Maladjusted studio?

dailyalice

Frink Squad Member
Does anyone know where Maladjusted was recorded? Thanks.

Hook End, near Reading. Also known as Sarm East.

Same place some bits of Bona Drag and all of Kill Uncle, Vauxhall & I, Southpaw Grammar and a few bits of You Are The Quarry were done. It was his favourite studio for most of the 1990s. Recently Trevor Horn owned it, but don't know if that's still the case?

Take a look at some of the testimonials http://www.hookendstudio.com/...

some left from Deano, Jerry Finn, Alain (I think it's him) and Boz "Always very welcoming at my home from home"

And about 10 pages in (after New Order, Ian Brown and the Charlatans) ... from the man himself :)

Dave

That guest book is so cool.

Wasn't this photo taken at Hook End?

hookend.jpg

Just dawned on me that Gaz must be Gary Day.

No idea who the other person on the page is - Joe Mc-something. Anyone have any idea?

Dave

No idea who the other person on the page is - Joe Mc-something. Anyone have any idea?

Dave
Joe McGrath, engineer on 'Morrissey, You are the Quarry'

Hook End, near Reading. Also known as Sarm East.

Same place some bits of Bona Drag and all of Kill Uncle, Vauxhall & I, Southpaw Grammar and a few bits of You Are The Quarry were done. It was his favourite studio for most of the 1990s. Recently Trevor Horn owned it, but don't know if that's still the case?

Alain says that they recorded all of YATQ there. He doesn't know what songs the sleeve is referred to when it says that some was recorded at Conway in LA.

Does the reissue come with lyrics for the extra songs?

That guest book is so cool.

Wasn't this photo taken at Hook End?

hookend.jpg

Indeed it was :) Take a look at this screen grab, taken from the 'Rest' section of the Hookend website - there is a number of images scrolling, one of which is that window.

I bet that Moz took up the "large master suite with private sitting room".

The Chess set looks like a permanent feature... I doubt that anyone ever plays.

Dave

Dave

I got Gary to sign the back of my Love Life shirt in Tulsa in 06 and he signed it Gaz Man.

Does the reissue come with lyrics for the extra songs?

they(maldjusted and southpaw) have linernotes written by moz and lyrics only to one/two song(s)
. i can provide you with a link to the linernotes if you like

they(maldjusted and southpaw) have linernotes written by moz and lyrics only to one/two song(s)
. i can provide you with a link to the linernotes if you like

That link would be fantastic, thanks.
What I'm looking for are lyrics for the extra tracks in some official format - did Moz choose to capitalize that word? Use a comma? put a space between verses? That kind of thing. (It's a project)

OK, now have a source for "Fantastic Bird" lyrics. And some of the style of the "Maladjusted" lyrics have changed (aaaargh!!!!! Why don't you just change the lyrics themselves when you sing them? Oh, crap, you do! Aaaargh!)
Did the lyrics for the extra tracks show up on the singles they were b-sides on?

I maybe wrong, but assume apart from Japanese edition 'Rare Tracks', other singles do not provide lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom