Morrissey is being made into a Funko Pop

Additonal info posted by Famous when dead:

Further articles regarding said Funko:

Morrissey is being made into a Funko Pop
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/morrissey-is-being-made-into-a-funko-pop/

Morrissey Is Finally Getting His Own Funko Pop
http://exclaim.ca/music/article/morrissey_is_finally_getting_his_own_funko_pop

Preorder:
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/...440&source=pjn&subid=43737&clickId=2584538490

Due to ship July.

45799_morrisseyfunkopop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
100% with you on this. Even if it looked exactly like Moz from a brief period in the 80's (e.g. a couple of Top Of The Pops appearances) that was a blink in the overall Moz timeline and does not represent him. I would think that only casual fans would mentally think of a gladioli flinging waif in a big blouse when they visualise Moz. Personally I'd have no interest in something based on a dated and transient image.
I think I must just be really old, Acton. I don't get this at all. :confused:

Interesting. When you mention fake coloured vinyl do you mean you think coloured vinyl doesn't sound as good as black vinyl? I've heard that before but there doesn't seem to be a general consensus on it. Or did you mean something else? Thanks.
I've read many articles about coloured verses black (180) vinyl. I've not seen anything definitive either, but have found some colourful records to be lacking in quality (according to my ears) and it can possibly be down to cheap production when bootlegging perhaps.
Re: collecting. I was just equating items like the Funko to the unofficial vinyl people collect - if it's cheap, I might get it and if it wasn't - it wouldn't bother me.
Regards,
FWD.

I think I must just be really old, Acton. I don't get this at all. :confused:
Get the idea for the Moz doll or get my post? What I meant was I think that representation of Moz is dated and was short lived. When I think of Moz I think of him in a blazer, looking muscular and whipping the microphone. So I'd have no interest in a doll that doesn't show Moz as the handsome devil he developed into.
But it's just a doll so I can understand how some people would want to get it. In fairness the head looks ok, I'm just not keen on the rest of the body.

Last edited:
Get the idea for the Moz doll or get my post? What I meant was I think that representation of Moz is dated and was short lived. When I think of Moz I think of him in a blazer, looking muscular and whipping the microphone. So I'd have no interest in a doll that doesn't show Moz as the handsome devil he developed into.
No, nothing wrong with your post, it's just the whole doll thing. I don't understand why people would want a piece of plastic tat that bears no relation to him. It just seems so cheesy and cheap. And yet people apparently pay large sums for them. Is it me??

No, nothing wrong with your post, it's just the whole doll thing. I don't understand why people would want a piece of plastic tat that bears no relation to him. It just seems so cheesy and cheap. And yet people apparently pay large sums for them. Is it me??
I dunno. I'm not the best person to ask cos I have bought things like Planet Of The Apes figures which look amazing and accurately depict the character (errr I mean ape) but they are basically fancy bits of plastic that serve no purpose. Same for a couple of small Batmobiles. Pure trash but still nice to look at. But like FWD I would never spend crazy money on any of it and it is rare that I would buy that kind of thing. Unfortunately I'm currently addicted to vinyl but at least you can listen to it.

It’s just whimsy silly fun to most and the fun of collecting anything for others. I don’t think anyone’s looking for a portrait

they use the same head mould for most of the funko pops,dont know what they were thinking with the hair and why doesn't he have a mouth,bit weird.

Funny, the "flowers" being carried resemble a hot-house cucumber that has some cancerous growths at one end, or maybe a green churro...?

MrShoes

I assume that the doll is meant to look like a Funko first and like Morrissey in the second place. I didn't know these dolls, but I have searched for other rock stars and this is Elvis:

mg1i0-TOVUMS9-IT-r-Xkg-DUA.jpg

I am not sure if I would guess that it is Elvis if I am not told that it is him. Probably they are designed for people who collects Funko dolls rather than for hardcore Morrissey enthusiasts.

I really doubt that it will become a valuable item among Morrissey fans once it's no longer available... But maybe it will among Funko collectors who want the complete collection.

Pre-ordered. I've never bought a Funko before but I've been tempted. The closest I got to buying one was when I saw a Scott Pilgrim one and then a Son of Zorn one, but each time I thought I don't love this movie/show/whatever enough to have this knick·knack, but Morrissey is different... especially what appears to be Smiths-era Morrissey.

this is my fav funko pop...

weird-bobross.jpg

morrissey will be the new fav!

used to love watching bob ross programmes on my day off in the nineties,the bastard made itlook so easy.this is actually one I would buy.

Pre-ordered. I've never bought a Funko before but I've been tempted. The closest I got to buying one was when I saw a Scott Pilgrim one and then a Son of Zorn one, but each time I thought I don't love this movie/show/whatever enough to have this knick·knack, but Morrissey is different... especially what appears to be Smiths-era Morrissey.
love scott pilgrim,you should have snapped it up when you had the chance.i do that as well when im ready to buy something, you almost talk yourself out of it.

It’s just whimsy silly fun to most and the fun of collecting anything for others. I don’t think anyone’s looking for a portrait
I mean, of course it doesn't look exactly like Morrissey. It's a Funko Pop rendition.

It's like complaining that Cabbage Patch kids don't look like real babies.

You seem like a lot of fun.

I bet you're a picky eater, and hate the beach.

I have the Ramones funkos and boy were they a good investment. The Joey one was recent and is pretty common, but the Johnny and DeeDee were released years ago and are worth big money ($300+) each. With Moz I could see them doing the standard figure as pictured and then doing a limited edition one with alternate clothes. They do that from time to time. For example here was a LOTR Gollum that was normal, and then they did a super limited "transparent" model (for when he had the ring on). I could really see them doing this with Moz.

How? It's not available for pre-order yet.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom