Morrissey at Glastonbury announced (Friday, June 24)

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
The Poster says it all - U2 is the first name
moz name seems a little muddled in the pack
But with 2 months to go.... hope he is "well"
I liked to see moz due a number w` U2

Morrissey on stage, in concert: Fantastic.

Morrissey on stage, in concert with the dreadful Jesse Tobias on guitar: Not so much.

Having to put up with Jesse makes seeing Moz so much less enjoyable. It's a shame.

What is SO wrong with Jesse Tobias?? I miss the old line up, too, but I welcome change, and I don't see how Jesse is that bad. :confused:

What is SO wrong with Jesse Tobias?? I miss the old line up, too, but I welcome change, and I don't see how Jesse is that bad. :confused:

His pallette, musically speaking, is rather limited. He lends an overly distorted pop-punk sound to Morrissey's music that is rather unwelcome to most listeners.
Yes, Morrissey is the main point, but can't the music be lyrical and engaging as well?

His pallette, musically speaking, is rather limited. He lends an overly distorted pop-punk sound to Morrissey's music that is rather unwelcome to most listeners.
Yes, Morrissey is the main point, but can't the music be lyrical and engaging as well?

Meh, he belows Boz 'bum note' Boorer and Alain 'insert rhyming word here' Whyte completely out the window. Morrissey hasn't had lyrical and engaging music since Mark Nevin, and shame he ruined that with his own worst spell since leaving The Smiths.

Tobias was necessary when Morrissey started covering Smiths songs, hearing those two hackers try and emulate Johnny Marr was just embarrasing.

Meh, he belows Boz 'bum note' Boorer and Alain 'insert rhyming word here' Whyte completely out the window. Morrissey hasn't had lyrical and engaging music since Mark Nevin, and shame he ruined that with his own worst spell since leaving The Smiths.

Tobias was necessary when Morrissey started covering Smiths songs, hearing those two hackers try and emulate Johnny Marr was just embarrasing.

If you think Jesse plays Johnny's stuff well, then you're Insane. Jesse completely butchers the Smiths stuff.

The power-chord crazy Tobias lacks any finesse on guitar. He's way too top heavy and just a mush of sound.

Sorry but Jesse has been a really bad addition and the worst thing to happen to Morrissey in a very long time, both in his terrible guitar playing and awful music writing.

The Poster says it all - U2 is the first name
moz name seems a little muddled in the pack
But with 2 months to go.... hope he is "well"
I liked to see moz due a number w` U2

yeah they could do a duo,pride in de name of buggery

Back
Top Bottom