022:

Morrissey live from México (2018)

UPDATE Mar. 24:

Post by Amargo:

Jacky’s Only Happy.../When You Open.../ Spent the day in bed.

No interview.

Morrissey on SesioneS con Alejandro Franco (Mar. 23, 2018) TNT Mexico at 10 pm.
42667_sesiones_ad2.jpg

Last edited:
No real resources other than scanning all media & band posts.
The rumour mill can tend to distort things - Sam saying the live B-Sides were good enough to be an album on their own morphed in to a deluxe album well before Joe was quoted as saying there's more tracks to record. It was Chinese whispered around Facebook & Twitter and by time it finished... Well, we're almost 6 months on and nothing as yet...
I won't predict anything of a tour variety as the band are all over the place.
Moz was seen in LAX - I believe this is at the end of that flight (don't quote me):

View attachment 44180
(happiness not pictured).

So he was last seen in LA (Amoeba records sighting too) - what that means for the future is anyone's guess.
Boz is booked for several Rockabilly gigs in the States and is currently in VB/London.
Matt is performing/recording with of1000faces (although one performance was cancelled)
Mando is currently in LA and about to watch Isle of Dogs with his family.
Jesse is too discreet to say anything since some political tweets a week ago.
Gustavo - same as Jesse.
Sam continues to tease with live footage of Birmingham (which will probably be the next significant thing to surface online) and selling t-shirts - although he may still be stuck in the bath:

View attachment 44181

I think there will be a bit of radio silence for a while myself. Unfortunately no make up tour for those who sadly lost out IMHO.
Although, I'd happily be wrong :)

View attachment 44182

Regards,
FWD.

Fair points, though there are the new songs we know about: Diana Dors, I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed, This Song Doesn't End When It's Over, etc.

Last edited:
No real resources other than scanning all media & band posts.
The rumour mill can tend to distort things - Sam saying the live B-Sides were good enough to be an album on their own morphed in to a deluxe album well before Joe was quoted as saying there's more tracks to record. It was Chinese whispered around Facebook & Twitter and by time it finished... Well, we're almost 6 months on and nothing as yet...
I won't predict anything of a tour variety as the band are all over the place.
Moz was seen in LAX - I believe this is at the end of that flight (don't quote me):

View attachment 44180
(happiness not pictured).

So he was last seen in LA (Amoeba records sighting too) - what that means for the future is anyone's guess.
Boz is booked for several Rockabilly gigs in the States and is currently in VB/London.
Matt is performing/recording with of1000faces (although one performance was cancelled)
Mando is currently in LA and about to watch Isle of Dogs with his family.
Jesse is too discreet to say anything since some political tweets a week ago.
Gustavo - same as Jesse.

Sam continues to tease with live footage of Birmingham (which will probably be the next significant thing to surface online) and selling t-shirts - although he may still be stuck in the bath:

View attachment 44181

I think there will be a bit of radio silence for a while myself. Unfortunately no make up tour for those who sadly lost out IMHO.
Although, I'd happily be wrong :)

View attachment 44182

Regards,
FWD.
I went to the first night with a few friends was gonna speak to Sam but he seemed to spend a lot of time trying to be noticed , not that anyone seemed to know who he was , that was when he wasn't standing by a wall near the pit staring at a Morrissey look alike in a denim jacket .

None of this has ANY relevance, save for confirmation that you’re sharing the fruit of a creepy-ass, stalker-type - with super-low expectations.

Come back when you picture of him taking a dump. I wanna make sure he’s vegan.
Freely available information - there's a clue in the name. Remind everyone of your contribution to this forum?
Now be off. Those spiders aren't going to pull their legs of themselves.
You'd have nothing to be toxic about without information.
FWD.

Freely available information - there's a clue in the name. Remind everyone of your contribution to this forum?
Now be off. Those spiders aren't going to pull their legs of themselves.
You'd have nothing to be toxic about without information.
FWD.

what did he buy?

(same sync issues, but listenable).
Edit:
The uploader is messing about with their files - the full session video works fine.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Thanks alot, been waiting, knew you come through
Thank you everyone for your kind words - they outweigh the garbage always.
Back to the topic at hand:
The audio MP3s of this session are available in the downloads forum now.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Fair points, though there are the new songs we know about: Diana Dors, I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed, This Song Doesn't End When It's Over, etc.
I hear what you are saying.
My sticking point around this is the same point I made at the time:
There's no real evidence that the site in question is the route new songs take before appearing/being published.
This was well evidenced by none of the LIHS tracks appearing on it prior to release (and believe me, I tried to get a track list continually before it was known - that site included).
If someone can convince me that random titles registered on this site indicate that they are close to being published - I'd be very grateful.
'Me Satisfied' reports to be a Moz/Street song - when's that coming out do people think!?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
The whole thing still out of sync:

FWD.

Nevermind. FWD anticipated the need and already took care of it. It has been said many times before but FWD is a treasure to the Moz fan community. Thanks for all that you have done for us!

My my we have a bitter twat in our mists , you must be one of the neurotic fans.

Not at all bitter and will hapilly criticise when he spouts shit I don't agree with or delivers songs that I don't personally like. Just don't see the point in patrolling the boards posting the same boring old shit all over as you seem to like doing. What did you expect him to play when he's promoting a new album?

I think we all view the world in some pretty crappy ways, and some of us even create art to cope. But this art serves no purpose to me in its present form. It doesn't say much, it proposes no solutions, and it doesn't even provide a good escape or the cathartic anger of punk. It just is. Make me laugh, make me cry, make me feel anything, just don't make me feel bored. That's when I tune out. And it makes me feel really bored. Shouting "Honor mad cannon fodder" carries so much less weight than he thinks. When artists overdose on self importance, it's just dull. Bono, anyone?

agreed. bono is likely more interesting though, and is possibly making more interesting music, although i haven't heard the latest album, but can't believe edge would be writing music this boring. morrissey has been on a musical/lyrical decline for decades with flashes here and there of brilliance (it's not your birthday anymore... nice bitter lyric) but this is the first album since kill uncle that has nothing of interest, little to say, little to listen to. a new low in high school. i am probably one of few who find morrissey's interviews/rants to have more artistic appeal than his songs nowadays. he should stand on a soapbox in Trafalgar square. would probably get lots of votes. he would have mine. i just wouldn't buy this trash of an album. as you say... serves no purpose.

How the heck are ya gonna broadcast a performance of Jacky's Only Happy... and cut the Turkey Shuffle drum intro?
The whole decision making process is out of sync!
The production values got all flopped up or somethin'.
Might as well blame it on Alejandro Franco. He's the one who slapped his name on this mess.

agreed. bono is likely more interesting though, and is possibly making more interesting music, although i haven't heard the latest album, but can't believe edge would be writing music this boring. morrissey has been on a musical/lyrical decline for decades with flashes here and there of brilliance (it's not your birthday anymore... nice bitter lyric) but this is the first album since kill uncle that has nothing of interest, little to say, little to listen to. a new low in high school. i am probably one of few who find morrissey's interviews/rants to have more artistic appeal than his songs nowadays. he should stand on a soapbox in Trafalgar square. would probably get lots of votes. he would have mine. i just wouldn't buy this trash of an album. as you say... serves no purpose.

I wouldn’t exactly call it trash, with the exception of the cover. I simply don’t listen to it anymore. I flirted with five or six songs for a month but it’s entirely fallen off my playlists. I’ve listened to My Coo-Ca-Choo more than My Love I’d Do Anything For You in recent weeks.

I imagine it must be pretty soul destroying to work on an album, get a deal, all the promotion required, then the touring, only to find it doesn’t get airplay and rapidly falls down the charts and into oblivion, but that protracted video moan was very unbecoming, and for some reason reminded me of this:

For a while now I’ve found the people who visit this site far more interesting than the man it is about. Is that how all artistic careers start to wind down? Does anyone get the impression he enjoys it any more? There have been flashes of the old Morrissey on stage recently by some accounts, but he must have made his pile of money by now. Why would he put himself through it all again?

I’d quite like him to cut back on the hyperbole and dedicate himself to animal welfare for a while. He could do a great deal of good for both his chosen interests and his reputation.

Take a notebook and a pen with him and see what happens. If it fills up nicely come back, and if it doesn’t don’t.

I wouldn’t exactly call it trash, with the exception of the cover. I simply don’t listen to it anymore. I flirted with five or six songs for a month but it’s entirely fallen off my playlists. I’ve listened to My Coo-Ca-Choo more than My Love I’d Do Anything For You in recent weeks.

I imagine it must be pretty soul destroying to work on an album, get a deal, all the promotion required, then the touring, only to find it doesn’t get airplay and rapidly falls down the charts and into oblivion, but that protracted video moan was very unbecoming, and for some reason reminded me of this:

For a while now I’ve found the people who visit this site far more interesting than the man it is about. Is that how all artistic careers start to wind down? Does anyone get the impression he enjoys it any more? There have been flashes of the old Morrissey on stage recently by some accounts, but he must have made his pile of money by now. Why would he put himself through it all again?

I’d quite like him to cut back on the hyperbole and dedicate himself to animal welfare for a while. He could do a great deal of good for both his chosen interests and his reputation.

Take a notebook and a pen with him and see what happens. If it fills up nicely come back, and if it doesn’t don’t.

Some good points Johnny.

I think the reason he continues is that without his music career, what else is there? Living a nomadic life in hotels and having to move on in every so often to minimise his tax payments.

He said in an interview after the release of World Peace words to the effect that offstage, no man, woman or white rhino found
him attractive.

He'll soon be sixty and apart from Jake, does not seem to ever had any significant other. I don't know what his exact relationship with Damon is, but it can't be too fulfilling to be involved with someone you pay to carry your luggage/umbrella and when in public, always walk three steps behind you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom