kim gordon+thurston moore divorce , sonic youth future uncertain

sistasheila

tjekket
one of my fave bands. saw them first 1998 .the last date i saw was when they performed the entire daydream nation album

i hope they do keep on making muwsic they are quite a lot of bandsmembers who split up but did continue making music: moloko, rilo kiley etc

http://www.examiner.com/music-news-...on-split-marriage-officially-not-a-kool-thing

(...)
Matador Records, the band’s label, issued a statement late Friday evening saying: "Musicians Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore, married in 1984, are announcing they have separated. Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November. Plans beyond that tour are uncertain. The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."

After 27 years of marriage, the ones you thought were gonna make it to death do we part, Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon - half the driving force of Sonic Youth - announced plans to divorce. Really? Can't you just pretend to keep it together until after the holidays? Steve Jobs just died, R.E.M confirmed they're never making music together again and... I mean.. Have you turned on the news lately? Let me get this straight. Thurston and Kim get a divorce but Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed decide to give it a go? C'mon!!!

Matador Records, the band’s label, issued a statement late Friday evening saying: "Musicians Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore, married in 1984, are announcing they have separated. Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November. Plans beyond that tour are uncertain. The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."

The couple have one daughter, 17-year old Coco Hayley who resides in Western Massachusetts.
Advertisement

In a 2008 Spin interview, Moore responds to a questions about his marriage wanting to know what the secret was?

“There's no secret. We've never sold each other out on anything. I can easily follow the allure of wanting to go out and be with the boys, and play industrial noise and smoke pot and drink, but nothing replaces the reality of our relationship. I can't trade that for anything.

"I can't think of how or where I'd be without Kim's influence. And we're like any couple that's been together for close to 30 years. There's a genuine psychophysical connection. Sometimes I feel things happening in me, and I know that something's going on with her. When you're married and you have that kind of connection, you become really spiritually, psychologically connected. We grew up together, in a way.”

SY upcoming dates:

11-05 Buenos Aires, Argentina - Personal Fest 2011
11-08 Montevideo, Uruguay - Festival Primavera
11-10 Lima, Peru - Explanda Monumental
11-13 Santiago, Chile - Maquinaria Festival
11-14 Sao Paulo, Brazil - SWU Music and Arts Festival

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom