"List of the Lost" review at Shocko

Reviews which are just...' opinions' are funny things, neither right or wrong...of worth or not of worth? none can tell,none can say (somehow they/we still do!)... funny review,funny man. Ah, ' the devil will find work for idle hands to do' ....

Does make me want to read it all the more. Thank you, .... Jamie.

Last edited:
Bit cruel about the Fort here. Don't you guys get the riddles in the UK? Doesn't that part always make you feel really smart?

"The worst written character in the text"? You mean, even in such awful literary context, a character is so badly written it stands out ? How is that even possible? Let's be serious. Even if he had wanted to make it so, he couldn't have.

Anyway. "I read M's list of the lost" doesn't answer a very simple question... :

Why? :)
When you could just have watched the telly?
Reading that book was LOTL-level stupid, you must admit.

Entertaining review nonetheless. Thank you.

So. From that gene business, we can conclude that the narrator thinks women make babies by themselves.
The narrator then probably thinks all his genes come from his mummy, and that not even the crap ones come from his daddy. Now that is bizarre. It's like the narrator's daddy never existed. Yet even narrators have a daddy!

About reproduction, it then prolly follows, from the narrator's p.o.v., that if you don't make babies, it's because you're not keen on having male and female mini-replicas of their mother walking around. After all. All things considered.Well yes, it does...

Well well well... Thank God the narrator isn't a real person. Can you imagine the family reunions?

Totally unrelated, wonder how Morrissey's dad is doing these days... (well you'd have to, a bit...)

So. From that gene business, we can conclude that the narrator thinks women make babies by themselves.
The narrator then probably thinks all his genes come from his mummy, and that not even the crap ones come from his daddy. Now that is bizarre. It's like the narrator's daddy never existed. Yet even narrators have a daddy!

About reproduction, it then prolly follows, from the narrator's p.o.v., that if you don't make babies, it's because you're not keen on having male and female mini-replicas of their mother walking around. After all. All things considered.Well yes, it does...

Well well well... Thank God the narrator isn't a real person. Can you imagine the family reunions?

Totally unrelated, wonder how Morrissey's dad is doing these days... (well you'd have to, a bit...)

Haven't read yet. But concerning your concern about 'gene business',etc ... I thought this book is fiction(?) more or less.
Which I suppose means... Anything goes. Rules out the window! :) Surrender to the bizarre!

Last edited:
... Thought this book is fiction(?) more or less.

I don't believe the book itself knows what it is.
If that book could read itself, I bet it wouldn't understand itself.

A little bit of bizarre is good, but really it looks like that book ran away from the asylum to strip naked in public. There's a good chance Batman would call it batshitcrazy. I think one flew over the penguins' nest there, and plans to never return.

I'm just not sure ALL psychopaths are meant to write books.

(Mind you, they're going to publish "Mein Kampf" again, so what do I know.)

I take back what I just wrote. Maybe Penguin editions have a partnership with Care in the Community I'm not fully aware of.

My only criticism would then be, why only famous Mad Men? Shouldn't the random teenager locked in a cupboard in Oklahoma be given visibility as well? Before he grabs a gun and shoots pupils to relieve himself?
Why not every loopy blogger? Why not every forum nutjob?

There's a new job for Russell Brand. Russell!! Start your own publishing Company. ("BonkersBooks". Just a suggestion, free of charge). Make this more democratic! NO. Helping fellow deranged writers with their sex scenes is NOT enough. The whole mad world needs you Russell!

(Plus, there's quite a lot of money to be made...)

I don't believe the book itself knows what it is.
If that book could read itself, I bet it wouldn't understand itself.

A little bit of bizarre is good, but really it looks like that book ran away from the asylum to strip naked in public. There's a good chance Batman would call it batshitcrazy. I think one flew over the penguins' nest there, and plans to never return.

I'm just not sure ALL psychopaths are meant to write books.

(Mind you, they're going to publish "Mein Kampf" again, so what do I know.)

...if this is your review (?) .... THEN I'M SOLD. thank you :thumb:

p.s ...'batshitcrazy' ...is right up my alley!

http://shocko.info/words/2015/10/13/morrissey-list-of-the-lost

Not for the faint of heart if you like the book, but this blogger probably provides the most comprehensive textual analysis of any review thus far.

"You know when you’re climbing up some stairs and you think there’s another step at the top, but there’s not, so your foot lurches back down on the same level unexpectedly, leaving you all spooked and off-balance? That’s what reading Morrissey’s sentences is like."

"After a while you get used to the horror and turning a new page to see two full pages of italics – another rant from another character about exactly the same things – invokes nothing more alarming than the low, impotent frustration of realizing you need to take a shite *just* after you’ve had a shower."

Thank-you, Jamie :D

Great review! Publish it.

The real problem with Democracy is that even Cosmopolitan magazine could hire a pseudo journalist to post a review about List Of The Lost...

The real problem with Democracy is that even Cosmopolitan magazine could hire a pseudo journalist to post a review about List Of The Lost...

Crack at the track? a-shower of stats? this and thats? overages and averages? ONE SENTENCE.

The book is a piece of shit written by a blackout drunk who flew too close to the sun on the heels of praise of Autobiography which at this point seems to have been ghost-written. Get over yourself. Penguin trolled the f*** out of him, he just doesn't see it because he's surrounded by willing PAID enablers telling him he's infallible while he makes an ass of himself.

Crack at the track? a-shower of stats? this and thats? overages and averages? ONE SENTENCE.

The book is a piece of shit written by a blackout drunk who flew too close to the sun on the heels of praise of Autobiography which at this point seems to have been ghost-written. Get over yourself. Penguin trolled the f*** out of him, he just doesn't see it because he's surrounded by willing PAID enablers telling him he's infallible while he makes an ass of himself.

Blah blah blah...
Read an Harlequin instead and leave us alone... I bet if someone asks you who is Gertrude Stein you will answer that it is a german jew lipgloss trademark

I must admit... 'The book is a piece of shit written by a blackout drunk who flew too close to the sun '

is... hilarious.

But the rest ? ... Obviously your love for the MAN up there with Benny and the rest outshines
us all.

NOT.

she can have her say, just like you.

KS an Cicada is the same person with different screen names, its obvious.

CG is right its a right load of steamy bollocks. if only Moz would listen to CG perhaps things wouldnt be going straight south for him instead he has steady snapping sam..

I must admit... 'The book is a piece of shit written by a blackout drunk who flew too close to the sun '

is... hilarious.

But the rest ? ... Obviously your love for the MAN up there with Benny and the rest outshines
us all.

NOT.

Morrissey wouldn't know what love was if it smacked him in the dick with compliments and a record deal. He's a self-absorbed witless shell of a person. He's a coward.

Blah blah blah...
Read an Harlequin instead and leave us alone... I bet if someone asks you who is Gertrude Stein you will answer that it is a german jew lipgloss trademark

Well if I went to Morrissey's School of Literature she'd be summed up as HIS trademark of originality. All are here to represent HIM, they have no other purpose, all poets and artists and beatniks and pre-1979 musicians lived to serve and honor the AWESOMENESS and UNIQUENESS that is Morrissey and MORRISSEY ALONE. His self-obsession knows no bounds.

Marc Bolan would puke.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom