Morrissey A-Z: "Human Being"

It just seems bland to me and while I accept as a singer Morrissey loves songs I believe there are better songs he could give his appreciation to e.g. Man in the corner shop The Jam.But that's just my opinion.

He seems to like the Jam enough to do one cover, but not care for them that much to do two. I’d rather he do a late 60’s Kinks cover before another Jam one.

It’s always the NY Dolls, they’re one of the reasons why he is he, and we are we and here at all.

Viva Moz !

:cool:

He seems to like the Jam enough to do one cover, but not care for them that much to do two. I’d rather he do a late 60’s Kinks cover before another Jam one.

It’s always the NY Dolls, they’re one of the reasons why he is he, and we are we and here at all.

Viva Moz !

I am a massive Kinks fan but what song should he cover?I'm not like anyone else,Where have all the good times gone?There are so many that he could sing.

I am a massive Kinks fan but what song should he cover?I'm not like anyone else,Where have all the good times gone?There are so many that he could sing.
Dandy? That was on the intro music once, so I take it that is his fave Kinks-song ;)

Wasn't he linked with covering Harry Rag at one point?

Not a surprise that he enjoys Dandy with it being one of Herman's Hermits biggest hits.

:thumb:

As always, it gives me the joyful giggles imagining the happiness this eternal teenager that is Morrissey gets from doing these covers of artists that he cares deeply about.

Let’s face it folks, he does these for his own pleasure, he doesn’t care what the hell we think about them.

:lbf: :tiphat:

Anyway, treat me like a .....
They sound like they are having a good time with this one, mission accomplished then.
And it is less polished than the studio version, as it should be.

I’d prefer he do something off Something Else or Village Green...

maybe... ‘Johnny Thunder’

:p

It always comes back to the mighty

Dolls.

Whenever I see the title "human being" there's a voice in my head that says "human bean!". That means I read "treat me like a human bean" and then I picture a sort of Mr Potatohead, except it's shaped like a bean. But not the actual Mr Bean. See what I mean?

That's it for that opinions about that song, really.

I’d prefer he do something off Something Else or Village Green...

maybe... ‘Johnny Thunder’

:p

It always comes back to the mighty

Dolls.

Like I said I am a massive Kinks fan maybe it's because I am from London but their music can not have escaped Morrissey.

Like I said I am a massive Kinks fan maybe it's because I am from London but their music can not have escaped Morrissey.

Like Flibberty said, he apparently once considered a cover of Harry Rag.

"In the summer of 1991, during the planning stages of the album Your Arsenal, Morrissey sent Mark Nevin a cassette of the 13 instrumental demos he’d chosen to work on – ‘11 Squire Nevin, 2 Alain White’ – along with an extra ‘Ray Kink schoolboy prank’ he was ‘toying with’. The latter was The Kinks’ ‘Harry Rag’, a tongue-in-cheek ode to the British working classes’ fatal romance with cigarettes (‘Harry rag’ being cockney rhyming slang for ‘fag’) from their 1967 album Something Else By The Kinks. The prospect of Morrissey singing Ray Davies – the greatest English pop lyricist of one era interpreting the work of his equally brilliant forerunner – was extremely tantalising. It was also fascinating to speculate that after covering Paul Weller’s ‘That's Entertainment’, Morrissey was tracing the lineage of the ‘British mod sophisticate’ (as he’d taken to calling himself on a recent press advert for the single ‘Sing Your Life’) back further to Davies. Though his band did learn and rehearse ‘Harry Rag’, Morrissey swiftly abandoned the idea."
(from Mozipedia)

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom