Morrissey’s Brexit love affair makes him the last true rock’n’roll rebel - The Spectator

The Spectator seems to have missed the part in the last interview where he denies being pro-Brexit.

"That IS NOT TRUE. The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinates me because it was a victory for democracy. The people said yes. Although Westminster said no... Whether or not Brexit is good is another matter"

Although, to be fair, a lot of people seem to have somehow missed that.

"That IS NOT TRUE. The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinates me because it was a victory for democracy. The people said yes. Although Westminster said no... Whether or not Brexit is good is another matter"

- Morrissey

your post is the only one that really matters here OS, & thank you for pointing out that fact. :thumb:

Haters take note, get a grip, move on.

Last edited:

- Morrissey

the only post that really matters here, thank you OS for pointing out that fact. :thumb:

Haters take note, get a grip, move on.

Why does it matter to you if Morrissey is a supporter of Brexit or not? He has already said many times he is and outlined his reasons for this. I'm sure he voted for it too (postal vote from Italy?) OH NO!

You also didn't mention here that the translation doesn't help, like you did on the Spacey subject?

Seems to me that some people on here look for any slight sign or signal to deny what he actually believes.

Morrissey in the same interview saying, 'I don't want to live in a German empire, and I don't think England should either'. So the alternative to Brexit would be the continuation of MASS immigration and further German dictation.

Oh and I will post it YET again (look out people- fingers in ears time)

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2013/01/morrissey-i-nearly-voted-ukip

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/morrissey-brexit-was-magnificent/

Why does it matter to you if Morrissey is a supporter of Brexit or not? He has already said many times he is and outlined his reasons for this. I'm sure he voted for it too (postal vote from Italy?) OH NO!

You also didn't mention here that the translation doesn't help, like you did on the Spacey subject?

Seems to me that some people on here look for any slight sign or signal to deny what he actually believes.

Morrissey in the same interview saying, 'I don't want to live in a German empire, and I don't think England should either'. So the alternative to Brexit would be the continuation of MASS immigration and further German dictation.

Oh and I will post it YET again (look out people- fingers in ears time)

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2013/01/morrissey-i-nearly-voted-ukip

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/morrissey-brexit-was-magnificent/

yes maybe that interview has been totally misinterpreted by google translate. Hope someone will fix that, but until then that's all we have. AND THAT IS HIS LAST WORD ON IT. So it seems he has changed his mind then, that's if in the past he said he supported it. Or maybe he never did?, seems truer to say that he supports any people that take the reins of power away from their government, and that is the real reason why he can be called... a rebel! :cool:

I believe I put a translation of the key areas of the interview via a German speaker somewhere in the depths of the original thread - it was very similar to the Google one.
Regards,
FWD.

yes maybe that interview has been totally misinterpreted by google translate. Hope someone will fix that, but until then that's all we have. AND THAT IS HIS LAST WORD ON IT. So it seems he has changed his mind then, that's if in the past he said he supported it. Or maybe he never did, seems truer to say that he supports any people that take the reins of power away from the government, and that is the real reason why he can be called... a rebel! :cool:

I thought at first he was just supporting Brexit because it was against the establishment and of course the immigration problem. But then reading his comments on Nigel and UKIP, along with ' I’d hang on to sterling, yet withdraw from the Europe Fan Club, and I’d plough the wasteful cost of being euro back into the NHS', I realised he understood fully the reasons for leaving the EU.

Brexit is not a dirty word, nor is the idea of leaving the EU. People have come round to the idea of Brexit, you will not easily find anybody that has changed their mind on leaving, especially when understanding the reasons for leaving in the first place.

Stop saying Brickxit and Uskip foreigners! Mayor of LA Steve probably doesn't even know what either of those things are. He's just saying what the TMMG, LTD marketing rep in the El Segundo office that handles Brittin and Yerope tells him to say so you foreigners will buy tickets so Steve can pay for his custom jet ski and buy Nancy and lil' Sammy Christmas presents.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom