Morrissey 'Honoured Beyond Words' By Peta Award - Contactmusic

Morrissey 'Honoured Beyond Words' By Peta Award - ContactMusic

Excerpt:

...In a letter to Peta founder Ingrid Newkirk, Morrissey writes, "I am honoured beyond words to be named as Peta's Person of the Year! Higher praise is hard to come by! I make no sensational claims for myself... I simply say 'No' to any form of animal suffering, and to the execution of innocent beings. Peta remains indefatigable and visionary, and together we have the executioners on the run."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
"I simply say 'No' to any form of animal suffering"

Not strictly true. It's been said on this site before, but Morrissey is not vegan and the dairy industry is also built on suffering, exploitation and death. Not knocking Morrissey and his incredible work for vegetarianism and animal rights but that particular statement is not as watertight as he would like to believe. Saying yes to dairy is saying yes to at least one form of animal suffering.

Hey Moz, did you know dairy farming is SUFFERING as well?

Bravo! Vegan Moz fanz against exploiterz & murdererz. Thank you!

Naturally the people who lurk on this vulgar website are going to say unnecessarly cruel things. How boring. Normally, I don't even bother to make comments on this so-called "fan site" but it gets quite depressing when not a soul says anything positive or relevant. Anyway, this reward is very much deserved and it is not surprising that he won it. I can hardly imagine any other person more worthy.

Naturally the people who lurk on this vulgar website are going to say unnecessarly cruel things. How boring. Normally, I don't even bother to make comments on this so-called "fan site" but it gets quite depressing when not a soul says anything positive or relevant. Anyway, this reward is very much deserved and it is not surprising that he won it. I can hardly imagine any other person more worthy.

Perhaps you missed some of the positive comments in the original 'related link' article about the award.

If this is Morrissey (or if not), I (we) want you to know, that regardless of the negativity on this website, we do still truly love you and admire you for your efforts against animal cruelty. You are truly an inspiration to all and will always be so. Thank you. Congratulations on the award! Sorry for being to gushy, but it's true and I (we) mean it.

"I simply say 'No' to any form of animal suffering"

Not strictly true. It's been said on this site before, but Morrissey is not vegan and the dairy industry is also built on suffering, exploitation and death. Not knocking Morrissey and his incredible work for vegetarianism and animal rights but that particular statement is not as watertight as he would like to believe. Saying yes to dairy is saying yes to at least one form of animal suffering.

So Mr Bigshot (or Ms, Miss, Mrs) please tell us about your perdect life.
Do you drive or travel in any vehicle? fly in aircrats? take a ferry? smoke?

all have a detrimental effect on animals one way or another. Please tell me you walk / bike it to work. Come oh perfect one.

Sorry, because I don't speak english very well. I just want to say:

Please... PLEASEEE Morrissey, Go VEGAN! even Johnny Marr did it. Dairy, eggs, honey and all that industries are the same as the meat and fur industries. Meat Is Murder is my real inspiration and I thank you for that, it really change my life, but that was the 80's and the 90's, all vegetarianism was great but in this days now we know much more about the dairy and egg industries, so please, give a try, its more healthy (obviously not only for you).

I'm from México and we really love you, so we ask you to go veg, remember that exist all the products in the vegan version and its the same taste as cheese, etc... We live in México so its very hard to find vegan products like in the U.S. or the U.K. but you don't have that problem.

We really love you Morrissey, and animals non-humans as well.

Hey Moz, did you know dairy farming is SUFFERING as well?

To all those vegans that say the "dairy business" is cruel. You are right on one count mainstream dairies are cruel, BUT the Organic Farms do treat there cows with respect. And instead of complaining on a website about it take some action and do something about it!!!!!

Would vegans say that Organic eggs and Organic Dairy are acceptable or not. Animals are given the chance to live and have good quality lives

To all those vegans that say the "dairy business" is cruel. You are right on one count mainstream dairies are cruel, BUT the Organic Farms do treat there cows with respect. And instead of complaining on a website about it take some action and do something about it!!!!!

Let's pull on your tits unsolicited and see how you feel about it.
Moz is wearing the horse blinders, and that's how he likes it.
Peta is responsible for countless animal deaths, and Morrissey is an accesory to those crimes.

You can't pick and choose in this world.

Milk is mugging! Eggs are extortion! Honey is a heist! Dictionary.com has a thesaurus!

Come on... this is year 2012... I can't believe you are so ignorant... There's no such thing as a organic "HUMANE" farms... that's actually what they want you to believe. Don't be fooled.

im not a vegie but who are we to disagree with the legend that is morrissey,morrissey for prime minister,the uk needs a shake up from the neck up and he would be an ideal candidate.bring back the death penalty,no junkys to get free methadone,disband all lefties.

Things aren't great here, but it's hard to see how a Prime Minister who could hate you for having a song on your iPod he disliked would improve things.

And what happens to the males do you reckon?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom