let`s not forget the musician`s - world peace is none of your buisness

DONKEYDAVE68

VIVAMOZ
world peace is none of your business is an amazing lp, iv`e loved moz since hatful of hollow . but let`s not forget the musician`s that made this amazing lp possible
boz boorer
jesse tobia`s
solomon walker
matt walker
gustavo manzur
the index photo on wpinoyb seem`s to indicate a team , maybe TEAMWORK was implied download.jpg

world peace is none of your business is an amazing lp, iv`e loved moz since hatful of hollow . but let`s not forget the musician`s that made this amazing lp possible
boz boorer
jesse tobia`s
solomon walker
matt walker
gustavo manzur
the index photo on wpinoyb seem`s to indicate a team , maybe TEAMWORK was implied View attachment 32281

Aww, too late, I already forgot two of them.

P.

Too many cooks. Never liked mozzas band, everything down to their image bores me, like a barbershop quintet (or however many there are now).

bass, guitar & drummer would suffice. Enough with the fandango shit, it belongs on a cruise ship.

It's interesting to compare how things have changed. During the first "wilderness period," Mojo did a short interview with Messrs Whyte and Boorer during the Royal Albert Hall/Janice Long 2002 campaign. Boz mentioned submitting a demo of The World Is Full of Crashing Bores with a small piano part, which Morrissey said was "unnecessary." Not two years later, the recorded version comes out with a slew of piano and he begins to tour with a keyboard player. He has done since and both Farrell and Manzur clearly created a series of new sonic opportunities. When he did the first gigs of 2004, it was sheer cognitive dissonance to even imagine a keyboard riser on stage with Morrissey. But he clearly is not intending to go back to a two guitars/bass/drums model.

I do find it amusing, though, when the band plays an older Smiths or Morrissey number that doesn't require keys, doesn't contain a part that can replicated/mimicked on keys, or doesn't have a brass part added and the player is reduced to supplying extraneous percussion/acoustic guitar just to give him something to do.

It's interesting to compare how things have changed. During the first "wilderness period," Mojo did a short interview with Messrs Whyte and Boorer during the Royal Albert Hall/Janice Long 2002 campaign. Boz mentioned submitting a demo of The World Is Full of Crashing Bores with a small piano part, which Morrissey said was "unnecessary." Not two years later, the recorded version comes out with a slew of piano and he begins to tour with a keyboard player. He has done since and both Farrell and Manzur clearly created a series of new sonic opportunities. When he did the first gigs of 2004, it was sheer cognitive dissonance to even imagine a keyboard riser on stage with Morrissey. But he clearly is not intending to go back to a two guitars/bass/drums model.

I do find it amusing, though, when the band plays an older Smiths or Morrissey number that doesn't require keys, doesn't contain a part that can replicated/mimicked on keys, or doesn't have a brass part added and the player is reduced to supplying extraneous percussion/acoustic guitar just to give him something to do.

Sounds more like Boz's job the last handful of tours...you barely hear him in the mix. It reminds me of Elvis playing a guitar that isn't even plugged into anything.

Sounds more like Boz's job the last handful of tours...you barely hear him in the mix. It reminds me of Elvis playing a guitar that isn't even plugged into anything.

It is strange how much acoustic guitar he has played the last decade. I figured he would take back the lead guitar reins when Alain left. Of course, many wish he had...

It is strange how much acoustic guitar he has played the last decade. I figured he would take back the lead guitar reins when Alain left. Of course, many wish he had...

The dynamics of the band have always been a bit strange.

During the 'Kill Uncle' & 'Arsenal' tours, essentially Boz was the lead guitarist and Alain was rhythm.
Then, for the remainder of the time Alain was with the band, Boz and Alain traded between lead and rhythm.
Then enter the percussion position in 2004 and the guitars start to dominate the sound much less.
Then enter Jesse Tobias and Boz becomes almost solely an acoustic rhythm player.

It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Tags
morrissey viva moz wpinoyb
Back
Top Bottom