Morrissey invited to appear in The Archers - TTY

Re: Morrissey to appear on The Archers?

Invited to. It's largely about agricultural life, where meat is...business. You decide!

The Archers - true-to-you.net
14 May 2014

Morrissey has been invited to appear in The Archers, which is the world's longest-running radio soap opera. The Archers has on average 5 million listeners per week, and first began in 1950. With six episodes per week, The Archers is the most popular show on Radio 4, and is considered to be a British institution.
Morrissey is said to be "fascinated" by the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey to appear on The Archers?

cool!

do a show in london while your at it :D

One of the story lines currently is that Elizabeth Archer and Roy Tucker are planning a festival at 'Locksfest' which would be a new event at her stately home. Maybe they want to get Morrissey as a headline act? I can only hope. His show could fill the whole 75 minutes of the Sunday omnibus edition, he, he. They also seemed to have signalled that the guy responsible for bringing acts in for the festival is unreliable. Can't remember his name though. I'm going to cross my fingers.

katniss_arrow.gif

Never mind the Archers, question time the BBC politics debate show is the platform for Ste-Mo and if he ever accepts I shall eat my dick on the town hall steps of Manchester.

Benny-the-British-Butcher stp

This would have been a story if he had accepted otherwise it's a non story.

Doesn't being "fascinated" by the offer suggest that Morrissey is going to mull it over and come back to them? There's nothing there in that statement to say he has flat out refused to participate.

Doesn't being "fascinated" by the offer suggest that Morrissey is going to mull it over and come back to them? There's nothing there in that statement to say he has flat out refused to participate.
Yes, if he had said delighted that would suggest he was more interested in doing it. Remember he doesnt really do these things, he's been asked by all the soaps he liked, the only thing accepted was brookside.
David walliams was saying he agreed to do a bit in his show then ended up pulling out, maybe because its only on a radio show and not be seen on tv acting he might consider.

Last edited:
Songs for the show:

Foot & Mouth Strikes Again
This Farming Man
A Sheep
Sheila Take A Cow

(courtesy of my daughter)

P.

It'd be so flipping marvellous!
He'd see straight through Rob (who we just know has to be dodgy).

Breaking news: Man mulls decision over.

I'm sure he gets loads of offers but on the plus side it is generating publicity as is his twittering.

Tonight's Have I got news for you? (BBC 1's long running satirical news quiz show)had this story.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom