Morrissey A-Z: "Dear God Please Help Me"

Smart!

Wouldn't be the first time though.

This still looks queer to me, even though it's correct. 30 years of staring can do that to a boy...

Morrissey Time Out Nov '90.jpg

í prefer the printing of the colours on the magazine cover to how it looked on the 'official' pop posters at the time.

And the 'proper' header shot ~

Gino Header shot Moz.jpg

And finally, while it's the 4th of March somewhere, to sign-off the death certificate on "Kill Uncle" day, my most favourite of all Gino Sprio's shots, seen once, on the cover of "Melody Maker", literally postage stamp size ~

Moz Gino Sprio Hook End French Doors.jpg

Dunno why. Perfect moment in time, vintage French Doors, The Hair, the eyes, is he coming out to play, or safer to stay inside...?

Moments/frames later he was doing his best Arthur Mullard...

Moz_Sing_Your_Life_ad.jpg

This still looks queer to me, even though it's correct. 30 years of staring can do that to a boy...

View attachment 69265

Well, I agree. It looks more "right" to me the other way round.

And here I am, again, staring at Morrissey's ears, and there's no doubt that this has to be the correct orientation. He's got this small, slightly protruding 'knob' on his left earlobe, only visible from a certain angle...

MozPaulSlattery1991RockinOn.jpg

And finally, while it's the 4th of March somewhere, to sign-off the death certificate on "Kill Uncle" day, my most favourite of all Gino Sprio's shots, seen once, on the cover of "Melody Maker", literally postage stamp size ~

View attachment 69267

Dunno why. Perfect moment in time, vintage French Doors, The Hair, the eyes, is he coming out to play, or safer to stay inside...?

I like this one because his face/chin looks so angular and he's got that facial expression you'd expect when you walk outside and the bloody sun blinds you (or worse - there's people waiting for you) and you wish you'd just stayed inside.

MozGinoSprio.jpg

D'you think we're ready to move on yet? Temporarily, I mean... from Uncle Moz frink. There's another significant album anniversary coming up in April, which also marks his second best hair era.

That's what I thought 😏

Oh and Thank You for that Gino Sprio pic. Pretty sure í've never seen that particular pretty frame before.
As well as all the stuff you mention, you can also just detect the first flickering of the 'Arthur Mullard' notion coming in to his mind ;)

Oh to see a contact sheet of that full French Doors Exit...

And Thank You for your "small, slightly protruding knob" work. Kudos.

Oh and Thank You for that Gino Sprio pic. Pretty sure í've never seen that particular pretty frame before.
As well as all the stuff you mention, you can also just detect the first flickering of the 'Arthur Mullard' notion coming in to his mind ;)

You're very welcome, as always. I think this is the only other one I have...

MozGinoSprio2.jpg

Oh to see a contact sheet of that full French Doors Exit...

You really should get in touch with Gino again!

And Thank You for your "small, slightly protruding knob" work. Kudos.

And thank You for indulging my knob-sessions... :blushing:

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom