Johnny Marr's son calls Morrissey a racist on Instagram

EgY7B7-XkAA1LVk

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
To even compare their solo careers is insane . Ask any Smiths fan to name a Marr solo song and they’d laugh their heads off.

Is it insane though, one has had a solo career for 32 years, the other has had a true solo career for 7 years. In that 7 years he has had 3 top 10 albums, the last one selling more than Morrissey's last 2 in the UK, he played to a huge crowd at Glastonbury with a solo set and then an even larger crowd playing a couple of songs with The Killers, he's recently written the music score for the latest James Bond film with Hans Zimmer and played a number of sell out shows across the UK.

Who knows what the future holds but in Manchester it feels like the futures Johnny's and Morrissey is the past.

Is it insane though, one has had a solo career for 32 years, the other has had a true solo career for 7 years. In that 7 years he has had 3 top 10 albums, the last one selling more than Morrissey's last 2 in the UK, he played to a huge crowd at Glastonbury with a solo set and then an even larger crowd playing a couple of songs with The Killers, he's recently written the music score for the latest James Bond film with Hans Zimmer and played a number of sell out shows across the UK.

Who knows what the future holds but in Manchester it feels like the futures Johnny's and Morrissey is the past.

You have a point, Marr has benefited from a revival due to his solo work and work with Gallagher, Zimmer etc.
But the Glastonbury thing Was the crowd there to hear his solo stuff or The Smiths stuff do you reckon? The Killers didn’t ask him to play “Hi Hello” did they?
I’d argue actually Morrissey’s attitude and political stuff has probably boosted Johnny’s career, all those people who claim to now “love smiths hate Morrissey” etc etc
Marr is a wonderful musician, a generational guitar giant who without, indie rock couldn’t be imagined today.
Morrissey however, is a pop star, one of the brightest ever produced IMO, as paraphrases from that documentary, he managed to turn himself into a living archetype or pop icon, something often only reserved for the immortalised dead.

You have a point, Marr has benefited from a revival due to his solo work and work with Gallagher, Zimmer etc.
But the Glastonbury thing Was the crowd there to hear his solo stuff or The Smiths stuff do you reckon? The Killers didn’t ask him to play “Hi Hello” did they?
I’d argue actually Morrissey’s attitude and political stuff has probably boosted Johnny’s career, all those people who claim to now “love smiths hate Morrissey” etc etc
Marr is a wonderful musician, a generational guitar giant who without, indie rock couldn’t be imagined today.
Morrissey however, is a pop star, one of the brightest ever produced IMO, as paraphrases from that documentary, he managed to turn himself into a living archetype or pop icon, something often only reserved for the immortalised dead.

Its an interesting question but from an album perspective, he doesn't play any Smiths stuff on those and he has still managed 3 top 10 albums, each one charting higher than the previous one, so I reckon he is carving a decent career for himself as a solo artist.

Last edited:

There's a difference between a good career & being iconic though. Moz's disgrace will just be another bit of the legend one day.

Its an interesting question but from an album perspective, he doesn't play any Smiths stuff on those and he has still managed 3 top 10 albums, each one charting higher than the previous one, so I reckon he is carving a decent career for himself as a solo artist.

Oh for sure, his solo stuff has probs been the most success he has had outside of The Smiths. I’m not a huge fan of it, he has some good songs but it’s not all for me, can’t argue with the sales tho etc

You should be proud of your achievements, not something over which you had absolutely no control. You did nothing to 'achieve' being a white European, it simply happened.
And let's be blunt: when you say you are proud of being a white European, what you are actually saying is that you hate black people, Jews etc and you're really glad you aren't one of them.
By that logic, every black person who is proud of their race (all of them, vociferously) is saying they hate all other groups and races.

You my friend are clueless.

By that logic, every black person who is proud of their race (all of them, vociferously) is saying they hate all other groups and races.

You my friend are clueless.
But you do hate Jews and black people. You never tire of telling us that. And if you want to understand the difference between your racial pride and theirs, yours is based on personal inadequacy despite being in the dominant group, and theirs is based on having been oppressed and marginalised for centuries by people like you.
So the cluelessness is all yours my non-friend. Black lives matter.

But you do hate Jews and black people. You never tire of telling us that. And if you want to understand the difference between your racial pride and theirs, yours is based on personal inadequacy despite being in the dominant group, and theirs is based on having been oppressed and marginalised for centuries by people like you.
So the cluelessness is all yours my non-friend. Black lives matter.
Dominant group? Whites are a global minority and are disappearing in number as every day passes, whereas all other races on earth are going forth and multiplying. If you are white in Britain then within a couple of decades (or perhaps before that) you will be a minority in your own land.

My racial pride is exactly the same as anybody's racial pride - only that white pride has been prohibited by Big Bro (who can go top himself).

The British people were oppressed for centuries. We were serfs. We were living in filth conditions and squalor and forced to work in toxic cancerous factories that killed us. The average age of death in a part of Manchester during the Industrial Revolution was 17. Child labour was widespread. We were sent to endless wars as cannon fodder. Slums existed full of white families in our country until only a few decades ago.

The only people in British society who were not oppressed, marginalized and treated like crap were the very few rich people. The usual 1%.

Every single race in history has endured hard times, wars, slavery and squalor.

But only one race is encouraged to exploit their victimhood and play the game for concessions.

Get educated.

Last edited:
Dominant group? Whites are a global minority and are disappearing in number as every day passes, whereas all other races on earth are going forth and multiplying. If you are white in Britain then within a couple of decades (or perhaps before that) you will be minority in your own land.

My racial pride is exactly the same as anybody's racial pride - only that white pride has been prohibited by Big Bro (who can go top himself).

The British people were oppressed for centuries. We were serfs. We were living in filth conditions squalor and forced to work in toxic cancerous factories that killed us. The average age of death in a part of Manchester during the Industrial Revolution was 17. Child labour was widespread. We were sent to endless wars to our sure deaths. Slums existed full of white families in our country until only a few decades ago.

The only people in British society who were not oppressed, marginalized and treated like crap were the very few rich people. The usual 1%.

Every single race in history has endured hard times, wars, slavery and squalor.

But only one race is encouraged to exploit their victimhood and play the game for concessions.

Get educated.
Hmm, education is something that you clearly lack. The stunning ignorance displayed in your previous comment, seasoned with your chronic paranoia shows you up for what you are: a cowardly, paranoid racist who seemingly takes comfort in painting yourself as a victim of people who really couldn't give a tuppenny f*** about you.
You may be right about the British working classes being oppressed but they were oppressed by white British Conservatives so I'm not sure what your point is there. You seem to like to pad out your comments with irrelevant information in the vain attempt to appear knowledgeable.
And as for being encouraged to "exploit their victimhood," isn't that what you do on a daily basis on here?

Hmm, education is something that you clearly lack. The stunning ignorance displayed in your previous comment, seasoned with your chronic paranoia shows you up for what you are: a cowardly, paranoid racist who seemingly takes comfort in painting yourself as a victim of people who really couldn't give a tuppenny f*** about you.
You may be right about the British working classes being oppressed but they were oppressed by white British Conservatives so I'm not sure what your point is there. You seem to like to pad out your comments with irrelevant information in the vain attempt to appear knowledgeable.
And as for being encouraged to "exploit their victimhood," isn't that what you do on a daily basis on here?
I hate the Conservatives.

And again I repeat, all races have been oppressed and marginalized - but only some exploit this fact for the special concessions they can gain. It's called Playing the System.

We all know the two groups who do this. One is rich, one isn't. And one uses the other as battering rams.

Get educated.

BLM announced today that they do not want equality and actually want to enslave whites. If you support such a group you are insane.

Last edited:
I couldn’t care less about Nile Marr, I’ve never listened to Man Made or his own stuff, I couldn’t possibly say if his good or bad but I know for a fact a signed copy of their album has been sat gathering dust in a local record shop to me for the best part of a century.
He is well within his rights to say whatever he pleases, Morrissey has never been a shrinking violet when it comes to sharp tongues comments about other artists so it’s fair game.
It’s disappointing that he couldn’t have just answered the question tho, it would have been to see what a son thinks his fathers greatest work is instead of just trotting out a lame joke against his collaborator.

Assuming it was a joke

Oh for sure, his solo stuff has probs been the most success he has had outside of The Smiths. I’m not a huge fan of it, he has some good songs but it’s not all for me, can’t argue with the sales tho etc

To be honest I like both Morrissey and Johnny. I've seen Morrissey over 20 times and Johnny twice but the difference in the most recent gigs of both was startling. My last Morrissey gig was the NEC in Feb 2018 and it was ok, my 2nd Johnny gig was Manchester in September last year and the atmosphere was electric, not only for the Smiths stuff but for every single song.

Last edited:
Get educated.

BLM announced today that they do not want equality and actually want to enslave whites. If you support such a group you are insane.
I think one or two people claimed they wanted to enslave white people. They do not represent BLM and any attempt by you to generalise from these clearly ridiculous people falls at the first hurdle.
You're wasting your time screeching at me to 'get educated.' What you mean by that is 'I demand that you think like me and see the world as I see it.' As I'm not a paranoid racist that's not going to happen.

There's a difference between a good career & being iconic though. Moz's disgrace will just be another bit of the legend one day.

Will it though, people are easily forgotten nowadays. I saw the Smiths 3 times and they were great, Morrissey has done some great things as well but will it make him legendary? New Order released Blue Monday in 1983, it's since sold over 3 million copies and to this day it's the biggest selling 12 inch single ever, that's the sort of thing that makes bands/artists legendary.

Last edited:
I think one or two people claimed they wanted to enslave white people. They do not represent BLM and any attempt by you to generalise from these clearly ridiculous people falls at the first hurdle.
You're wasting your time screeching at me to 'get educated.' What you mean by that is 'I demand that you think like me and see the world as I see it.' As I'm not a paranoid racist that's not going to happen.
Britain's most prominent BLM campaigner announced it today (and has been suspended from twitter).

I don't want you to see the world through my eyes, but to use your own to the best of your ability. I'm advising you to "get educated" because you told me blacks have been oppressed and marginalized. I'm reminding you that all races have been oppressed and marginalized - and if this is news to you then sit down and quickly read some history to save yourself from any further embarrassment.

The unthinkable has happened folks. The guitarist from the smiths has become a more successful singer than the singer from the smiths. Marr's songs get played more and more on the radio with each new release. Steve's new songs are now almost totally ignored. Marrs last album did massively better than Steve's critically at over 80% on metacritic. And Marr is now even outselling Steve. This situation was totally unthinkable just three years ago. But we all know what silly Steve went and did.

Steve's done a lot of odd stuff that has indeed added to the legend. But being exposed as as a deeply unpleasant and idiotic liar by Der Spiegel, telling the whole world he prefers his own race, and urging people to vote for a nasty, far right, protect the rich political party has done absolutely nothing other than lost him tens of thousands of fans, and put off any record company from ever signing him again.

Will it though, people are easily forgotten nowadays. I saw the Smiths 3 times and they were great, Morrissey has done some great things as well but will it make him legendary? New Order released Blue Monday in 1983, it's since sold over 3 million copies and it to this day the biggest selling 12 inch single ever, that's the sort of thing that makes bands/artists legendary.

No, it's more than sales. It's art. He's properly unique. Great writer. Great look. Complex personality. No matter how underground it gets, eventually someone will write the book or the article or make the documentary that establishes his reputation.

f0ab01c210e89516012c26a7e4c0144f.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom