realism in the songs
and more....?

Different eras but lots of parallels..?

Big quiff
Immense stage presence/charisma
fan adulation way beyond the music
realism in the songs
and more....?

Both have enigma. Elvis never gave interviews, an unbelievable fact in todays'world, where celebs can't shut up. Elvis never expressed opinions, he never kept diaries. No-one can verify even the most basic info about Elvis, its all hearsay. Moz has achieved the same enigma by doing the opposite. Moz talks a lot and gives nothing away!!!!

Moz talks a lot and gives nothing away!!!!

Although I think that's a very witty remark, I think Morrissey gives enough away- at leasts stuff that people should know about him. Thank god he's not one of those people who flaunt their sexuality and call the interviewer "sweetheart"....it would just not be the same!

Re: Morrissey and Elvi

major differencd

ELVIS was always considered heterosexual, therefore females fancied him with
out feeling filty

Never was Elvis even rumored to be bummin men

Thank God

Elvis rarely wrote his own music, but he did play an instrument.

Yes, despite being known for his guitar, Elvis could only play a few chords. But he could play piano quite well and the Beatles said he was playing bass when they went to Gracelands.

Both have enigma. Elvis never gave interviews, an unbelievable fact in todays'world, where celebs can't shut up. Elvis never expressed opinions, he never kept diaries. No-one can verify even the most basic info about Elvis, its all hearsay. Moz has achieved the same enigma by doing the opposite. Moz talks a lot and gives nothing away!!!!
Maybe Elvis kept silent because he didn't have anything to say in the first place?

Although I think that's a very witty remark, I think Morrissey gives enough away- at leasts stuff that people should know about him. Thank god he's not one of those people who flaunt their sexuality and call the interviewer "sweetheart"....it would just not be the same!

Considering the fact that the only tag he's ever put on his sexuality in interviews was 'asexual' (which he seems to have abandoned in favour of 'myself - period'), he couldn't possibly 'flaunt' his sexuality by calling the interviewer 'sweetheart', could he? How do you flaunt asexuality? :confused:

...come to think of it, some of his tongue-in-cheek old statements ("I've always thought my genitals were a result of some crude practical joke" etc.) could be considered as 'flaunting his (a)sexuality'? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe Elvis kept silent because he didn't have anything to say in the first place?

His girlfriends complained of his endless all night monologues about life, love and the universe, so it would seem that he had a lot to say.

People rarely want to give credit to a dirt poor 'uneducated hillbilly'.

Elvis created his own image by watching movies and listening to records, just as Moz did later.

Elvis is the single most important entertainer in history and always will be, whether it suits the snobs or not. Cheeseburgers and cheerleaders to go!!!:D

His girlfriends complained of his endless all night monologues about life, love and the universe, so it would seem that he had a lot to say.
Well, it's nice if that was the case, but whatever he said to people in private doesn't mean anything to the audience, does it? Why didn't he say it in public too? I know many people who talk a lot about life, love, politics, universe... but to have guts to go public with your views, even though they might be controverial or unpopular with many people, is something very different.

Re: Morrissey and Elvi

major differencd

ELVIS was always considered heterosexual, therefore females fancied him with
out feeling filty

Never was Elvis even rumored to be bummin men

Thank God
Incidentally, you're wrong about that.

I read about the said rumours when I flicked through Camille Paglia's book "Sexual Personae". Now after seeing your post, I googled 'Elvis Presley bisexual' out of curiosity to see if any sites would pop up, and they did.

Lesson to be learned: either don't believe every rumour you hear, or be prepared for the shock when you hear some you don't like...

Last edited:
Well, it's nice if that was the case, but whatever he said to people in private doesn't mean anything to the audience, does it? Why didn't he say it in public too? I know many people who talk a lot about life, love, politics, universe... but to have guts to go public with your views, even though they might be controverial or unpopular with many people, is something very different.

As I said in an earlier post, enigma is crucial to the success of both Elvis and Moz. Musicians should speak through their music.

Why do you need Moz or Elvis to tell you what to do?

Both lived extraordinary lives and are not really in a position to give out advice to the likes of us.

Moz is not actually very well informed and its best if he gives monologues. Moz could be taken apart by any interviewer worth his salt. Partly because Moz isn't informed and is a bit nervous when face to face and partly because he lives a champagne lifestyle and is very disconnected from reality.

Moz has declined to discuss animal rights with a scientist and has never to my knowledge engaged in a debate of any sort.

Its not about 'guts', 99per cent of stars never stop mouthing off and only show how thick they are.

Classic Moz moment (in importance of being moz) when he lifted the bust of Churchill and said 'how many did he send to their deaths'? Do you really think he has a reason for saying that? Could he really justify such a statement?

No, of course not, he just sounds off about things he feels emotional about.

Elvis was most impressionable to me in a football game. He loved being the Quarterback, calling the shots with lots of men pounding into him (just because he was Elvis doesn’t mean he didn’t take a few ‘f-off u hillbilly tackles’ –see J.Schilling’s book.) Next image of E for me was being surrounded by the Memphis Mafia (his boys).

I have seen Morrissey in concert and heard personally the security detail saying (as I offer $300-$400 cash for the backstage ‘fake it like you’re someone important’...) "He only wants boys."

Men who are very comfortable with themselves are just that. They hold no Macho-American BulSh** when it comes to showing emotion.

I think in my little humble opinion that if I were lonely or hopeful or searching for an inspiration that it would be wise to be open for whatever place this comes from. Sex aside, companionship is what Elvis had when he was too sick to f***. Isn't that we most want anyway????

As I said in an earlier post, enigma is crucial to the success of both Elvis and Moz. Musicians should speak through their music.
Elvis's music doesn't say an awful lot to me.

Why do you need Moz or Elvis to tell you what to do?
I don't. Or anyone else, for that matter.

But I like people who speak their mind.

Moz is not actually very well informed and its best if he gives monologues. Moz could be taken apart by any interviewer worth his salt. Partly because Moz isn't informed and is a bit nervous when face to face and partly because he lives a champagne lifestyle and is very disconnected from reality.
He isn't informed? On what subject? And do you have anything to support that claim?

He could be taken apart by any interviewer? LOL Yeah, right. :D I wonder why it has never happened, then? I've only seen the opposite happen... Interviewers who ask stupid questions and make fools of themselves.

Moz has declined to discuss animal rights with a scientist and has never to my knowledge engaged in a debate of any sort.
Eh? :confused: :confused:

Classic Moz moment (in importance of being moz) when he lifted the bust of Churchill and said 'how many did he send to their deaths'? Do you really think he has a reason for saying that? Could he really justify such a statement?

No, of course not, he just sounds off about things he feels emotional about.

How do you he couldn't?

And welcome to the forum, Lesley-Anne. :) It's always nice to see one more
troll.jpg

Elvis's music doesn't say an awful lot to me.

I don't. Or anyone else, for that matter.

But I like people who speak their mind.

He isn't informed? On what subject? And do you have anything to support that claim?

He could be taken apart by any interviewer? LOL Yeah, right. :D I wonder why it has never happened, then? I've only seen the opposite happen... Interviewers who ask stupid questions and make fools of themselves.

Eh? :confused: :confused:

How do you he couldn't?

After his comments in Oxford, Moz was publicly invited to a debate. Moz has died in the majority of TV interviews in which he stares into the camera with a terrified look. He only takes soft interviews and even they appear tired of him, Jools Holland even phased Moz. Moz was stuck for words and wouldn't answers question. Moz looked really stupid on both Moz and Ross.

How long have you actually been into Moz????

Elvis was most impressionable to me in a football game. He loved being the Quarterback, calling the shots with lots of men pounding into him (just because he was Elvis doesn’t mean he didn’t take a few ‘f-off u hillbilly tackles’ –see J.Schilling’s book.) Next image of E for me was being surrounded by the Memphis Mafia (his boys).

I have seen Morrissey in concert and heard personally the security detail saying (as I offer $300-$400 cash for the backstage ‘fake it like you’re someone important’...) "He only wants boys."

Men who are very comfortable with themselves are just that. They hold no Macho-American BulSh** when it comes to showing emotion.

I think in my little humble opinion that if I were lonely or hopeful or searching for an inspiration that it would be wise to be open for whatever place this comes from. Sex aside, companionship is what Elvis had when he was too sick to f***. Isn't that we most want anyway????

I have read that 5 times and I still can't understand a word of it. You have the strangest language/grammar.

Back
Top Bottom