Morrissey Central "Just Yesterday" (October 9, 2020)

Bram_sg5yia.jpg

"With my staff night and day

I strike the ground - my mother's highway

and I say, "oh, mother dear, let me in … "

-CHAUCER

Regards,
FWD.

Mother and Child

BY LOUISE GLÜCK

We’re all dreamers; we don’t know who we are.

Some machine made us; machine of the world, the constricting family.

Then back to the world, polished by soft whips.

We dream; we don’t remember.

Machine of the family: dark fur, forests of the mother’s body.

Machine of the mother: white city inside her.

And before that: earth and water.

Moss between rocks, pieces of leaves and grass.

And before, cells in a great darkness.

And before that, the veiled world.

This is why you were born: to silence me.

Cells of my mother and father, it is your turn

to be pivotal, to be the masterpiece.

I improvised; I never remembered.

Now it’s your turn to be driven;

you’re the one who demands to know:

Why do I suffer? Why am I ignorant?

Cells in a great darkness. Some machine made us;

it is your turn to address it, to go back asking

what am I for? What am I for?

"Mother and Child" from The Seven Ages by Louise Glück.

I'm guessing early 70s?
Yes, I reckon so because according to Autobiog: "In the mid-1970s my parents would quietly divorce..."

Very early 70s seems about right. He looks 11-12 years old here, probably pre-T-Rex initiation 😉

Morrissey said his parents got divorced when he was 17, although that clashes a bit with Peter's recollections cited by Rogan (basically, they separated in late 1976 but didn't get a divorce until a couple of years later).

Same outfit.
cbf646b549edeaa86bded39256c4096d.jpg

To me what's odd, is that in this photo, Moz 'then' resembles how he looks now, which I know sounds a bit daft because he's much older, but the features are clearly still there, and if you were to look at a pic of Moz, say from the height of his career, you'd have to look really hard to see if it was the same person. He must have 'leaned' out quite a bit and now he not so lean. Interesting.

View attachment 59871

That's exactly what I was thinking! Seriously. As soon as I looked at the photo I recognised 'modern day Moz' but that kid is unrecognisable as the lead singer of The Smiths.

Very early 70s seems about right. He looks 11-12 years old here, probably pre-T-Rex initiation 😉

Morrissey said his parents got divorced when he was 17, although that clashes a bit with Peter's recollections cited by Rogan (basically, they separated in late 1976 but didn't get a divorce until a couple of years later).
Depends on grounds for divorce. If based on separation alone then even as of today, as far as I know, it's still a 2 year period before decree absolute.
These things take time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photo. I hope Moz feels better soon. It is good that he is talking about his loss.

I reckon I like the photos taken at the house the California Son was born in the San Fernando Valley and reckon if you think this is not a house in Moz Angeles, all these pics posted on MC have one thing in common....BRIGHT CALIFORNIA SUNSHINE, bikinis, and warm winter days outdoors. I reckon it looks like the California Son Junior is inheriting the California Grandma's house. The California Son's parents never got divorced. Pete still lives in LA, but stays completely out of the Hollywood limelight. The divorce lie was just something made up by a Protestant journalist in Brittin in the 80's and the California Son never addressed it. The original backyard is still the same from the 70's c*** tit twat fark arse inn nn nnnn n nnnnn n it.

sam football 2.gif

Sam Hollywood.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on grounds for divorce. If based on separation alone then even as of today, as far as I know, it's still a 2 year period before decree absolute.
These things take time.

Yes, judging by the way the story was told it seemed like it was by choice though.

I remember that brief scene in EIM where his Dad walks out the house with his bag of belongings over his shoulder...or something along those lines.

Yes, judging by the way the story was told it seemed like it was by choice though.

I reckon his parents never divorced. They opened Morrissey's Catholic Books and Gifts in 1957 when they emigrated to LA. The California Son's family tried everything except for wasting their time suing with their high powered Beverly Hills attorneys to not have EIM released. You people are so lost. Stop trying to make him like you, like a depressed delusional Brittish Protestant on a rainy day drinking greaseball tea. He has duped you for years and even at 61, he still does. The California Son and his family are strict Roman Catholics dumbasses innnn n nnnnn nnn nnnn it. Fark Arse.

nancy priest steve.jpg

morrissey catholic.jpg

I reckon his parents never divorced. They opened Morrissey's Catholic Books and Gifts in 1957 when they emigrated to LA. The California Son's family tried everything except for wasting their time suing with their high powered Beverly Hills attorneys to not have EIM released. You people are so lost. Stop trying to make him like you, like a depressed delusional Brittish Protestant on a rainy day drinking greaseball tea. He has duped you for years and even at 61, he still does. The California Son and his family are strict Roman Catholics dumbasses innnn n nnnnn nnn nnnn it. Fark Arse.

View attachment 59875

View attachment 59876

You are a really weird person but kind of funny.

I remember that brief scene in EIM where his Dad walks out the house with his suitcase of belongings.
His dad looks like a real hard man .... like on of those Irish blokes that frequent any Irish bar in any city or town.... the type that still has a quiff , starts drinking at 10 am and doesn’t take any shit from anyone.....

His dad looks like a real hard man .... like on of those Irish blokes that frequent any Irish bar in any city or town.... the type that still has a quiff , starts drinking at 10 am and doesn’t take any shit from anyone.....

I've never met him but Morrissey kind of seems like he could be a real hard man.

I don't think you ever heal after loosing a loved one. You kind of get used to it, you might cry less, but you never loose the sense of emptiness. If putting things online helps him, well, why not?! He wouldn't be the first one to do so. Being famous doesn't make him less human.
grave copy.jpeg

View attachment 59875

View attachment 59876

Are you the Rangers fan? And are you also the Melvis one?

First time he shares a foto of his dad? Reconnected, after the passing of his mother?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom