"Louder Than Bombs"...is the bomb

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
Apropos of nothing...

í just listened to this, in fool, loudly.
í think it may just be a perfect record.
í think it's better than "The World Won't Listen".
The sequencing is immaculate {yes, even with "Golden Lights"!}
The most handsome headstone one could wish for.

...Apropos of everything.

Apropos of nothing...

í just listened to this, in fool, loudly.
í think it may just be a perfect record.
í think it's better than "The World Won't Listen".
The sequencing is immaculate {yes, even with "Golden Lights"!}
The most handsome headstone one could wish for.

...Apropos of everything.
I agree with you for once!

It's a little tradition for me to listen to LTB whenever I go on long trips/vacations. "Is It Really So Strange?" is a great kick-off for things like that.

I got this for 3 quid in a bargain bucket,what a bargain.so many great songs on it.

The first time I ever heard the Smiths was this album. A classmate of mine let me borrow it and I was hooked immediately. It will always hold a special place. Immense quality AND quantity ... That's a hard combination to find. I actually thought it was a concept album (like the Wall). I was really into Pink Floyd at the time. But then to find out it was a simply a collection of random tracks blew me away.

The first time I ever heard the Smiths was this album. A classmate of mine let me borrow it and I was hooked immediately. It will always hold a special place. Immense quality AND quantity ... That's a hard combination to find. I actually thought it was a concept album (like the Wall). I was really into Pink Floyd at the time. But then to find out it was a simply a collection of random tracks blew me away.

My first was Hatful...so I'm kinda wedded to that one. Got LTB later, but frankly Mr. Shankly, I love them all.

It's a little tradition for me to listen to LTB whenever I go on long trips/vacations. "Is It Really So Strange?" is a great kick-off for things like that.

Lol just reminded me...I was in the Caribbean on 2 weeks holiday maybe 2 yrs ago (Grenada) & listened to 2 albums on repeat more or less the whole time I was there, Southpaw & Quarry. Never tired of Morrissey accompanying me on those long sun-drenched beach walks in the morning. Good times; great albums.

Back
Top Bottom