Morrissey and The Smiths Songs?

mellow_geek

Could you possibly tell me please...

Does Morrissey and The Smiths music have explicit lyrics (fowl language) etc ?

Just because i don't really want my young kids listening to explicit lyrics (fowl language) music and they have seem to take a liking of Morrissey's music :)

Re: Morrissey and The Smiths Songs ? ...

Could you possibly tell me please...

Does Morrissey and The Smiths music have explicit lyrics (fowl language) etc ?

Just because i don't really want my young kids listening to explicit lyrics (fowl language) music and they have seem to take a liking of Morrissey's music :)

Not to worry, you won't find any fowl language in any of Morrissey's lyrics - he's a vegetarian.

Not to worry, you won't find any fowl language in any of Morrissey's lyrics - he's a vegetarian.

Goddamn you. I wanted that one all to myself.

You are in fact wrong - what about "the turkey you festively slice"

Fowl language indeed.

(Get in!)

That's a bit like not letting your kids read the Iliad because it's got sex in it. The Smiths will be beneficial to your kids because it's great art, whether there's swearing or not (which there isn't as far as I can remember). You should be proud and pleased they take a liking to it. If I were you, Id worry far more about the effects of exposure to the intellectual sandblowing of things like Disney Channel sitcoms, which are far far worse than mere swearing.

The vast majority is 'clean' in that sense. I will say that discovering Morrissey has been the most important and beneficial thing to happen in my life; it really helped me out a ton. I'd hate for anyone to be deprived of his music if they feel anything even slightly similar. :(

That's a bit like not letting your kids read the Iliad because it's got sex in it. The Smiths will be beneficial to your kids because it's great art, whether there's swearing or not (which there isn't as far as I can remember). You should be proud and pleased they take a liking to it. If I were you, Id worry far more about the effects of exposure to the intellectual sandblowing of things like Disney Channel sitcoms, which are far far worse than mere swearing.
I couldn't agree more. It's not realistic to sheild your kids from bad language. It's the language they actually use that you want to watch.

Back
Top Bottom