Liam Gallagher doesn't rate lyrics like Morrissey does

G

goinghome

Beady Eye frontman Liam Gallagher has conceded that he doesn't consider song lyrics to be that important.

The singer made the revelation during a discussion about the reaction to the band's debut single 'Bring The Light', which was released last month.

“I think it's the best song out on the radio or whenever at the moment,” Gallagher said. “The lyrics might not be up your street, but I'm not Morrissey – lyrics ain't a big thing for me.”

The former Oasis frontman went on to describe Beady Eye's debut album 'Different Gear, Still Speeding' as “amazing”.

He also said he was hopeful that the album, due out next month, would surprise people.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/60501/Beady-Eyes-Liam-Gallagher-Im-No-Morrissey , which includes a video of Liam interviewed.

Why would he when he can't sing?

He may not be Morrissey, but he is one of the better rock stars since Morrissey.
His voice also suit sthe type of songs he sings. You see I would rather have Liam than a Chris martin, M Masnson, or any of the NME boil in a pack indie stars

I love Liam, he has written some great lyrics (Born on a different cloud, I'm Outta Time etc) to the few songs he wrote for Oasis. But Bring The Light is one big pointless song.

in a way this is a compliment of morrissey. Liam is the last true front man

Liam is hilarious, however that being said, I don't think I'd like to
share a plane flight with him.:)

In his essay from 'Why Pamper Life's Complexities?', called 'A Double Bed and a Stalwart Lover for Sure: The Smiths, The Death of Pop and the Not So Hidden Injuries of Class', Colin Coulter includes the observation that:

"With the passage of time, it would become ever more apparent that the boorish and illiterate simulations of someone like Liam Gallagher are a very pale substitute for the timeless wordplay of a genuine working-class autodidact like Steven Patrick Morrissey". :lbf:

Of course he's not Morrissey or even Noel. Although I love Oasis I'm prbetty sure that BE will not be as big as Oasis was. I'll buy their album... But I'm looking forward to Noel's debut solo album.

in a way this is a compliment of morrissey. Liam is the last true front man

Couldnt agree more. Liam is the essential Rock n Roll front man, and one of the best and most iconic front men of all time. Lyrically he's not as good as Noel, but Oasis wouldnt have been half as good without him. Liam did write a few decent songs though.

Off to see Beady Eye in Manchester in a few months :guitar:

Lyrically he's not as good as Noel, but Oasis wouldnt have been half as good without him. Liam did write a few decent songs though.

I wouldn't say Noel is a great lyricist either - he's great at writing random words that stick in the head alright. Mainly he writes a good tune, probably slaps the lyrics on after.

I wouldn't say Noel is a great lyricist either - he's great at writing random words that stick in the head alright. Mainly he writes a good tune, probably slaps the lyrics on after.

A lot of Oasis' songs contain nonsensical lyrics, Noel usually responds to critics by reminding them that so did a lot of The Beatles' songs. "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, what the f*** is that?". Despite his vocabulary at times being limited to the words "shine" and "slide" and anything that rhymes, some of his lyrics are genuinely quite good.

Disclaimer: I'm not comparing Noel Gallagher to John Lennon or Paul McCartney.

A lot of Oasis' songs contain nonsensical lyrics, Noel usually responds to critics by reminding them that so did a lot of The Beatles' songs. "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, what the f*** is that?". Despite his vocabulary at times being limited to the words "shine" and "slide" and anything that rhymes, some of his lyrics are genuinely quite good.

Disclaimer: I'm not comparing Noel Gallagher to John Lennon or Paul McCartney.
on a very base level Morrissey and liam aren't that far removed. Liam isn't really my kind of pop/rock person but at least he isn't too bland and he stands his ground.
I like the way Noel studied the NME and tried to be "with it" and his brother comes along with style and passion and becomes one of the better front men, ever.
Yes, yes Noel is funny but so is Liam, Noel is your typical pub wally type, in his sense of style and what not, where as Liam is more adventurous.
Also, liam is bit of a accidental symbolist

Back
Top Bottom