Leak 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' here

heard smiler with knife and staircase, and already I like them more then
nearly everything off the last three albums... (and the really bad last three songs released - its SO much better here)
kiss me a lot is ok, I think, but Im happy that the tone changed so much,
and cant wait to hear the rest....

smiler reminds me of "Michaels Bones" and I really like that kind...
staircase has very good melodies, at first listen, something I havent felt with morrisseys songs for a while,
and, most important, I like the music here, and I really couldnt stand it lately (the rock-thing)
Oboe Concerto really is a bit disco dancer, so: great!

Last edited:
Well Well, here we have it. I think Morrissey and the lads should be very proud with these songs. I think they all stand up, some excellent lyrics (if very direct) and the music is much better than I think many of us could have dreamed of. Personally the best tracks are...I'm Not a man, Kiss me a lot, One of our own, Staircase and Julie in the Weeds,

A fantastic day to be a Morrissey fan

Will we ever see proper studio recordings of The Kid's a Looker, People Are the Same Everywhere and Action is my Middle Name or are those live studio b-sides the best we'll get?

Those songs are garbage compared to the new material. Good riddance.

I really hope Morrissey will release "kiss me a lot" as a single. It should be a massive hit, it's the catchiest, poppiest song he's ever done.
The production on this record is just superb, best in any Morrissey album, probably. There are lots of arrangements and small details that make it sound very different and special; fantastic, indeed.
As for the album, I totally love it. And the extra tracks, which I don't really consider part of the album but b-sides, are really good too, some of them in fact better than some on the album.

Last edited:
I reckon that the bonus tracks resemble what was clawed from the 2011 sessions when Moz was sans record deal; I think Moz said just before the announcement of WPINOYB and he said that Kids a Looker, etc would now only be heard on Youtube and would not be recorded. I'm personally glad that Scandinavia and Art-Hounds were resurrected, but if you think about it, the bonus tracks plus the three missing in action songs from 2011 almost represent a full album on their own.

I liked Action is my Middle Name a lot, the other two not so much. Kids a Looker in particular seemed to represent a sketch of a song rather than a full track. It needed a lyrical boot up the arse.

I hope the songs will be given the studio treatment anyhow, more because I'm a completist. Plus, if there was a full album's worth of material that was trashed when the deal with Harvest came together, I would like to hear this!

Morrissey's album has leaked!

The Deluxe Edition of Morrissey's new album "World Peace Is None of Your Business" has leaked. I got the information from the hasitleaked.com website and the album is indeed available to download (exystence, papa pirata, soulseek).

And it's a fantastic album too, I might just add ;)

Those songs are garbage compared to the new material. Good riddance.

I absolutely second this.

On another garbage note, past production is also trash compared to this LP. Outstanding producing. Take a bow, Joe C.

I've listened all the way through four times now, and I can already tell this is going to become one of my favorite albums. It is marvelous. The four previously released tracks sound much better in context—especially "Istanbul."

Further thoughts to come, but does anyone else get a hint of John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" in "Forgive Someone"? Maybe it's just the phrasing...

I am totally in love with "kiss me a lot", I just can't stop singing it.

Least favorite tracks: "I am a man" and "Mountjoy", personally I would have swapped those two with "Drag the river" and "Art Hounds" or any other of the extra tracks.

I really hope Morrissey will release "kiss me a lot" as a single. It should be a massive hit, it's the catchiest, poppiest song he's ever done.
The production on this record is just superb, best in any Morrissey album, probably. There are lots of arrangements and small details that make it sound very different and special; fantastic, indeed.
As for the album, I totally love it. And the extra tracks, which I don't really consider part of the album but b-sides, are really good too, some of them in fact better than some on the album.

It was the standout track for me, the harmonies, language, complexities...as I mentioned before, if only he'd ditch the F to E7 at the end of the line, it would be up there with I Am Hated For Loving for me.

P.

It was the standout track for me, the harmonies, language, complexities...as I mentioned before, if only he'd ditch the F to E7 at the end of the line, it would be up there with I Am Hated For Loving for me.

P.

Can you explain the F to E7 thing to me?

Can somebody help me? I d/l'ed a zip file copy. I have win zip to unzip the files. Can somebody tell me how I unzip them now?
Or is there a better way to do this? I am not listening to it now, I just want to have accessible files. Thanks!

Can you explain the F to E7 thing to me?

Well, it's just the playing of an F chord, which generally implies incompletion, finishing on the E chord, one fret down at the bottom of the guitar, in the 7th variety, implying something coming up...it's a method used a lot by Boz and Morrissey, like in That's How People Grow Up, Kiss Me A Lot, and several others I can't quite bring to mind at the moment. Usually occurs at the end of a chorus, such as it is, before launching into another verse.

P.

Will we ever see proper studio recordings of The Kid's a Looker, People Are the Same Everywhere and Action is my Middle Name or are those live studio b-sides the best we'll get?

I wonder this too!

Action is my Middle Name has a certain charm to it, and may come in use as a future b-side should Morrissey ever decide to release any more proper singles. The other two should be buried in a deep pit and never spoken of again.

Last edited:

Asked no-one, nowhere, ever.

(obviously with the benefit of hindsight)

Back
Top Bottom