More Sparks on Morrissey (new interview video)

This is clearly the greatest band of the 70s...

i remember rock follies,adult viewing at the time.iv wanted to rewatch it for a while.

Not sure Karen but you already have their number, 666. :worried:
Wow! 666 is the Mark of the Beast in the Holy Bible.

Do you know about 'bots' as in robots and androids? They don't talk about them directly in the Bible or cyborgs. We live in worrying times.

'Sparks' really have let poor Morrissey down they have no loyalty to him and have betrayed him. Reminds me of Pete Shelley all that horrible stuff he said about Morrissey. Then Pete Shelley died unexpectedly and Morrissey was kind enough to forgive him. Morrissey is the better bigger man!

I love Morrissey. I get why Morrissey likes Anne Marie Waters who is from the Republic of Ireland from Dublin where his family are from. She is from a Roman Catholic family but is no longer a practicing Catholic and does meditation. She has total respect for Christianity. She is a vegan who loves animals and is into animal rights and animal welfare. She is a lesbian. She is a big supporter of Israel the Holy Land. Morrissey also has a great love for Israel.

Sparks are the greatest band of the 70s. Maybe not in terms of impact, but musically they knock T.Rex, Bowie, the Sex Pistols and so in into a cocked hat. Kimono My House, Propaganda, Indiscreet and Big Beat can sit pretty smugly next to the four Smiths albums.
That's probably the most ridiculous post you've ever submitted.
Please refer to the post below yours, by Hovis Lesley.

Wow! 666 is the Mark of the Beast in the Holy Bible.

Do you know about 'bots' as in robots and androids? They don't talk about them directly in the Bible or cyborgs. We live in worrying times.

'Sparks' really have let poor Morrissey down they have no loyalty to him and have betrayed him. Reminds me of Pete Shelley all that horrible stuff he said about Morrissey. Then Pete Shelley died unexpectedly and Morrissey was kind enough to forgive him. Morrissey is the better bigger man!

I love Morrissey. I get why Morrissey likes Anne Marie Waters who is from the Republic of Ireland from Dublin where his family are from. She is from a Roman Catholic family but is no longer a practicing Catholic and does meditation. She has total respect for Christianity. She is a vegan who loves animals and is into animal rights and animal welfare. She is a lesbian. She is a big supporter of Israel the Holy Land. Morrissey also has a great love for Israel.

What horrible stuff did Pete Shelley say about Morrissey, I can't recall anything at all?

BTW why are you now posting as Soloman rather than Eliza-Marie

This is useful 1970's Decade Overview just to get a flavour & context of what was happening, musically, worldwide in the 70's. Amongst other things, it lists the 1970's Top 100 Best Selling Albums Worldwide, & the Top 100 Best Selling Singles Worldwide.

Sparks don't feature in either.

In fact, they only get a mention under Glam / Glitter Rock key artists, alongside: David Bowie, T.Rex, The Sweet, Roxy Music, Slade, Gary Glitter, Mott the Hoople, New York Dolls, Lou Reed, Iggy and the Stooges, Mud, Roy Wood, Silverhead, Wizzard.

Top 50 artists (of the 70's) worldwide, based on singles/album sales:

toon.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My YouTube rabbit hole led me to James Baldwin in a theatre in 1987!

I wonder if Moz saw the play or knew about it? Sounds like his kind of thing - incoherent sexuality & trying to escape the merciless judgement of the world.

It was The Amen Corner.

Why do you constantly call him 'Moz'? It was funny, briefly, for two months in 1n 1993.
Utter goon.

I for one like Sparks. I also have conversations with my oven.

I don't know what's happened to Morrissey either.

And I wonder...

Because I love him.

There was Rock Follies & Rock Follies 77 about a girl band trying to make it in the macho world of rock - & then a sort of follow up in the 80s about a rock star turning 40 & falling apart in a Stately Home.

It's really all theatre people sitting about wondering what's more important - art, politics or money.

It's money.

I’ve just bought the second series (as it was cheapest). Dare I watch without seeing series one?

This is useful 1970's Decade Overview just to get a flavour & context of what was happening, musically, worldwide in the 70's. Amongst other things, it lists the 1970's Top 100 Best Selling Albums Worldwide, & the Top 100 Best Selling Singles Worldwide.

Sparks don't feature in either.

In fact, they only get a mention under Glam / Glitter Rock key artists, alongside: David Bowie, T.Rex, The Sweet, Roxy Music, Slade, Gary Glitter, Mott the Hoople, New York Dolls, Lou Reed, Iggy and the Stooges, Mud, Roy Wood, Silverhead, Wizzard.

Top 50 artists (of the 70's) worldwide, based on singles/album sales:

View attachment 60019
James last above Fleetwood Mac! These are the things journalists can’t concede, or intellectually engage with in their looks back.

James last above Fleetwood Mac! These are the things journalists can’t concede, or intellectually engage with in their looks back.
JL not my cup of tea, as you might imagine, but he was huge in continental Europe.

"It's a strange kind of thing where an artist can do something so beautiful and pure and (kinda) life-affirming and then have such odious views in another sense." - Ron Mael

Pretty much sums it up.

He was still talking about Wagner when he mentioned "odious views", an important point which appears to have completely passed you all by. Yes, even you Nerak.

He was still talking about Wagner when he mentioned "odious views", an important point which appears to have completely passed you all by. Yes, even you Nerak.

I know it was about Wagner, it was the association that bothered me.

What horrible stuff did Pete Shelley say about Morrissey, I can't recall anything at all?

BTW why are you now posting as Soloman rather than Eliza-Marie
The Soloman is not from the Bible, Solomon is, dude.

You do know he is talking about Wagner in that quote, right?

He was talking about how difficult it is to enjoy great music having learned something repellent about the artist who created it, and the difficult choice of cutting the artist out of one's life completely, or trying to filter out the politics while still enjoying the music ("filter" is exactly the right word). The subject under discussion at that point in the conversation is great music, the flawed artists who create it, and the burden placed upon the listener who still wishes to enjoy it.

But I understand how that could get by someone who enjoys arguing on the internet.

He was talking about how difficult it is to enjoy great music having learned something repellent about the artist who created it, and the difficult choice of cutting the artist out of one's life completely, or trying to filter out the politics while still enjoying the music ("filter" is exactly the right word). The subject under discussion at that point in the conversation is great music, the flawed artists who create it, and the burden placed upon the listener who still wishes to enjoy it.

But I understand how that could get by someone who enjoys arguing on the internet.
It's a silly point he's making & nobody's interested, he's talking out his filthy ass!

There's nothing wrong with Morrissey's politics. It's his choice of marginal politician that's lacking in research.

But then - this isn't a great political era - everyone is trying to adapt to smartphones & the power shift to the East.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom