Linder interview in Nude Magazine

Linder – interview with the greatest artist from the punk generation - Louder Than War

Original feature by John Robb, Nude Magazine

Working in all mediums from music, to collage to film to theatre to pure art, Linder Sterling first rose to prominence in 1976 as one of the main players in the fertile and vibrant Manchester punk scene, and helped to define the aesthetic which helped make Manchester the key punk city alongside London. But although her influence on that scene and beyond has been enormous, it often gets overlooked to the extent that she seems to have been consciously written out of Manchester’s musical history. For instance, there is no Linder in Michael Winterbottom’s film of all things Mancunian and musical; 24- Hour Party People. But hopefully, Linder: Works 1976–2006, the recently published and definitive anthology of her artistic output should help to change all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yawn. Oh please, f*** off - you totally self invented pretencious little 'artist'. How true artists must look at you with total pity.You fool.

Yawn. Oh please, f*** off - you totally self invented pretencious little 'artist'. How true artists must look at you with total pity.You fool.

Do I get the impression you don't like her very much?

Belatedly, it has to be said that that's a fantastic, in-depth interview, touching on all manner of things. I was surprised that Linder spent a while intensively body-building. I'd like to get my hands on her book 'Linderworld' one of these days. :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom