Morrissey on BBC 6 Music Live 2017 (Oct. 2, 2017, Maida Vale, London) - reminder / reports

Setlist:

You Have Killed Me / I Wish You Lonely / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / Istanbul / Ganglord / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / My Love, I'd Do Anything for You (not played) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (not played)

Setlist provided by @NeilW70 / Twitter.

• BBC 6 Music Live video highlights (10 songs, UK only) - BBC iPlayer. Link posted by Jim_Royle.
  • Photos posted at BBC Radio 6 Music / Facebook (4 total)

40878_maida_vale_bbc6music.jpg

• From @NeilW70 / Twitter. Link posted by BrummieBoy.

Full #morrissey setlist at #maidavale. Looks like three more songs after went off air. Photo credit to @Dr_Paul_Thomas

40877_maida_vale_setlist.jpg
  • Link posted by an anonymous person:

Just a reminder poached from the BBC site for people wanting to watch/hear the show:

How to catch Moz tomorrow:

1) On the BBC website

Visit the BBC Radio 6 Music homepage at bbc.co.uk/6music to keep up-to-date with all the latest highlights from this year's 6 Music Live.

You'll be able to watch the live performances, plus an interview with Lauren, by visiting us from 11:30am each day.

Then, from 7pm each evening, you'll be able to watch each set on-demand, available for the following 30 days.

There'll also be a selection of video highlights and photos from all the acts available via the website.

2) On the BBC Red Button
Press Red from any BBC TV channel from midday each day to watch Morrissey, Mogwai, alt-J, Loyle Carner and Morrissey's sets live.

The performances will then be looped on Red Button, before a highlights programme goes live at 7pm.

There'll also be a special programme featuring the best bits from all the acts, available via the Red Button from Saturday 7 to Friday 13 October.

FULL RED BUTTON SCHEDULE (subject to change)

Monday 2 October: 12:00 - 16:15 / 19:00 - ongoing
Tuesday 3 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 4 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 15:45 / 19:00 - ongoing
Thursday 5 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Friday 6 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Saturday 7 October: ongoing - 17:50 / 22:00 - ongoing
Sunday 8 October: ongoing - 12:20 / 16:30 - 17:50 / 23:40 - ongoing
Monday 9 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 21:05 - ongoing
Tuesday 10 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 17:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 11 October: ongoing - 18:00 / 23:00 - ongoing
Thursday 12 October: ongoing - ongoing
Friday 13 October: ongoing - 22:00

3) On the Radio
Lauren Laverne will be taking her 6 Music show to Maida Vale, 10:00-13:00, each morning, featuring special editions of Memory Tapes, interviews with all the artists, and more build-up, before the live performance from 12:00.
Listen live, or on-demand for 30 days after broadcast, by following the links below:
4) On Facebook

Keep an eye on our 6 Music Facebook page every day from 10:30am to see Lauren in conversation with some of our acts and guests. They'll also pick the tracks to go on their Memory Tapes.

5) On Instagram

We'll be backstage on Instagram Stories, showcasing all the best photos from each performance.

6) On Twitter

Follow the conversation and share reactions on Twitter, and see some of the best moments from each session

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
He even mentioned "black" music and it's influence on him long before that.

Maybe, but I don't recall it. I remember him complaining about how only black artists were allowed on Top of the Pops (in spite of the fact that they put him on pretty much every time he had a single in the charts).

anything? well, first things first... get him a new coat. ;)

great photo btw.

Well, seeking to demonise people based on their cultural background can count as racist, so yes it looks like you may be being a bit racist there.

Glad to oblige.
Seeking to demonise people who worship a murderous, rapist warlord? Too much irony for me to deal with there.

What has cultural background have to do with joining a religion? Everyone is welcome to become muslim regardless of the colour of their skin. Well done finding racism there though. It didn't take you long.

Seeking to demonise people who worship a murderous, rapist warlord? Too much irony for me to deal with there.

What has cultural background have to do with joining a religion? Everyone is welcome to become muslim regardless of the colour of their skin. Well done finding racism there though. It didn't take you long.

Well, you didn't hide it very well. With Morrissey, it would have taken longer.

anything? well, first things first... get him a new coat. ;)

great photo btw.

That colour tends to be unkind to everyone and I remember mother saying that nothing makes you look as old as a grey coat. I only hope the picture doesn't give it justice.

Still it works well with his new fascist views I suppose, concentration camp look 2017.

Yes, you are making my point for me. Both of these songs "could be" as subtle and innocuous as you claim, but Morrissey's pro-UKIP, pro-Le Pen and generally anti-immigrant rants put those readings in doubt.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” ~Maya Angelou
He's bringing out the quotes from people who said something at one time or another. Time to bow.

Maybe, but I don't recall it. I remember him complaining about how only black artists were allowed on Top of the Pops (in spite of the fact that they put him on pretty much every time he had a single in the charts).

They really didn't and I watched at the time. Boy With The Thorn was on and then they weren't on in the studio until Shoplifters. The thing that brought Morrissey and Marr together was their love of the Spector girl bands of the 60s. Moz complained about bad disco music in the 80s, yes, but who wouldn't? Remember one of his favourite formative songs Young, Gifted and Black was the musical inspiration for Girlfriend in a Coma.

M's a complicated soul. Guess... you don't really get him though.

Not if you divide people into good and bad and want to be always on the good site. And blaming the others.
Moz is bad, Muslim is good. :rolleyes:

Yes, you are making my point for me. Both of these songs "could be" as subtle and innocuous as you claim, but Morrissey's pro-UKIP, pro-Le Pen and generally anti-immigrant rants put those readings in doubt.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” ~Maya Angelou

'pro-UKIP, pro-Le Pen' ?

how's that? did I miss a statement of him proclaiming that he was 'pro-UKIP, pro-Le Pen'?

'pro-UKIP, pro-Le Pen' ?

how's that? did I miss a statement of him proclaiming that he was 'pro-UKIP, pro-Le Pen'?

More so, he didn't say anything strange about the Ukip election.
He suggested it was rigged. Not that far fetched. To keep the unwanted candidate (by the party nomenclature) out.
He has not said anything in favour of the so-called anti-Islamic candidate. He just pointed out the miserable tactics of that party just as with Labour or Tories. They are all the same.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom