"Morrissey’s politics divide his LA fan base" - From Press Play (KCRW)

72cc456f-5f86-4fb2-b090-5d36393bf617.jpeg

Heard this live today on the radio program Press Play. Host Madeleine Brand interviews Melissa Hidalgo - author of “Mozlandia: Morrissey Fans in the Borderlands”. The 16 min segment can be heard at the link below:

Morrissey’s politics divide his LA fan base

Last edited:
Whilst I share your concerns, it is essentially David’s site and it will live or die on his fairly consistent ‘hands off’ approach to the content.

I guess if we want to see more love for Morrissey then it is us, the fans, who will have to be responsible for its propagation here.

That said, one might nevertheless hope that David might remember when he felt positively about Morrissey. I think, in the long run, a recall would serve his project well: the behaviours of some unmentionables on here makes me think that their hate—harmless to Morrissey himself—is now turning to this platform. So, ironically, it’s their hatred of Morrissey which might ultimately achieve the latter’s wish to get this site effectively finished (as a ‘go to’ place for music news and opinion).

With the above in mind, being a fan here and dwelling with the unedited nihilism—as an advocate of Morrissey and his music—feels to me like some kind of a win-win.

True but at the very least remove the so called TOS so people dont think they actually mean anything.

So proud of Morrissey and what he done and how he’s handling everything on his shoulders. We are all here for you Morrissey:)

"The Jews." So what? I smell an 'anti-semite' here. :eek: Pew!
Self-righteous hypocrisy is what it is. A double standard. Worse, the double standard of political correctness. Who can't prevent anyone from talking about anything other than Morrissey or anything outside the topic of Morrissey? It is humanly impossible. Why would anyone want to prevent it? It's hypocrisy at best. The Peter Principle at worst. The real question is: What is really being controlled here? George Orwell may be right after all.

The dreadful Reelfountain has 'announced', once again, that 'she' has left the forum. But, of course, she hasn't and most likely never will.

The Reelfountain registered name remains registered How familar. Lurking. Lurking. Lurking.
Reelfountain has stepped-up 'her' level of anonymous posts - poorly disguised in this thread. A common trait previously used when no-one responded to 'her' posts. Where controversy didn't exist 'she' created it - or attempted to.

Gouging this type of cancer from the forum is essential for its survival.

Self-righteous hypocrisy is what it is. A double standard. Worse, the double standard of political correctness. Who can't prevent anyone from talking about anything other than Morrissey or anything outside the topic of Morrissey? It is humanly impossible. Why would anyone want to prevent it? It's hypocrisy at best. The Peter Principle at worst. The real question is: What is really being controlled here? George Orwell may be right after all.

Calm down Reelfountain. I know you're probably pissed off that no-one has noticed you have, ahem, left - how fickle social media fame is, eh?

Hey, I know you thought I was "one of the good ones" but whenever you "like" something it makes me wonder where I went wrong. Just "dislike" and "troll" ratings from now on, please?

Nobody is buying this, everyone knows you're talking to yourself right now blackface truth. Ever since I joined this forum all you do is troll people. You stalk me like a complete weirdo and force me to call you out for being a gamma asshole

Last edited:
Calm down Reelfountain. I know you're probably pissed off that no-one has noticed you have, ahem, left - how fickle social media fame is, eh?
Hey there, anti-semite Dr. Psycho Babble. How's tricks?

Tags
for britain kcrw latino los angeles morrissey racism

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom