Johnny Marr's Autobiography - possible November 2016 release date

of course i'm gonna read it, but i don't know why some people think he's gonna talk bad about morrissey just because morrissey say some mean things about johnny in his autobiography. That doesn't mean he likes morrissey now, but i don't think he's gonna 100% sincere. I could be wrong tho

Just saw this tweet from The Booksellers Association:

According to the slide in the photo, it has a release date of November 3.

As expected. They already said it will be out in the autumn of 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
of course i'm gonna read it, but i don't know why some people think he's gonna talk bad about morrissey just because morrissey say some mean things about johnny in his autobiography. That doesn't mean he likes morrissey now, but i don't think he's gonna 100% sincere. I could be wrong tho

An autobiography should be -at least- sincere. If people think he's not sincere they won't buy it.

Why the reference to "no ghost writing involved"? Was it necessary?

Why the reference to "no ghost writing involved"? Was it necessary?

I guess it's because so many of these types of 'autobiographies' are ghostwritten that it makes it a sort of novelty - sad, I know. .

Many music/celebrity memoirs are ghostwritten or contain the story of -X- "as told to" or "with" -Writer Y- - occasionally, the ghost writer won't even receive any credit on the cover or title pages. I've seen a few mentioned only in the acknowledgements. While it's not a guarantee of quality, it allows the "authentic voice" of the author to be unfettered by some house style. Recent examples of the "non-ghosted" variety would be Neil Young's memoirs. To some readers, I imagine it will be a selling point that JM is writing his on his own.

(Or see HangtheDJ16's response...)

If that is the photo for Marr's autobiography then at least he is honest by using a fairly recent photo on the cover. Unlike the Moz autobiography paperback.

If that is the photo for Marr's autobiography then at least he is honest by using a fairly recent photo on the cover. Unlike the Moz autobiography paperback.

If you go by the posted picture then Johnny Marr's book is called Johnny Marr which would be even more uninspiring than, well, Autobiography. :D

If you go by the posted picture then Johnny Marr's book is called Johnny Marr which would be even more uninspiring than, well, Autobiography. :D

Probably the ghost writer suggested the title.

- - - Updated - - -

Recent but photoshopped. What's more honest?

i know people here won't agree with me, but i appreciate that johnny doesn't have to be such a drama queen like moz (at least for now) :straightface:

I don't agree with you. He should have a public and strong fight with the editors, with the ghost writer and with the cover designer. On the contrary, how will people know he is releasing a book?

Quite amusing that it's also coming out on Penguin - I bet Morrissey will be fuming.

Anyway - I am lucky enough to have read an early draft, and here is the opening sentence: “My childhood is guitars upon guitars upon guitars upon guitars. Guitars to define you and guitars to confine you, with no sign of oboe, piccolo or bassoon.”

An audiobook version read by Johnny Depp is due to follow a couple of months after publication.

We all know there's only one Autobiography that's worth reading if you want the truth. And that is Morrissey's.

Wonder if Johnny will follow his bio with a book of fiction.

;)

Really? If memory serves me right a judge called him "devious, truculent and unreliable", so why would you assume his book to be an accurate view of anything?

I expect Johnnys book to be a far more accurate view of many events which will be put across without all the bitterness and bile that infests Morrissey these days. Particularly looking forward to anything regarding Electronic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom