Bonaparte Shandy

From TicketMaster

Doors: 18:00
Film: 20:00 - 20:40
Morrissey: 20:40
Curfew: 23:00

There will be no support act on the night

Lots of tickets left!

Mr Shandy and myself will be enjoying a vindaloo in the (very good) Indian restaurant behind the venue.

Why are the doors opening so early, if there’s no support act?

The band didn't spend many days together rehearsing . It will be the usual old songs all over again...

We are expected to watch a film. It's probably 40 minutes of animals being slaughtered.

Why are the doors opening so early, if there’s no support act?

It's also so the venue can sell as much overpriced alcohol as possible, and the security checks will be thorough and slow in order to try to prevent protesters with banners, etc...

Ah, yes: security. I most contact the venue to check if Mr Shandy's hemmaroid cushion is on any list of prohibited articles

I hope someone takes some photos of the audience including those empty blocked off sections. It'll be interesting to see how badly, or not, ticket sales were.

We are expected to watch a film. It's probably 40 minutes of animals being slaughtered.
It's a selection of primarily music based clips chosen by Morrissey. His influences etc. Always interesting and it has evolved over the years. Worth seeing. Seasoned Moz goers love it and we all look forward to the usual final clip which will signify the start of the gig!

It's a selection of primarily music based clips chosen by Morrissey. His influences etc. Always interesting and it has evolved over the years. Worth seeing. Seasoned Moz goers love it and we all look forward to the usual final clip which will signify the start of the gig!

Not sure seasoned Moz goers love it, after 8 gigs i have attended where it was used I got to the point where I was sick to death of it and didn't enter the concert floor until it was virtually finished. I much preferred it when there were proper supports like PJ Harvey in 2004, saying that, there have also been some shit supports over the years.

Not sure seasoned Moz goers love it, after 8 gigs i have attended where it was used I got to the point where I was sick to death of it and didn't enter the concert floor until it was virtually finished. I much preferred it when there were proper supports like PJ Harvey in 2004, saying that, there have also been some shit supports over the years.

I also can't imagine any bands even wanting to be on the same bill in the UK at the moment, given the (justified or not, depending on one's point of view) hounding they'd then get from the Guardian et al...

That’s being kind, sir. There’s been some atrocious ones.
Can’t stand the Damien Dempsey love in.

We don't know that Morrissey has always (or has ever) chosen these images. I suspect a certain SER has had a hand in the most recent productions.
Seasoned Moz goers in my experience maybe take a peek once or twice but usually enter the main area when the 'film' has concluded. I can't say any of these 'films' has been worth paying for and I'd rather have a suppport band (good or bad).

Playing Imperfect List before coming on stage was always a winner for me no matter how many times I experienced it and I experienced it a lot!

I also can't imagine any bands even wanting to be on the same bill in the UK at the moment, given the (justified or not, depending on one's point of view) hounding they'd then get from the Guardian et al...

If they had any guts they could easily counter it - the real problem is that no one is looking past the bad publicity Moz has had, and Moz is doing nothing about his bad publicity.

Both Elbow & Teenage Fanclub contain members who are that other great social evil - TERFS (transphobes).

Boy George, Alison Moyet, Marc Almond - all denounced as transphobes.

But they're out there, able to network & mitigate or explain their case. Moz isn't.

If they had any guts they could easily counter it - the real problem is that no one is looking past the bad publicity Moz has had, and Moz is doing nothing about his bad publicity.

Both Elbow & Teenage Fanclub contain members who are that other great social evil - TERFS (transphobes).

Boy George, Alison Moyet, Marc Almond - all denounced as transphobes.

But they're out there, able to network & mitigate or explain their case. Moz isn't.

Moz is probably CBA - (Can't Be Arsed) with all the nonsense anyway. Good on him. Keep clear.

Mr Shandy and myself both hold views that could easily interpreted by young folk as 'transphobic' so we are, I suppose. 'terfs'. And to be frank, we're both enormously relaxed about it.

He may be arsed tonight when he walks out on stage to at best a 50% filled arena?

LOL, you never give up do you? Tonight will be what it will...he'll know the numbers already Surface, much better than you or I....& whatever the numbers everyone will have a great time, which is more important really.

Moz is probably CBA - (Can't Be Arsed) with all the nonsense anyway. Good on him. Keep clear.

'Rejection is one thing, but rejection from a fool is cruel... '

Lots of fools rejecting him these days (for crimes against identity politics that half of them are committing). :ahhh: :)

Tags
leeds
Back
Top Bottom