Knitted dolls by The Cat's Mother featured on Boing Boing, Consequence of Sound

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Re: For your christmas list?

For the 'sycopants/enablers' to feign intercourse with, and the 'haters' to stick pins in.
Delightful
:lbf:

Pleasant surprise? It's a nightmare! As far as the online press is concerned, I run a business, I have dolls for sale immediately, I accept orders..... none of which is true!

I'm just one geeky fan with arthritic hands who enjoys making dolls as and when I get the urge to knit and sew. Often, I make them as gifts but because so many people ask me, I try to have a doll or three up for sale.

I stopped counting the emails at the 200 mark. I really hope this fuss dies down soon. :(

Sorry. Jeez.

Pleasant surprise? It's a nightmare! As far as the online press is concerned, I run a business, I have dolls for sale immediately, I accept orders..... none of which is true!

I'm just one geeky fan with arthritic hands who enjoys making dolls as and when I get the urge to knit and sew. Often, I make them as gifts but because so many people ask me, I try to have a doll or three up for sale.

I stopped counting the emails at the 200 mark. I really hope this fuss dies down soon. :(

Yikes! My sympathies. I can't even imagine the state of your inbox. I've received close to 100 emails/PMs from people telling me about your (awesome) dolls these past few days, and they're not even mine! Maybe it's time for an autoresponder? (Or just drink, haha.)

Yes, the email's set to auto-response until further notice. I was asked to do interviews and had the NME after me wanting bigger photos! Utterly bizarre. Still, I have a crate of real ale so I must be due a comforting bevvy. Cheers!

sorry to hear about the unwanted attention your getting and how much it must suck for a person who just wants to be left alone to knit. having someone saying a bunch of lies about you for sure must hurt. have you ever sent one to moz. he might like it publicly if doesnt think its trying to make money off of him and his likeness. that must suck now that i think about it. having your hero think your doing something bad to him when your not. id say a written one time response to media with the factual truth might help you

cool. hope its going better for ya. yeah i really hate grammar and dont really proof read anything and just dont care about embarrassment. it doesnt seem worth the effort to make sure that everything is spelled correctly or not to me unless its for something official etc. i post here and anywhere more as distraction while i do other things in the room like entertain or watch or write. hope your not offended or anything. i do remember a guy saying moz showed up in his mailbox the other day and i assumed he meant one of you dolls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom