morrissey frink thread!

Bowie would have been 74 today

Moz&David.gif

í beg nobody's pardon for the insertion of a little Bowie/Canine/Herb Ritts Frink...

David Bowie and dog, Herb Ritts, December 1989.jpg

David Bowie portrait ~  Herb Ritts, 1989.jpg

~ Hollywood, CA. December 1989.

The only serious rival to Morrissey's position as Greatest Male Hairdo in the World in the years 1988~1991 was the Dame.

And here is Bowie striking an Elvis pose, by Herb Ritts again, Los Angeles, CA, 1987 ~

Bowie Elvis Herb Ritts.jpg

🎉

í beg nobody's pardon for the insertion of a little Bowie/Canine/Herb Ritts Frink...

View attachment 67381
View attachment 67382
~ Hollywood, CA. December 1989.

The only serious rival to Morrissey's position as Greatest Male Hairdo in the World in the years 1988~1991 was the Dame.

And here is Bowie striking an Elvis pose, by Herb Ritts again, Los Angeles, CA, 1987 ~

View attachment 67383

🎉

Pardon NOT granted.

That last shot... 💔 🔫

...ray gun to my [heart]...

Last edited:
Great photo, think he was singing Burning Love when this was taken, right? :p
Ugh, I wish! Can you imagine?

Have to admit I'm not very fond of You'll Be Gone...

agree. But we both know why he likes it, and that’s good enough for me.

How if next tour he does a bit of Ganglord that segues into In The Ghetto?

:pray::)
I blame Priscilla.

He did a short a capella bit of Wooden Heart in Cologne last March, except he sang "wooden head" instead. :lbf:

Last edited:
And it's intentional, right? There's no way anyone can forget the lyrics accidentally. :lbf:
Yes, definitely intentional. The way he emphasised the "head" made that very clear.

Some Moz/Bowie cross-over-pollination Frink ~

Moz Red Frank 1991.jpg

"Our Frank " ~ dir. John Maybury / DoP John Mathieson, Jan. 1991

David Bowie 1995 ~ Johnny Buzzerio.jpg

:camera: ~ Johnny Buzzerio, Los Angeles, 1995

Alas, Smith & Jones...

I'd never seen this!

It really would have made perfect sense in a way and he was into the idea for quite a while. I know I keep going on about it but I really believe that his Eurovision obsession (which peaked in 2006/07) has influenced him a lot, especially on World Peace.

It's probably still a good thing he never competed, he would have been disappointed that it's not like this anymore:

It really would have made perfect sense in a way and he was into the idea for quite a while. I know I keep going on about it but I really believe that his Eurovision obsession (which peaked in 2006/07) has influenced him a lot, especially on World Peace.

It's probably still a good thing he never competed, he would have been disappointed that it's not like this anymore:

I'd agree - there's a definite Euro-ballad feel to a lot of the tracks on World Peace.

37 years ago today

GregAllenSmithsLyceumLondonJan121984.jpg

I love that almost-mohawk-cut he had going on in '84.

Prints available via:

#teammohawk :rock:

I predict a mullet-mohawk combo
for the 2021 shows. It’s the only move that would make sense these days.

:pray:
The Mozhawk - the only thing that can save us in 2021. :pray:

Back
Top Bottom