Morrissey Central "Mamma Lay Softly" (August 15, 2020)

"The flowers of solace, comfort and consolation that have arrived at Beechmount - my mother's home for over 30 years, and now, her premature place of rest, are all so Hindu sundar; so beautiful; so expensive; so lavish; so glamorous; so much more than I ever expected that anyone anywhere would bestow on my mother. For my own life I don't care anything, but how my worldwide friends have regarded my mother with such great respect and faithful love is a gift to me that no success, triumphs or riches could match.

I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Morrissey
14 August 2020.

Update:
Central add some more floral tribute images:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since when do the halls of music and free expression hold the power to exercise malicious deception that keep us apart? like, what?!?

I was trying to figure out what this means. But I do imagine he is in a daze right now.

Even now - even now - he can't help being Alex Jones with his 'malicious deceptions'. Just stop.

even now, even now, you can’t stfu with this crap. Let it go. You’re obsessed and in a very unhealthy way. Just stop.
who the hell cares what he thinks about that, just let it pass. The fact you can’t let this go, even when he is in mourning is really sad. He’s basically just saying he wants to see everyone again at gigs.

To your friends and family? I get that. But as a public figure to the general public? That is just plain strange and narcissistic.
Lots of people share the death of a loved one on social media. It’s not narcissism. It’s normal. It’s called grieving. A lack of empathy about such things, however - just like you’re displaying - is the sign of a textbook narcissist.

“the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Even in his time of “mourning”, he finds a way to soil his trousers through his mind and typed message. Pathetic. He will not recover from this and the pandemic. The countdown clock has official been set. The end of “Mozzzz” is near.

"The flowers of solace, comfort and consolation that have arrived at Beechmount - my mother's home for over 30 years, and now, her premature place of rest, are all so Hindu sundar; so beautiful; so expensive; so lavish; so glamorous; so much more than I ever expected that anyone anywhere would bestow on my mother. For my own life I don't care anything, but how my worldwide friends have regarded my mother with such great respect and faithful love is a gift to me that no success, triumphs or riches could match.

I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Morrissey
14 August 2020.

"I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

"...all survive..."?

Or just your xenophobic friends?

Sounds like you’re doing well morrissey, I’m here for you, as always.. as ever.... my one constant, what will be shall always be .... me and you forever.... my love

Why are people so confused by last paragraph? Clearly a reference to the ongoing Covid-paranoia being manipulated and manufactured by politicians and media to prevent any normal life resuming because of a virus that has an IFR in the same range as flu. Long past time for life to return to normal, but they won’t let it, and just keep pushing mass fear, paranoia, and abject submission to face diaper regimes (especially in the USA where the virus has been weaponized for political purposes related to the election).

The real odd thing in his post was the reference to her death being “premature.” I understand he’s grieving, but one can hardly call the death of someone who’s 82 or 83 ”premature” in any reasonable sense of the word.

In regards to the last paragraph, think he was trying to convey that he hopes to see his fans again, that this pandemic/lockdown won’t keep him and his fans apart much longer.

In such a state, he probably hit send without reading what he wrote.
Morrissey, without fans is not morrissey, morrissey not singing live , is not morrissey, we are not alive without morrissey singing alive ....

Why are people so confused by last paragraph? Clearly a reference to the ongoing Covid-paranoia being manipulated and manufactured by politicians and media to prevent any normal life resuming because of a virus that has an IFR in the same range as flu. Long past time for life to return to normal, but they won’t let it, and just keep pushing mass fear, paranoia, and abject submission to face diaper regimes (especially in the USA where the virus has been weaponized for political purposes related to the election).

The real odd thing in his post was the reference to her death being “premature.” I understand he’s grieving, but one can hardly call the death of someone who’s 82 or 83 ”premature” in any reasonable sense of the word.

Why would he be blaming the halls of music & free expression?

& why did Trump manufacture Covid, only to mostly ignore it until America was such a mess that it was damaging his reelection chances?

https://www.verdure.co.uk/

https://www.thenectarbar.co.uk/

The nectar bar. A real florist. Locally grown Manchester flowers. Andrea is delivering mine on Sunday

Why would he be blaming the halls of music & free expression?

& why did Trump manufacture Covid, only to mostly ignore it until America was such a mess that it was damaging his reelection chances?
The wording may have been a bit odd, but I think he clearly meant to indict the forces stuttering the music halls, and those who stifle free speech in the name of political correctness (Not only in general, but in the specific case of the current Covid-panic where unstinting efforts have been made to stifle free debate, opinion, research, and any dissent from the pre-determined Narrative. The role of Big Tech in this stifling has been especially odious).

I have no idea what gave you the bonkers idea that Trump created Covid or that he is responsible for it. The real epidemic and crisis is in the global over-reaction, clearly motivated for nefarious social, economic, and political ends. Trump’s error was in not taking the Swedish route and not firing Fraudci. The “mess” in America is one created not by Covid itself, but by the media and political with their inane and insane reaction to it, and its weaponized use as a means to undermine and defeat Trump. It is starting to backfire on them. And more people are also asking why Biden, clearly suffering from the onset of dimentia, is being kept from media questions and also trying to dodge debates. This is also why the Dems are pushing for mail-in election - much easier for their corrupt machine to manipulate. I have no liking for Trump as president or as a person, but it’s a sad indictment of the state of America that he remains the lesser of two evils again in 2020 as he was in 2016.

Oh... Words seem so irrelevant at times like these, but I only hope that the energy of our love travels around the world and reaches Morrissey, just another loving son crying for his beloved mother.

Do I smell some sitar being played on the next album?

That's what I was thinking! He's reached the bit of the 60s where they all went to India.

It's a good sign that he might be working or at least thinking about it.

Um, this is really a good time to talk about an upcoming album while Moz’s mother is not with us...people call me Insensitive 💀

Anyways, Flowers are sent.

Even now - even now - he can't help being Alex Jones with his 'malicious deceptions'. Just stop.
everyday you spew hate, you’re just as bad or worse than the those breitbart trunpsters. it gets tiresome reading your comments. sell your collection already and move on.

Morrissey
14 August 2020.

You might not care for your life at the moment but, can you feel the love of others who do care! You are surrounded in Love! Always in my thoughts too my Shiva x

For us the death of someone we love, is always "premature",not for the others.
Even she was on 80's .for him is a devastating moment.But i think,maybe,he was comparing with kirk douglas who lived 103 years.I prefer her mother lived that long life than that guy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom