Morrissey and Elvis

After his comments in Oxford, Moz was publicly invited to a debate. Moz has died in the majority of TV interviews in which he stares into the camera with a terrified look. He only takes soft interviews and even they appear tired of him, Jools Holland even phased Moz. Moz was stuck for words and wouldn't answers question. Moz looked really stupid on both Moz and Ross.

How long have you actually been into Moz????
You mean Jools and Ross? Oh, right, if you say he "looked stupid", then that's it - we now know that Moz is stupid and has no idea what he's talking about half of the time, it's just that all those highly intelligent, witty and well-educated interviewers are very nice and feel sympathy for the poor ignorant, terrified Manc boy, so they dont' want to "tear him apart"...:rolleyes:

What exactly are you trying to convince me of? Everything you've said has just served to strengthen my argument: you are criticizing Morrissey for expressing his views, and it all boils down to the fact that you don't agree with them; Elvis, on the other hand, never said anything, so he avoided antagonizing anybody with any of his views. Guess which artist is more likely to be better received by the mainstream audience?

Oh, and BTW, are you really into Moz at all?????

You mean Jools and Ross? Oh, right, if you say he "looked stupid", then that's it - we now know that Moz is stupid and has no idea what he's talking about half of the time, it's just that all those highly intelligent, witty and well-educated interviewers are very nice and feel sympathy for the poor ignorant, terrified Manc boy, so they dont' want to "tear him apart"...:rolleyes:

What exactly are you trying to convince me of? Everything you've said has just served to strengthen my argument: you are criticizing Morrissey for expressing his views, and it all boils down to the fact that you don't agree with them; Elvis, on the other hand, never said anything, so he avoided antagonizing anybody with any of his views. Guess which artist is more likely to be better received by the mainstream audience?

Oh, and BTW, are you really into Moz at all?????

My views are objective (not a smitten teenager). I never said Moz was stupid, he is a very intellegent man.

NO, I am not 'into Moz', I am into his music, I have never met the man.

I have been a fan since 91 and accept that he makes cringe-making viewing on TV. It is endearing, he is not a sophisticated media type, he is just himself.

You can't have been a fan long if you dont know his reputation for dying in interviews.

I have never heard Moz making a cohesive argument about anything, would you care to link something?

Why do you think he avoided the debate? Do you think he could hold it up against someone that has dedicated his life to something and is an experienced debater/public speaker?

Would you do it?

And what makes you think I dont agree with Moz's views? You are a presumptive so-and so, aren't you?

After his comments in Oxford, Moz was publicly invited to a debate.
Do you mean this?!?!?

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=06/06/04/164237

Medical researcher challenges Morrissey to public debate on animal testing

Medical tests on great apes should not be banned, says research chief - The Telegraph

...Prof Blakemore said that if, for example, the country were threatened with a deadly infectious disease and that the only way to prevent thousands of deaths was to carry out research involving great apes then most people would support their use.

He also criticised pop stars whose influence on the debate on animal experimentation was out of proportion with their expertise and challenged Morrissey, the singer and anti-vivisectionist, to a public debate on the issue.

...Last week Morrissey told a concert audience that Oxford University was "the shame of England" for allowing the building of a £20 million animal research centre.

He made clear his support for animal right extremists when he said: "Make no mistake, for anyone working in the labs, we are going to get you. If you agree with vivisection, go and be vivisected upon yourself."

Prof Blakemore added: "I think Morrissey is not representative of current opinion and it would be very nice to sit down and have a real conversation with him rather than listening to the unilateral trumpeting of his opinion."

^^^ Was that supposed to be an invitation to a public debate?! :confused: Seems to me like just an off-remark, there's nothing there to suggest that he actually called Morrissey on a debate. Just one more example of the press publishing sensationalist headlines that are in no way justified by the actual content of the article. :rolleyes:

No wonder that there were headlines that Morrissey wanted to be on Eurovision, or that he'd like to be knighted... :rolleyes:

And what makes you think I dont agree with Moz's views? You are a presumptive so-and so, aren't you?
For starters, I am 100% sure that you aren't a feminist and that don't agree with his views on traditional gender roles.

Second, you are presuming that nobody could ever have reason to say that Churchill sent a great number of people to their deaths, and that nobody could ever justify that opinion. That's very presumptive.

And where does he have a "reputation" of "dying in interviews"? At your workplace? At the local pub you like to go to? Please tell, I'd be very interested to know.

Last edited:
For starters, I am 100% sure that you aren't a feminist and that don't agree with his views on traditional gender roles.

And where does he have a "reputation" of "dying in interviews"? At your workplace? At the local pub you like to go to? Please tell, I'd be very interested to know.

We have discussed this topic on this very board a million times. I personally feel embarressed by his 'corpsing' and pray he will keep it together, rather than saying to Jools 'I am not telling you' when asked when he last appeared on the show and staring at the camera as is his habit.

Two fans that were at the recording of Ross said it was horrible to watch Moz dying and the interview had to be cut to pieces in the edit to make Moz look OK.

Moz is great on the radio, he just can't do TV.

I see you have found the 'search' function, keep searching and find Moz's response.

Second, you are presuming that nobody could ever have reason to say that Churchill sent a great number of people to their deaths, and that nobody could ever justify that opinion. That's very presumptive.

My former girlfriend was a PHD and an authority on feminist poetry, so there!

We have discussed this topic on this very board a million times. I personally feel embarressed by his 'corpsing' and pray he will keep it together, rather than saying to Jools 'I am not telling you' when asked when he last appeared on the show and staring at the camera as is his habit.

Two fans that were at the recording of Ross said it was horrible to watch Moz dying and the interview had to be cut to pieces in the edit to make Moz look OK.

I see you have found the 'search' function, keep searching and find Moz's response.
Thanks, but I'm not interested in tabloid journalism. That's why I usually don't check the main board. I also have the habit to watch and read interviews and form an opinion on what I see and hear, rather than basing my opinion on what 'a couple of fans' have said.

Except it it's you, of course. I know that your opinion, unlike everybody else's, is always objective. :rolleyes:

and what does the way Morrissey looks into the camera have to do with anything here?! What is your point?? :confused:

Thanks, but I'm not interested in tabloid journalism. That's why I usually don't check the main board. I also have the habit to watch and read interviews and form an opinion on what I see and hear, rather than basing my opinion on what 'a couple of fans' have said.

Except it it's you, of course. I know that your opinion, unlike everybody else's, is always objective. :rolleyes:

and what does the way Morrissey looks into the camera have to do with anything here?! What is your point?? :confused:

The two fans are the girls from morrisseytour and have seen him 100s of times in every setting. The discussion about his dying in interviews are the opinion of fans nothing to do with tabloids.

Staring into the TV camera is a nervous habit he has, no-one looks into the TV camera, thats taboo as it looks awful.

btw I don't go in pubs and dont drink alcohol, so your cosy little view of me is falling part isnt it?

Tell us about some TV interviews you thought Moz did well in.

No, but your affection for a pop star makes you look a little silly.
You mean, this silly?

Elvis is the single most important entertainer in history and always will be, whether it suits the snobs or not. Cheeseburgers and cheerleaders to go!!!:D
^^ But truth be told, that's one of the less ridiculous things you've posted lately...

When everything is published and everyone knows how to say “bonjour”, there is a certain WAIT- “Do I need this?” instinct which pulls all men back. I did not want to chew the fat. There are times when none of us wants to go to school. (Have I earned enough dosh yet to keep them all out of mybed… yes Iam talking to you. ---no new sheets tomorrow, Leslie-anne. No news shits.)

The two fans are the girls from morrisseytour and have seen him 100s of times in every setting. The discussion about his dying in interviews are the opinion of fans nothing to do with tabloids.
The articles with titles such as "Medical researcher invites Morrissey to a public debate", "Morrissey says: why can't I be knighted", "Morrissey wants to be in Eurovision" etc. are tabloid journalism.

Staring into the TV camera is a nervous habit he has, no-one looks into the TV camera, thats taboo as it looks awful.
What does staring into the camera have to do with Morrissey being "not very well informed" or "disconnected from reality"?! What does it have to do with making or not making cohesive arguments?!

btw I don't go in pubs and dont drink alcohol, so your cosy little view of me is falling part isnt it?
When did I say you did? And what's my 'cosy little view' of you?

Last edited:
I dont think making a joke is silly, no.
Now that you mention it, 90% of the stuff you post does seem to be a joke. I hope it really is. It's very depressing to meet a grown man with the views such as those you've expressed in that Off-topic thread.

Now that you mention it, 90% of the stuff you post does seem to be a joke. I hope it really is. It's very depressing to meet a grown man with the views such as those you've expressed in that Off-topic thread.

You don't even know what you are writing, you just asked if I got these views in a pub.

What views?

The articles with titles such as "Medical researcher invites Morrissey to a public debate", "Morrissey says: why can't I be knighted", "Morrissey wants to be in Eurovision" etc. are tabloid journalism.

What does staring into the camera have to do with Morrissey being "not very well informed" or "disconnected from reality"?! What does it have to do with making or not making cohesive arguments?!

When did I say you did? And what's my 'cosy little view' of you?

You can't seem to focus at all. Forget the article now. MANY fans agree with me that Moz does not interview well on TV, it's one of the most talked about Moz things.

Moz staring into the camera is an example of his poor interview skills.

COME ON , FOCUS!!!!

Talking about cohesive arguments, here is an example of someone NOT making a cohesive argument:

Moz is not actually very well informed and its best if he gives monologues. Moz could be taken apart by any interviewer worth his salt. Partly because Moz isn't informed and is a bit nervous when face to face and partly because he lives a champagne lifestyle and is very disconnected from reality.
^^^ Now, this was supposed to be an answer to this post of mine:

Well, it's nice if that was the case, but whatever he said to people in private doesn't mean anything to the audience, does it? Why didn't he say it in public too? I know many people who talk a lot about life, love, politics, universe... but to have guts to go public with your views, even though they might be controversial or unpopular with many people, is something very different.

I don't see what connection, if any, exists between his answer and the point I was making? :confused: What was he trying to say? That it doesn't take guts to speak out one's mind in public? That Morrissey only does it because he's "not very well informed"? And by implication, Elvis was, so he wisely kept his mouth shut? So, if you're "well informed" and "connnected to reality", you won't say anything about any subject? Is that it? :confused:

OK, now, let's go further...

After his comments in Oxford, Moz was publicly invited to a debate. Moz has died in the majority of TV interviews in which he stares into the camera with a terrified look. He only takes soft interviews and even they appear tired of him, Jools Holland even phased Moz. Moz was stuck for words and wouldn't answers question. Moz looked really stupid on both Moz and Ross.
I have never heard Moz making a cohesive argument about anything, would you care to link something?

Several questions are unavoidable:

1) How can anyone be 'great on radio' if they supposedly never make a cohesive argument?!

2) Is this all about the way Morrissey looks into the camera when he's on TV, or about his debating skills, or about his how well informed he is? What is it about?

3) Does SouthpawGlamour have any point in this debate, or is he just arguing for the sake of it?

Back
Top Bottom