Lonely

S

Steve Croce

I'm feeling extremely lonely.

What do YOU do to stave off that ridiculous feeling that no one would miss you if you were gone?

I'm not interested in hearing what you think I should do.

I want to know what YOU do to feel better.

kimjongilteamamerica1.jpg

Obvious things like meeting my friends, family or girlfriend and arranging to do things. If they are busy then I listen to tonnes of music, write, watch new programmes and films, fail to draw, think of vocal melodies, visit shops, hobbies etc. There's plenty of things to do! :)

If its depression then that's different though.

luckily I am a walker, I like to get out and about, even when I was stuck in the desert I just got out there
listened to music a lot of the times and just walked and walked
sometimes met new people this way
I think, for me at least, the key to combating loneliness is doing, not thinking :o

also, I applaud your posting this question and am also interested in other people's answers :straightface:

Write poetry, paint, read, or take a walk down a lovely nature trail in the woods. Of course, my cats never make me feel completely useless...

You could register other user names then log on and have conversations with yourself?

Fighting a feeling that is in itself true, that we do not matter to anyone or anything, is of course ridiculous. Humans have a need to be important to others but when people die no one remembers them for very long. So do not fight a feeling within you that is honest and true, use it instead to get rid of people that steal your time and energy.

I think most cafe's were built just to make this type of people have somewhere to comfort each other. No one matters and no one is important and everyone of us is easily replaceable. I think that is what made Morrissey grab the mic in the first place as he sings about it a lot and he's right.

I go see my horse. It works every single time. Loneliness, anger, sadness, whatever it is, she makes me forget everything instantly.
Animals have that incredible power to make you feel special, they're always happy to see you and they never lie to you.

Louis CK is a genius on this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm feeling extremely lonely.

What do YOU do to stave off that ridiculous feeling that no one would miss you if you were gone?

I'm not interested in hearing what you think I should do.

I want to know what YOU do to feel better.

View attachment 16266

View attachment 16266[/QUOTE]

The two are different, as the former (clinical depression that is) would need some kind medication to balance the brain chemicals

I don't think you would be a Morrissey fan if you didn't feel lonely, but able to admit it on here is commendable, and I for one don't judge you

Even though my life is considerably full and good, I have times when I feel so down I can't think of anything except what it would be like to have the release and freedom of death

I hope you feel better soon

- - - Updated - - -

God! Some people should have been drowned at birth

Last edited by a moderator:
9885922014_1796ba80fc_z.jpg

Pick a page, any page.

(It's 242 pages.)

Thanks for that RB
My long-term oldest most kind and sweetest friend died yesterday after a long illness. It was expected, but later rather than sooner
The devastation I feel is totally cataclysmic and shocking in the extreme and I will never be the same again
The lonliness I feel already is soul destroying, and almost ironic, as death was playing on my mind, but I now know just why
I always valued them, and I'm absolutely gutted, as already miss them so much, words can't describe, and will forever feel lonely without them

Thanks for that RB
My long-term oldest most kind and sweetest friend died yesterday after a long illness. It was expected, but later rather than sooner
The devastation I feel is totally cataclysmic and shocking in the extreme and I will never be the same again
The lonliness I feel already is soul destroying, and almost ironic, as death was playing on my mind, but I now know just why
I always valued them, and I'm absolutely gutted, as already miss them so much, words can't describe, and will forever feel lonely without them

Reelaround, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Stay strong, you will get better.

Back
Top Bottom