Morrissey 2020 - What would you like? Think big!

A

Anonymous

#1. Morrissey Saturday 14 March London The SSE Arena Wembley - Live on Netflix

If I was Morrissey's manager, that would f***ing happen. If not Live on the night (not sure Netflix could do that) then the gig should be Live on Netflix this year. They've had Live stand-up comedy on Netflix. Why not Live gigs? Whatever. If I was Morrissey's manager, I'd f***ing make it happen. And it would be f***ing huge!

Your turn!

Live from Sweden with Urbanus reading popular passages from Mein Kampf as intro. Broadcast live from Eskilstuna of course sponsored by IKEA with a backdrop of the IKEA inventor Ingvar Kamprad saluting his leader alongside his mother.

5ac88e6b-863f-4bf2-8e2c-99b96c11ae0c

Is wishing for them to play songs from Kill Uncle and Southpaw Grammar considered thinking "big"? If so, I'd like that, please. I don't even dare asking for previously unplayed Smiths songs, "I Won't Share You" and "Girl Afraid" were amazing additions last year.

Maybe a good new music video or even a photoshoot with an actual professional photographer, that would be nice.

A live DVD/BluRay/Stream would be great.

Last edited:
to hear rainbow valley,im beginning to sound like a broken record when it comes to this song.
a 4k release with dolby atmos of one of his shows.
and finally to start playing the small venues again.

Morrissey is discovered chained, emaciated but alive in a cellar in Ashton-under-Lyne. The impostor who has been touring the world using his name for so many years is arrested and imprisoned.

List of the Lost 2: Revenge of the Barrel-Rolling Breasts.

• Reunions with both Alain and Johnny. A few songs written with both (but separate).

• A feature length documentary or docu-miniseries. Deep, personal, with new interviews, made with good intentions by someone who respects Moz but isn’t a yes-man per se.

• An album reminiscent of Vauxhall and Maladjusted.

• Return of the sideburns

• If not a Vauxhall-ish album, then a rockabilly sounding album recorded at Sun Studios with his 90’s band. 11 songs: six new originals, four Sun covers and a newly recorded version of Sing Your Life, in the same vein as the 1991 live version.

This is making me dizzy. I need to stop.

The only thing I think might be nice besides touring and releasing music would be to see a week long album residency where in the span of seven or eight days he does five albums in full on five different days with a couple of days off in between. My five would be Bona drag, Arsenal, ringleader, world peace and mal adjusted. I understand that to maximize the appeal (especially in regards to the early albums as I know people will want viva hate or vauxhal) but the choices were just for me. The idea itself I think is pretty fun. All the draw of the New York shows but with an added bonus. I guess one obstacle might be that some songs might be hard to sing but you can work around that

A live duet with Thelma
A live TV interview with Jonathan Ross
A one-off gig with Johnny in Manchester
A new band
Properly-fitting trousers

Back
Top Bottom