Leeds

I accept that for some mad reason he loves aggro & being contrary. But I wish he'd do slightly more to get the haters in the press off his back. It's ridiculous that he gets monstered for things that he has almost nothing to do with.

LOL, I had a strange yet random thought in connection with this the other day...just slipped into my mind for some mad reason...Moz is not too dissimilar to someone else...he who shall not be mentioned who drops a bomb, sits back, then watches all the shit fly about...(& sometimes it even gets to 30+ pages of posts!!) ;) The connection is both ironic & hilarious when they have feet in opposing camps.
In our different ways we are the same.

That’s being kind, sir. There’s been some atrocious ones.
Can’t stand the Damien Dempsey love in.
PJ Harvey, Franz Ferdinand and Anna Calvi spring to mind as his better support acts in the last 20 years. All seemingly for just one or two gigs.
Cant imagine anyone would be willing to support him in the UK now due to his toxic brand. Well maybe Skrewdriver and Half a Shilling from Phoenix Nights?
Hope those of you fortunate enough to get tickets enjoy the concert. Should be plenty of room

PJ Harvey, Franz Ferdinand and Anna Calvi spring to mind as his better support acts in the last 20 years. All seemingly for just one or two gigs.
Cant imagine anyone would be willing to support him in the UK now due to his toxic brand. Well maybe Skrewdriver and Half a Shilling from Phoenix Nights?
Hope those of you fortunate enough to get tickets enjoy the concert. Should be plenty of room
Morrissey's video support is better than any current band. How can you beat the Sex Pistols and New York Dolls?

Skrewdriver however...

ha ha

Last edited:
Maybe we should have a thread about these attendance figures for Leeds tonight, so that people can put their metaphorical money where there mouth is? Afterwards they can have the plaudits, or face their own embarrassment

Can someone with brains set one up using various parameters, something like:

1-5k
5-6k
6-7k
7-8k
8k+

You'll need to place a follow up post indicating what/how you voted though, so as to avoid cheating or accusations thereof.

@Thewlis if you're about, you're good at this type of thing...

Maybe we should have a thread about these attendance figures for Leeds tonight, so that people can put their metaphorical money where there mouth is? Afterwards they can have the plaudits, or face their own embarrassment

Can someone with brains set one up using various parameters, something like:

1-5k
5-6k
6-7k
7-8k
8k+

You'll need to place a follow up post indicating whay you voted though, so as to avoid cheating or accusations thereof.

@Thewlis if you're about, you're good at this type of thing...
Yes, sounds like a good idea. But how will we know? I can say 8,500 but some of the usual suspects will say it was only 6,100.
Anyway, I think it will be around 8K tonight and about 10K for Wembley.
Paris is sold out with 2,5K and Cologne will be 3,5K. I will be there myself so I will count each and everyone ;)

The irritation of the bad press is outweighed by an inner need. Moz enjoyed something of a 'resurrection' when after a few years in the wilderness he released 'I am the Quarry'. Suddenly the public loved him, the press loved him and celebrities were wearing his t-shirt and gushing over him. Even the NME forgave him and the Guardian were probably even praiseworthy (maybe I'm going a bit too far there).

Moz was suddenly 'in' - he was fashionable. His status had reached national darling, a classic British institution who you were not only allowed but encouraged to like. But ultimately Moz was unhappy occupying this throne. So he had to revolt in the only way he knew how. His wit and opinions. He turned on the tap. Then when the scolding came forth he was again happy.

This is Morrissey's preferred place in the scheme of things. A man with an adoring fan base drowned out by a background of haters. This was the ground where The Smiths stood back in the 80s before they were rewritten into pop history as one of the big 80s bands that everyone loved. In reality they had a devoted but relatively small fanbase, would only ever pop briefly into the charts and out again, and were never played on the radio. They existed in a world that was more interested in Dire Straits and Level 42. Overall, they were despised.

This is the setting that Morrissey prefers. Being hated by the masses, while an outspoken hero to the outsiders who understand him implicitly.

yeah - that's true.

But I wish hacks were smart enough to write THAT about him, rather than these endless dimwitted lists of Moz's crimes. He's much more interesting than the cut n paste hatchet jobs.

And he is getting older & I think these fights are distracting him from what he's really great at - disturbed ambiguity & sweet sorrow.

Also it's a crime that a cover as pretty as this has been heard by practically no one.

Well I'm thinking that people will vote for one of the % parameters, then post a thread response saying 'I voted 8k' for example...

Edit: I see what you mean...well I'm thinking we won't actually know the answer until after the gig...aren't official attendance figures shown/published anywhere these days?

Plus with it being a poll/vote, it won't get abused by anons either, will it?

Last edited by a moderator:
In the absence of a poll, as @Thewlis has buggered off...in line with suggested paramenters, in respect of attendance at Leeds tonight, I'm going for:

8k+

we can work on finding official figures post-event.

What’s the capacity? The entire top row is closed off isn’t it?

In the absence of a poll, as Thewlis has buggered off...in line with suggested paramenters, in respect of attendance at Leeds tonight, I'm going for:

8k+

we can work on finding official figures post-event.

4100 (tops)

Some poor choices for opening bands. I always enjoyed the films,
and sometimes I go to the shows just to watch the videos then leave before
Moz comes on stage.

:p

Tags
leeds
Back
Top Bottom