Morrissey is asking GM to start using vegan leather interiors on their cars - Detroit Metro Times

Mike sends the link:

Morrissey is asking GM to start using vegan leather interiors on their cars - Detroit Metro Times

Excerpt:

In an open letter on behalf of PETA, Morrissey is asking that GM start making vegan leather options for their Chevy Bolt and Volt.

The letter is directly addressed to GM CEO Mary Barra and points out that GM is named in PETA's brand-new investigation of cattle ranches and all the crazy shit that happens to them. Moz points out that the Bolt and Volt are marketed as eco-friendly, and adding the vegan leather would only broaden their appeal.

...You can read the full letter below.

Mary T Barra
Chair and CEO
General Motors Company

21 November 2016

Dear Ms Barra,

As I head to Detroit to play the Royal Oak Music Theatre, I'm writing to ask GM to make Chevy's Volt and Bolt more eco-friendly by giving buyers the option to choose vegan leather interiors – including steering wheels and gear shifts. GM is named in PETA's brand-new investigation of cattle ranches, on which animals are branded on the face, electro-shocked, and beaten before they're slaughtered and used to make leather interiors for car companies, including yours.

More and more people are opting for vegan leather for the sake of both cows and the environment. A staggering 51 per cent of global greenhouse-gas emissions are caused by animal agriculture. Animal skins also have to be treated with a toxic soup of chemicals in order to keep them from decomposing, and runoff from leather tanneries poisons vital waterways.

Given that the Volt and Bolt are being marketed to eco-conscious buyers, entirely vegan options would only broaden their appeal. I look forward to your reply.
Yours sincerely,

Morrissey

http://gizmodo.com/morrissey-to-gm-ceo-vegan-cars-1789287993
http://www.businessinsider.de/tesla-vegan-car-options-expanded-2016-1?r=US&IR=T
it's a different tone in this letter, yes, but just like the biting ones, it will increase sensitivity and eco-consciousness among its readers and put some pressure on those unscrupulous managerial types that only follow the principle of profit maximization. i don't think that it's only the consumers' duty to change their buying habits. i personally would never buy a gm car, after having seen those images of tortured animals on the peta site. tesla seems to be an alternative though.
thanks to morrissey for speaking up for those without a voice

sorry if this has been posted before. i can't see all the messages, i think by now a third is on ignore.

Thank you lanterns, I posted my comment in Gizmodo. Don't know if it will pass the approval.

Yawn. You're finished Benny. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, cares any more. Even the Solo mods are blanking you out. You were good in your time...but now you are just dull, tiresome and very, very witless. See ya...

Bye ! :hand: Missing you already :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

That would be too much courtesy.
People tend to be only courteous when they have something to lose.
Animals are no threat.

Consumption of animals/meat industry is playing a large part in destroying our planet. I think they have something to lose, but as usual we will only realize this irreversible horror when it's too late.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom