Morrissey interview by Nina Antonia on Glam Rock and the New York Dolls - Louder Than War

Oh do shut the f*** up. News comes along and it is published, good or bad or in between.

P.

Typically inarticulate response from Skinny (especially since the stories used to displace positive comment are very rarely "news").

I agree with the OP. The webmaster and mods do have a negative agenda and everyone here can see that, no matter how many times Skinny says "f*** off".

Typically inarticulate response from Skinny (especially since the stories used to displace positive comment are very rarely "news").

I agree with the OP. The webmaster and mods do have a negative agenda and everyone here can see that, no matter how many times Skinny says "f*** off".

And a typically jack-in-the-box response from our stuck-record Cambridgeshire friend. You just can't stay away, can you?

P.

Do you know there is a tab "tour" on top left on your monitor?

Also there is a sticky thread 2015 live dates in Tour forum.

Jesus, I look forward to your next post about how to switch my computer on. Meanwhile, the gist behind my original post flies right over your head...

Jesus, I look forward to your next post about how to switch my computer on. Meanwhile, the gist behind my original post flies right over your head...

a better argument for your side would be the replacing of good news on the front page by older negative news which would refute the idea that new "news" just replaces the old willy nilly like as it comes. like i really needed to see the adam says morrisseys difficult to work with back on the front page. i do think the runners of this site have a negative agenda but in the end i dont care that much as i never go to the main page.

Isn't it funny that whenever there is any negative news about Morrissey on the main page it is left up there for a while but the recent news of a UK tour for example will have vanished in a couple of days due to ridiculous non-news pushing it down the page. Just a thought...
Could you please explain why this Louder Than War interview qualifies as "ridiculous non-news"? It may not be as significant as a tour announcement, but as it is a new interview with Morrissey, it is therefore an item of interest on this website and is a reasonable choice for promotion to the main page. I don't see what's so ridiculous about it.

As for a major tour announcement getting buried by new articles, perhaps David could pin the tour news to the top of the main page if he has the capability to do so.

Old, rehashed. Not done for LTW. Get a grip.

I think you'll find that you are incorrect.

Last edited:
never cared for them. to much thrashy metal pomp and the lyrics are ridiculous at times only kinda bad at others. wont even go into the vocals. i do like slash and his appreciation for brittish rock guitarists. i think that was due to his father telling him that rock and roll only got interesting when the british got involved.

the glitter rock divide. this is just from wiki and is the first piece i clicked on and it mentions the differences of the label.

"From late 1971, already a minor star, David Bowie developed his Ziggy Stardust persona, incorporating elements of professional make up, mime and performance into his act.[10] Bowie in a 1972 interview while noting that other artists described as glam rock were doing different work said "I think glam rock is a lovely way to categorize me and it's even nicer to be one of the leaders of it".[11] These performers were soon followed in the style by acts including Roxy Music, Sweet, Slade, Mott the Hoople, Mud and Alvin Stardust.[10] While highly successful in the single charts in the UK, very few of these musicians were able to make a serious impact in the United States; Bowie was the major exception becoming an international superstar and prompting the adoption of glam styles among acts like Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, New York Dolls and Jobriath, often known as "glitter rock" and with a darker lyrical content than their British counterparts.[12]"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom