Just for fun

Macbeth obviously,
one can sing live fantastically and the other is Madonna.

Morrissey or Madonna?
Stop watching the news
Because the news contrives to frighten you
To make you feel small and alone
To make you feel that your mind isn't your own

Morrissey or Madonna?
It's the Enlightenment that started it all
The Founding Fathers wrote it down on the wall
And now the media's misleading us all
Turned right into wrong

Morrissey or Madonna?
Everybody knows the damn truth
Our nation lied, we lost respect
When we wake up, what can we do?
Get the kids ready, take them to school
Everybody knows they don't have a chance
To get a decent job, to have a normal life

Morrissey or Madonna?
And all of my friends are in trouble
They're sorry, they're sick, and they know
All of my friends are in trouble
But there's no need to go into that now

La da da, la da da, la da da
Of princes and kings and their costly parade

Morrissey or Madonna?
I want to kiss you in Paris
I want to hold your hand in Rome
You put this in me
So now what, so now what?
Wanting, needing, waiting
For you to justify my love (my love)
Kiss me, that's right, kiss me

Morrissey or Madonna?
Bastille mausoleum
Stockyard, churchyard
Your mammy's backyard
I don't care when or where
I just care that you're there
And that you will
Kiss me a lot, kiss me a lot
Kiss me all over my face
Kiss me all over the place
Kiss me all over and then when you've kissed me
Kiss me all over again

Morrissey or Madonna?
There are tanks on the street attacking free speech
We must pay for what we believe
We must be killed for what we believe?

Morrissey or Madonna?
Did you see the headlines?
Did you see the grablines?
Did you see the nerve gassed children crying?
Did you see the sad rich hunting down, shooting down elephants and lions?

Morrissey or Madonna?
Cause your world is such a shame
'Cause your world's obsessed with fame
'Cause your world's in so much pain
'Cause your world is, 'cause your world is
Up in flames

I like "Stay" by Rihanna better.

My favorite Rihanna hit:
4ED78DA2-38F0-464A-86F3-F1AAABF72059.jpeg

Good examples!

So many artists have been influenced by Morrissey.

:thumb:

Morrissey or Madonna?
Stop watching the news
Because the news contrives to frighten you
To make you feel small and alone
To make you feel that your mind isn't your own

Morrissey or Madonna?
It's the Enlightenment that started it all
The Founding Fathers wrote it down on the wall
And now the media's misleading us all
Turned right into wrong

Morrissey or Madonna?
Everybody knows the damn truth
Our nation lied, we lost respect
When we wake up, what can we do?
Get the kids ready, take them to school
Everybody knows they don't have a chance
To get a decent job, to have a normal life

Morrissey or Madonna?
And all of my friends are in trouble
They're sorry, they're sick, and they know
All of my friends are in trouble
But there's no need to go into that now

La da da, la da da, la da da
Of princes and kings and their costly parade

Morrissey or Madonna?
I want to kiss you in Paris
I want to hold your hand in Rome
You put this in me
So now what, so now what?
Wanting, needing, waiting
For you to justify my love (my love)
Kiss me, that's right, kiss me

Morrissey or Madonna?
Bastille mausoleum
Stockyard, churchyard
Your mammy's backyard
I don't care when or where
I just care that you're there
And that you will
Kiss me all over my face
Kiss me all over the place
Kiss me all over and then when you've kissed me
Kiss me all over again

Morrissey or Madonna?
There are tanks on the street attacking free speech
We must be killed for what we believe?

Morrissey or Madonna?
Did you see the headlines?
Did you see the grablines?
Did you see the nerve gassed children crying?
Did you see the sad rich hunting down, shooting down elephants and lions?

Morrissey or Madonna?
Cause your world is such a shame
'Cause your world's obsessed with fame
'Cause your world's in so much pain
'Cause your world is, 'cause your world is
Up in flames

I love them both; they both deserve mononomenclature!

I see Morrissey mostly as a comedian (misunderstood ..... I LOVE the Brown Album cover) and through his humour reveals aspects of the human condition, thus making art.

I see Madonna as a bad artist, but an artist nonetheless. She tries, but will never be anything more than she is. There's a certain authenticity to her. Like a friend who sucks at drawing, so she copies from everywhere else, leaving you with trite arts+crafts that you can't help but love cos she's your friend. Thats how I see her anyways. Plus Erotica is mindblowingly great.

Good descriptions. I never got into the Erotica album. Her best single is "Till Death do us part", a very raw and honest song, wouldn't look out of place on a Morrissey album. It's the only time she's manage to do that whereas Morrissey is raw and honest (at least in his music) pretty much all of the time.

They are both great, but neither of them are as good as the Smiths. The Smiths were special even though none of them appreciated it at them time. Were just too young

They are both great, but neither of them are as good as The Smiths. The Smiths were special even though none of them appreciated it at them time. Were just too young
I believe that Morrissey as a solo artist is far superior to anything he did with The Smiths.

Morrissey said in 2018 that he no longer listens to The Smiths, as “his pride lies” with the bulk of his work as a solo artist.

