Morrissey on "SesioneS con Alejandro Franco" (Mar. 23, 2018) - reminder / reports

UPDATE June 27, 2019:

Posted by JoeSellMozza (original post):

UPDATE April 27, 2022:

Morrissey live from México (2018)

UPDATE Mar. 24:

Post by Amargo:

Jacky’s Only Happy.../When You Open.../ Spent the day in bed.

No interview.

Morrissey on SesioneS con Alejandro Franco (Mar. 23, 2018) TNT Mexico at 10 pm.
42667_sesiones_ad2.jpg

Last edited:
Humorous lyric change in StDiB

I spent the day in bed
It's a consolation
When all my dreams
Are virtually legal...

I change quite a few lyrics when I’m singing along.

Recent examples:

“Another film on replay. This time, ‘Hell’,
with Guillaume Canet....woe is English me.”

“I spent the day in bed. It’s a consolation when all of my dreams are nowhere near legal.”

“Tombs are full of fools who gave their lives upon command of romance gone wrong. The same voodoo that’s never coming true.”

Personally I disagree
That's cool, taste is subjective. I just know that if I had a friend that had never heard Morrissey or the Smiths, I'd be embarrassed to play them I bury the Living as an example of why I personally like the guy. It's a lot of tuneless shouting over so-so music. Where is the beauty? Where is the clever wordplay? Sure, you get a warbly little vocal coda at the end that is pretty, but it's acidic, clumsy, and mean spirited. There is no grand moment to sweep you away contained within the 793 minutes of the song.

Dear oh dear. Looks like someone backstage never checked the supply of Farah Fawcett...Very serious professional negligence there . Some people have been fired for much less. I thought he was supposed to protect from fans?

Well if you decide to keep him for very personal reasons, I'd advise to at least hire real hair and security pros...If you plan to go on. After this, it seems difficult. Hair, mouth, nothing was in sync. This is no less than the cold-blooded murder of show-business live on Mexican tv and the murderer is the hairdresser with the hair dryer in the Geneva lake. Sure hope it's plugged in.

I mean, it's not as if he had a lot of hair to look after anymore, is it. But no.

ONE fake job. He had ONE fake job.

Signed, in sadness and horrified disgust,
S.Thorson

PS: ONE !

Dear oh dear. Looks like someone backstage never checked the supply of Farah Fawcett...Very serious professional negligence there . Some people have been fired for much less. I thought he was supposed to protect from fans?

Well if you decide to keep him for very personal reasons, I'd advise to at least hire real hair and security pros...If you plan to go on. After this, it seems difficult. Hair, mouth, nothing was in sync. This is no less than the cold-blooded murder of show-business live on Mexican tv and the murderer is the hairdresser with the hair dryer in the Geneva lake. Sure hope it's plugged in.

I mean, it's not as if he had a lot of hair to look after anymore, is it. But no.

ONE fake job. He had ONE fake job.

Signed, in sadness and horrified disgust,
S.Thorson

PS: ONE !

What?

¡Qué chingados! Exactly. No te preocupes, the person in question knows what he's done. He's undergoing plastic surgery as we speak to make amends. I think the guillotine is the only solution here but people are so incredibly merciful these days.

In the future, Mexicans might remember this day like el dos de Octubre of pop.

Let's be brave.

Love,
Scotty.

That's cool, taste is subjective. I just know that if I had a friend that had never heard Morrissey or the Smiths, I'd be embarrassed to play them I bury the Living as an example of why I personally like the guy. It's a lot of tuneless shouting over so-so music. Where is the beauty? Where is the clever wordplay? Sure, you get a warbly little vocal coda at the end that is pretty, but it's acidic, clumsy, and mean spirited. There is no grand moment to sweep you away contained within the 793 minutes of the song.
G, this sums up how I feel pretty accurately. I actually think it's a strong contender for Worst Morrissey Song Ever. I mean, I know he's done weak, cringey songs before (Tony the Pony, I'm looking at you), and just downright embarrassing (Sorrow Will Come, anyone?), but I do feel this scales new heights of awfulness. What depresses me most is that this (along with the Shitty Awful Police Song) seems to mirror the style of his mad rantings in recent years, and I fear there's more of the same to come.

G, this sums up how I feel pretty accurately. I actually think it's a strong contender for Worst Morrissey Song Ever. I mean, I know he's done weak, cringey songs before (Tony the Pony, I'm looking at you), and just downright embarrassing (Sorrow Will Come, anyone?), but I do feel this scales new heights of awfulness. What depresses me most is that this (along with the Shitty Awful Police Song) seems to mirror the style of his mad rantings in recent years, and I fear there's more of the same to come.
I think we all view the world in some pretty crappy ways, and some of us even create art to cope. But this art serves no purpose to me in its present form. It doesn't say much, it proposes no solutions, and it doesn't even provide a good escape or the cathartic anger of punk. It just is. Make me laugh, make me cry, make me feel anything, just don't make me feel bored. That's when I tune out. And it makes me feel really bored. Shouting "Honor mad cannon fodder" carries so much less weight than he thinks. When artists overdose on self importance, it's just dull. Bono, anyone?

Thank God for different taste, bc again I think the song is great ,musicaly,lyrically and well thought out and very true statement....these young military kids go there bc they can't make it through collage,or financial reason, not bc they want to fight for there country, not the kids now days, and then kill others bc told to(there job), then after death who remembers them....only there familys...its sad and it's real .....moz wrote a song about it.... alot more meaning than work is a 4 letter word....although I do like all songs mentioned. ..remember this is my take

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all view the world in some pretty crappy ways, and some of us even create art to cope. But this art serves no purpose to me in its present form. It doesn't say much, it proposes no solutions, and it doesn't even provide a good escape or the cathartic anger of punk. It just is. Make me laugh, make me cry, make me feel anything, just don't make me feel bored. That's when I tune out. And it makes me feel really bored. Shouting "Honor mad cannon fodder" carries so much less weight than he thinks. When artists overdose on self importance, it's just dull. Bono, anyone?
Quite. The trouble is he's on a mission now, and I foresee lots more like this. He's determined to educate us. It doesn't seem like he has anyone around him to say, 'Actually, that's like something my 15 year old would say' - he's convinced he's Christopher Hitchens with guitars. I feel he's really, badly lost his way and I so wish he'd go back to singing about the human condition where he could (probably, just about) redeem himself before it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom