Kill Uncle 2013 remaster on vinyl?

Vivi-Music

Hi,

I've recently took more time to enjoy Morrissey's solo work and been pleasantly surprised. One of the albums I've really taken a shine to is the 2013 arrangement of Kill Uncle (Apparently one of his lesser praised works... oh well). I see the original release has Asian Rut as Track 02 & I just feel that the order of the 2013 release flows much better, so while I would like Kill Uncle on Vinyl I much prefer the 2013 Tracklisting.

So... does a Vinyl version of the 2013 actually exist? I felt this would be the place to ask :)

I've found a listing on Discogs but I've not been able to find anything else about it anywhere.
1608975996674.png

If anyone owns this or knows more about it please let me know :)

@Vivi-Music

TTY announcement via wayback:

Released everywhere as gatefold vinyl.
It's not impossible to find, but prices have gone up. The Bill Inglot version is worth owning IMHO.
Diligent Ebay checking and the such will get you a copy eventually.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for the swift response!

I'll be sure to keep a look out from now on! Just glad to know it exists, as I've barely been able to find much on it at all within the last few weeks.

Thanks for the swift response!

I'll be sure to keep a look out from now on! Just glad to know it exists, as I've barely been able to find much on it at all within the last few weeks.
Merry Christmas.
There are a few copies available on amazon.com, up from 110 dollars which is around 90 euros at the moment. So, according to discogs it was a limited edition, maybe that's another reason why it is difficult to get hold of a copy.
In this 2013 review by the New Yorker, Kill Uncle is called "an archetypal wet-dog record", in line with other great ones like Bob Dylan's "Self-Portrait", e.g.

And yet, “Kill Uncle” is one of my two favorite Morrissey albums. (The other, “Your Arsenal,” is a consensus pick.) Why? Well, “Kill Uncle” is a fine example of what I like to call a wet-dog record. You have to bring it in out of the rain. It smells funny. But after a while, you find yourself feeling an uncommonly strong affection for it. Part of the reason is how “Kill Uncle,” with its imperfections, exposes more of Morrissey’s personality than other releases—or, rather, has more unfortunate protrusions and flat spots and thus a more interesting texture.
Morrissey’s “Kill Uncle” and the Wet-Dog-Record Theory

So, to answer your question, it seems to exist.

After Warner had bought EMI/Parlophone in 2013 they decided to repress a lot of the recent reissues and releases on vinyl and CD (Bona Drag (20th Anniversary redesigned edition), Very Best Of Morrissey, Viva Hate (Remastered)) on the Parlophone label. You can identify the represses by the fact that all mentions of EMI in the credits have been removed and been replaced by Parlophone instead. The remastered Kill Uncle however was (as far as I know) never reissued by Warner on vinyl, just CD. So it’s a bit trickier to find the remastered Kill Uncle on that format compared to the other above mentioned releases.

In the Uk, it was released 3 times on vinyl
The original pressing in 91. A reissue on Parlophone in 95 (the rarest of the 3) and the above release mentioned by the OP. Up until recently, plenty could be found on eBay but, they seem to have dried up.

Hi,

I've recently took more time to enjoy Morrissey's solo work and been pleasantly surprised. One of the albums I've really taken a shine to is the 2013 arrangement of Kill Uncle (Apparently one of his lesser praised works... oh well). I see the original release has Asian Rut as Track 02 & I just feel that the order of the 2013 release flows much better, so while I would like Kill Uncle on Vinyl I much prefer the 2013 Tracklisting.

So... does a Vinyl version of the 2013 actually exist? I felt this would be the place to ask :)

I've found a listing on Discogs but I've not been able to find anything else about it anywhere.
View attachment 67010
If anyone owns this or knows more about it please let me know :)

I have a copy. Are you in the UK? I plan on selling my collection...

Back
Top Bottom