Morrissey said “My pride is with ‘Low In High School‘, ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business‘, ‘Years Of Refusal‘, ‘Ringleader Of the Tormentors‘, ‘You Are The Quarry‘, ‘Swords’, ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘Your Arsenal’, ‘Vauxhall and I’ … they are me!

Morrissey continued: “I cannot imagine my life without those solo albums, yes, and even ‘Maladjusted’! I love them so much.”

Morrissey also went on to say that he was annoyed at the lack of press recognition for the members of his solo band.

“Last year I did an interview with The Times newspaper and the piece emerged with an enormous photograph of The Smiths…who weren’t even mentioned in the conversation,” Morrissey continued. “I must live with it. There can never be enough detail to look beyond The Smiths, or to write a headline that wasn’t a Smiths song.

“I don’t think it’s a hateful gesture to keep pulling me back to 1983, but there’s certainly a morbid sentimentality. It’s a bit like referring to David Bowie only in relation to The Laughing Gnome.”

See link: https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-can-no-longer-listen-smiths-2296270

I'm guessing that poor Morrissey associates The Smiths music with a lot of trauma, pain, bad times, hurt and betrayal. :tears:

Morrissey said "Really, I'll never forgive him (Mike Joyce) and to a lesser degree Andy (Rourke), because it was horrific," Morrissey told Melody Maker in 1997. "I thought it was shocking, and if I was a weaker person or less intelligent, it would make me despise the Smiths and everything they stood for. And the judge was horrendous, and all the scrawly sniveling little extremely physically ugly people involved, who viewed me as some kind of anarchic, and semi-glamorous if you don't mind me saying, free spirit."

Read More: 20 Years Ago: Morrissey Loses a Court Battle, Then Loses His Way on 'Maladjusted' | https://diffuser.fm/morrissey-maladjusted-album/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Morrissey sang about Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke in the song "You Know I Couldn't Last":

"And the Northern leeches go on
Removing, removing, removing

Then in the end
Your royalties bring you luxuries
Oh but
The squalor of the mind...."

Morrissey "You Know I Couldn't Last" video:

Morrissey also sang about Mike Joyce in the song "Sorrow Will Come in the End".

I remember Morrissey once saying that everything he hears about Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke is unpleasant.

I'm upset with Johnny Marr's lack of support for Morrissey. Craig Gannon isn't any better either.

Morrissey wrote about the horrific 1996 court case in his book "Autobiography".

I believe that Morrissey as a solo artist is far superior to anything he did with The Smiths.

Morrissey said in 2018 that he no longer listens to The Smiths, as “his pride lies” with the bulk of his work as a solo artist.

Morrissey said “My pride is with ‘Low In High School‘, ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business‘, ‘Years Of Refusal‘, ‘Ringleader Of the Tormentors‘, ‘You Are The Quarry‘, ‘Swords’, ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘Your Arsenal’, ‘Vauxhall and I’ … they are me!

Morrissey continued: “I cannot imagine my life without those solo albums, yes, and even ‘Maladjusted’! I love them so much.”

Morrissey also went on to say that he was annoyed at the lack of press recognition for the members of his solo band.

“Last year I did an interview with The Times newspaper and the piece emerged with an enormous photograph of The Smiths…who weren’t even mentioned in the conversation,” Morrissey continued. “I must live with it. There can never be enough detail to look beyond The Smiths, or to write a headline that wasn’t a Smiths song.

“I don’t think it’s a hateful gesture to keep pulling me back to 1983, but there’s certainly a morbid sentimentality. It’s a bit like referring to David Bowie only in relation to The Laughing Gnome.”

See link: https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-can-no-longer-listen-smiths-2296270

I'm guessing that poor Morrissey associates The Smiths music with a lot of trauma, pain, bad times, hurt and betrayal. :tears:

Morrissey said "Really, I'll never forgive him (Mike Joyce) and to a lesser degree Andy (Rourke), because it was horrific," Morrissey told Melody Maker in 1997. "I thought it was shocking, and if I was a weaker person or less intelligent, it would make me despise the Smiths and everything they stood for. And the judge was horrendous, and all the scrawly sniveling little extremely physically ugly people involved, who viewed me as some kind of anarchic, and semi-glamorous if you don't mind me saying, free spirit."

Read More: 20 Years Ago: Morrissey Loses a Court Battle, Then Loses His Way on 'Maladjusted' | https://diffuser.fm/morrissey-maladjusted-album/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Morrissey sang about Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke in the song "You Know I Couldn't Last":

Then in the end
Oh but

I remember Morrissey once saying that everything he hears about Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke is unpleasant.

I'm upset with Johnny Marr's lack of support for Morrissey. Craig Gannon isn't any better either.

Lawlz

He's a better singer and has better lyrics but she's a better dancer and she's aged better. It's doesn't matter who's better, both have a 40 year music career whatever way the've done it

Aged better? She looks gross. Filled with plastic to keep her skin from melting off. Morrissey is still natural and handsome older man

Aged better? She looks gross. Filled with plastic to keep her skin from melting off. Morrissey is still natural and handsome older man

Morrissey looks like my ballsack...but if it had thinning gray hair instead of being nice and smooth via Veet.

Then in the end
Oh but

great post!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom