Morrissey attends Joan Collins in conversation - The Lowry, Salford (October 17, 2021)

FB_IMG_1634489138094.jpg
FB_IMG_1634488951871.jpg
FB_IMG_1634489134381.jpg

(Images via Sarah Carson/FB group).

Dame Joan Collins Is Unapologetic:

2pm today.
Regards,
FWD.

246102578_2762062240606233_1975650607709250375_n.jpg

Maybe for someone with absolutely no self-esteem, yeah. Who would honestly be happy to crawl around posing as the 'hired help' for years, because their partner couldn't deal with their own shame / self-loathing / fear / whatever it is? Morrissey's fame and money bought him a whole army of "yes-people" but God, what a cost. He knows it too - "Who wants my money now? / Otherwise the telephone would never ring."

I disagree.

If they are indeed a couple, of course, there's an agreement as to how to behave in public. Therefore, I see no problem in sticking to such an agreement. No harm done to self-esteem.

If Morrissey chooses not to be publicly labelled as gay, his reasons might not be the ones that you mention, but rather different ones. Coming out usually changes a lot of things in an artist's career, and M knows that very well.

Remember what happened to George Michael?

Maybe for someone with absolutely no self-esteem, yeah. Who would honestly be happy to crawl around posing as the 'hired help' for years, because their partner couldn't deal with their own shame / self-loathing / fear / whatever it is? Morrissey's fame and money bought him a whole army of "yes-people" but God, what a cost. He knows it too - "Who wants my money now? / Otherwise the telephone would never ring."
It's only in the public, M is a celebrity and he has the right to keep his private relationships private.
Obviusly , the private circles of friends knows.

I always feel a kind of happiness whenever I see Morrissey going to events he finds interesting, and doing things he feels like doing, just like everybody else.

I disagree.

If they are indeed a couple, of course, there's an agreement as to how to behave in public. Therefore, I see no problem in sticking to such an agreement. No harm done to self-esteem.

If Morrissey chooses not to be publicly labelled as gay, his reasons might not be the ones that you mention, but rather different ones. Coming out usually changes a lot of things in an artist's career, and M knows that very well.

Remember what happened to George Michael?
I don't think it would change anything for Morrissey at this point. He has never been "in", never had a straight image or played up to one, there was never a closet for him to come out of. He has been seen as a gay artist since 1983, more or less, so I don't buy the 'public image' thing.

I think it's something personal, some conflict that compels him to make up words like "humasexual" and write songs about people who "brainwashed the small shy boy inside". Saying "Can't brothers be lovers?" when challenged in public - a comfortable person wouldn't do that.
Even in the 80s, he told Jim Shelley "I never accepted my sexuality". He deserves sympathy for whatever he is struggling with but it just looks, from the outside, like a strange set-up with Damon.

o_O

WTF? a PA FFS its a job
Damon is Moz PA observe him making recording sessions and booking shows on the phone. all superstars have PAs.
:handpointright: :guardsman::handpointleft: is a 60 yr old opening act. I think we can gleam from this that hes is not even a star. thats why he has Jr:baby:act
like as if he had a PA. having the dumb twat call Hale newspapers using a fake voice trying to impress someone
that LeTwat is out jogging or some other sort of umimportant activity.(n)
probably one of the 1 in 4 Le:frogface: cds have been released, and nobody noticed. JR:baby: doing abysmal PA work, maybe Le Twat should fire Jr and hire skinny 'lawyer':lbf:

:hammer:

In public, certainly. It's a bit of an open secret amongst fan circles that Damon is a bit more than just a PA, as were the likes of Jake and Peter Hogg before him, but M is notoriously touchy about being labelled a homosexual. I guess it's a mixture of his Catholic upbringing, and being terrified it will harm his career. It's really not much to ask to keep the servant/master appearance up in public.
Sucks for Damon.

I always just assumed Damon was both. Seems to me that Moz is needy and controlling enough that any lover of his would also have to be his sufficiently supplicant servant.

I don't think it would change anything for Morrissey at this point. He has never been "in", never had a straight image or played up to one, there was never a closet for him to come out of. He has been seen as a gay artist since 1983, more or less, so I don't buy the 'public image' thing.

I think it's something personal, some conflict that compels him to make up words like "humasexual" and write songs about people who "brainwashed the small shy boy inside". Saying "Can't brothers be lovers?" when challenged in public - a comfortable person wouldn't do that.
Even in the 80s, he told Jim Shelley "I never accepted my sexuality". He deserves sympathy for whatever he is struggling with but it just looks, from the outside, like a strange set-up with Damon.

Besides not accepting authority, or anyone sticking a label on him. I think Morrissey found it necessary to create his own label. For him it was probably a mixture of self empowerment and humor, knowing full well it would irk many.

In his strange way, he may even enjoy following in the ‘tradition’ of
those Hollywood actors that had to keep their lover secret and play up
the straight image in public.
He may in someway find this game, romantic or interesting, another
way of living that pulls him up from the crowd and separates him from
what he sees as not him, normal, boring, etc.

Sucks for Damon.

I always just assumed Damon was both. Seems to me that Moz is needy and controlling enough that any lover of his would also have to be his sufficiently supplicant servant.

controlling, sure.

For all the banal comments from you lot, nobody has said or asked what is the book he’s clutching?? 😁

For all the banal comments from you lot, nobody has said or asked what is the book he’s clutching?? 😁
It's Joan Collins' book being flogged at the event Andrea.
FWD.

motzer1 - Kopie.png

Great photograph! Was he standing in queue at the book signing? That's so cute!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom