"Lover-To-Be" red vinyl 45 released today for Record Store Day (13 April, 2019)

47197_i_thought_you_were_dead_bside.jpg

5d6f87fa4c4936bb8f02aced575868d4.jpg

Today sees the release of Lover-To-Be b/w
I Thought You Were Dead 7" red vinyl.

Both tracks were recorded in 2017 as part of the Low In High School sessions (confirmed by Damiano Mazzarella who contributes vocals - via his IG and by the vinyl itself).

With no clear details, it appears there are somewhere between 1000-4000 copies of this record worldwide.
That said: by hook or by crook the B-side will eventually appear here for people to hear.
There have always been decent people here who strive to share rarities and this track won't be an exception.
Even if I have to tunnel through my storage locker to find my turntable.

This year's RSD has a very varied mixture of rarities and the general feeling I just experienced at the midnight opening event I attended was positive and friendly - no tension over the rarer items.

The Bowie stuff went quickly.
I managed to nab a Propaganda box set - The Eight Testaments of Propaganda (not had a ZTT record in a long time),
Lover-To-Be, Lee Scratch Perry 7" (with Boz, Johnny Bridgewood & Woodie Taylor), Clockwork Orange 7", Bowie - Pinups picture disc & Prince 12". Overall, a pretty good haul. There was an eclectic mix of things on offer this year and I'd guess the industry will only offer more of the same next year.
RSD really does appear to have grown in popularity.

I missed out on the great looking Bowie - Just a Gigolo blue vinyl, Bronski Beat pic disc, Art Of Noise, Suede (coming out anyway) and The Fall, but hopefully the Ebay vultures will go easy on me.

I know very few people went record shopping at midnight, but feel free to contribute your successes and regrets if you are participating in RSD today.

Tired & spent out.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
Alternatively, you just screwed the next 9 genuine Morrissey fans who came in the store from being able to buy one at retail price, so now they have to resort to paying over the odds on Ebay. Well done, fella. o_O

What store you talking about? Did you read my post numb nuts, I got them from a friend in Italy, or else he was selling them on Discogs. I’ve shifted all 10 for £12 a piece, not a bean to be made, zero profit.

very good haul,how much all in.
Oh now the spiced rum is kicking in the truth avails ..... “ I couldn’t leave with just 2 singles ( Moz & The Wedding Present) so I had to buy something else” so 2 more Joy Division Vinyls have appeared. That’s on top of the 7 inch Atmosphere picture disc he got from Sweden yesterday, bought for £87 ! But of course they only made 10 of those..... I’ll never be able to retire at this rate.

I was gonna say the exact same thing the other day to those who claim his recent material is on par with his early stuff. If you erase all of Mozzas material pre-2014, and take his last two albums as measuring stick, how many fans would he have. Truth is, most of us are here because of the Smiths & Viva Hate, Vauxhall etc. His past glories have carried him far enough for me, he needs to come with sometime big next time around, or I wouldn’t mind if he retired.
I totally disagree with this statement. I happen to find alot of good tracks from all his lp, EVEN THE LAST TWO which others and I have listed just a few great titles

After hearing the Flac rip...

So good! It's nice to hear this wildly unpredictable bouncy dark song. That's partially why I fell in love with Morrissey. Bouncy dark emotional songs with a wicked or self-deprecating sense of humor.

It's all been, it's all been so nice.

I’m very happy thank you. I said his last TWO albums were atrocious, not “4 or 5”, don’t start making stuff up to suit yourself. I actually like a few of his second phase era LPs, (by that I mean after the Maladjusted hiatus). The one with the Tommy Gun on the cover & the Violin, they’re quite good.
I like the one with the Baby.

The most surprising thing about the physical single is how poor quality the cover photo is - it's so low resolution, that it's blurry as hell - like a blown up screenshot of a Google Image preview, and makes it look like some really cheap bootleg release. I'm amazed whoever was behind the art wasn't able to source a better quality version.

Other than that - it's pretty fab. Love the new B Side.

Record Store Day 2019 - Leftovers

Morrissey
Lover-To-Be Record Store Day 2019 Edition
Vinyl 7" | 2019 / EU – Original | New

£ 10.35

Incl. VAT plus Shipping Costs
In Stock Standard shipping 1-3 business days
Limited Edition 4000 units

www.hhv.de (in Germany nobody cares about M)

641409_2.jpg

Morrissey

£ 10.35

641409_2.jpg
Looks like Germany and UK got all the copies.. wow

Morrissey

£ 10.35

641409_2.jpg

Now showing as sold out...

Record Store Day 2019 - Leftovers Vol. 2

Lover-to-be
Artist(s): Morrissey
Additional Information: CLEAR RED VINYL

EAN/UPC Code: 4050538473117
Item-Number: 4050538473117
Medium: EP (analog)
Genre: RSD 2019
Set Count: 1

Information: Exclusive clear red 7" with unreleased track ' I Thought You Were Dead'.

Limited Record Store Day release. Only limited quantity available. Just 1 copy per order.

Availability: Item immediately available

9,99 EUR

www.dodobeach.de

c91msp9e.j31.200.jpg

PLEASE NOTICE: The availability of a record is referring to our store in Schöneberg. If you want to know whether a record is in stock at Dodo Beach East, please contact us via phone (+49 30 442 800 4) or e-mail to [email protected].

Being a boring type that trawls the Morrissey hashtag on IG, I've seen lots of Record Store Day posts.
Some of the areas where people have reported getting the record:
UK
Germany
Japan
Hawaii
Denmark
France
Spain
Amsterdam
Italy
Ireland
Australia
Without going through them all, it definitely appears there may have been an issue with the US getting stock (or collectors there didn't post on Instagram :) ). I did see one from Texas & California, but very, very few and far between.
Just a cursory look - nothing definitive being asserted.
The one thing I was surprised by in the UK was how early Warners & other reps had supplied shops. I was able to see & handle the Moz disc well before it was due on the shelves and thought it would be the same Stateside.
I hope some stock makes its way there for collectors at some point as Ebay can be vile at times.
Best of luck.
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom